A New Method

Dr Evil

Okay so this is gonna be a bit of a rant so if you don't want to hear some bashing then stop here. 

Like many of you I've been a diehard fans for years. We have been through A LOT of hard times as well as some f#^%n great ones. 

I've been hearing a lot of talks about us going after Mike Glennon or Tyrod Taylor in free agency. Unless they are going to come at a pretty reasonable price (<14 mil a year) we should not sign them. Some Qb desperate team is going to throw a boatload of cash at them, and I pray it is not us. Next year is already a lost year. Maybe you don't wanna hear it, but it is. If you look at our schedule you'd see that we'd be lucky to win 6 games. 

That said, we need to develop our youth. The second biggest failure (the first being the difficult 1st 6 games in which we underachieved) is that we didnt start playing petty and the pups way earlier. Most players in the NFL needs reps to grow. Nowadays players dont get those reps in practice because of the new cba. You hear Bowles and Chan talk about it all the time. If a player isn't playing in games you can be sure he's not getting those reps in practice either as the starter takes the majority of them. 

Maybe Petty or Hackenberg are not the answer but how will we know if they NEVER see the field? Oh we get to see one or two preseason games where they don't perform well. Guess what? They're playing with players who wont even be in the league let alone play in games. "Yeah but the defense is terrible too they should shred them" Their O-line and weapons are not good in these games. In my opinion, Petty has looked like a deer in the headlights a solid amount of the time. But I have also seen some talent as well as a big pair of Balls. He got smacked by Wake and Suh AND still made the completion. He didn't throw his line under the bus, he took the blame. To me that shows maturity that is necessary to be a big dog in this league. 

Yeah he might not be successful in his few starts but was Fitz?  Drew Brees did not have much success his first 2 years with san diego. Big Ben albeit his teams success didnt put up crazy numbers, he had a great team around him that held him up as he gathered his feet under him. Hell even Tom Brady has become a much better quarterback as he ages like a fine wine. Yeah some qbs kill it from start, they usually have great supporting cast.

Dont think I am comparing those players to Petty or Hack, I'm not. I am merely stating that players need time to develop. 

Lets give these players a full season without calling for their heads, demanding a trade, etc. It doesn't help the players and it certainly doesn't help the team. We've seen what happens when we throw money at past prime vets, satisfactory players from other teams, and so on.

I know we all want to see a Superbowl but you can't buy it, you need to work for it. We all want the jets to be like the Pats (minus the cheating/sketchy culture) admit it. Success year in and year out. DoesBB and crew throw money at people? He does the opposite. He builds a complete team. He disposes players who are a distraction, demand too much money. We should learn from him.

If we go after Glennon or TT it will be a bandaid for a couple of decent years. Who wants that? I want GREATNESS.

I just want our fanbase to get a little more patient. We will be great. It will take time.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Glennon or TT will be amazing. I just don't think so. Either way I still bleed green and will support this team every step of the way. I just wont be demading change because something doesnt work immediately. 

Thanks for reading my two cents. Lemme hear what you think. 

right.  and by extension the jets also need front office stability to keep these players moving along.  there are far too many who want to blame maccagnan and then bowles.  bowles deserves it more because he's in the eye of the problem but even here he needs to learn and he's only going to be as good as the people around him.  players and coaches included.

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

right.  and by extension the jets also need front office stability to keep these players moving along.  there are far too many who want to blame maccagnan and then bowles.  bowles deserves it more because he's in the eye of the problem but even here he needs to learn and he's only going to be as good as the people around him.  players and coaches included.

Next year, when the Jets win 4 or 5 games, please come back and tell us how much you support Bowles.

16 minutes ago, peebag said:

Next year, when the Jets win 4 or 5 games, please come back and tell us how much you support Bowles.

It doesnt matter who coaches the Jets next year, they arent winning more than 5 games. Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Bucs, Pats 2x.  Please tell me peebag, who is leading the jets to wins against these teams? Good gameplanning can only go so far. You need talented players. You need chemistry. 

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I agree to an extent. I place some of the blame on mccagnans shoulders. He overpaid revis to please the fans imo. i wanted him back but not at that price at a position where athleticism is maybe the most vital aspect and he ages past 30. Bringing back fitz so late in the offseason was a big mistake as well. It shouldve been settled early or not at all. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

It doesnt matter who coaches the Jets next year, they arent winning more than 5 games. Chiefs, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Raiders, Saints, Bucs, Pats 2x.  Please tell me peebag, who is leading the jets to wins against these teams? Good gameplanning can only go so far. You need talented players. You need chemistry. 

Exactly.. doesn't matter what qb we try to find either.. Instead of wasting picks on defense, marginal qbs.. we need to re-build O line, find a TE, etc.. Ohh and revamp secondary.. Will take another 2 years at least. Until then doesn't matter who the qb is.. might as well let petty gunsling it..

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

This isn't rocket science. Draft well, don't trade away draft slots that land you cheap talent, and don't pay for insanely high priced free agents. Rinse, repeat.

Yes but my point is that drafted players dont usually make an immediate impact and our fanbase plays a huge role in how our team is managed. Players dont perform from day one and we all riot and demand change.

55 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

I HATE to say it but I think Rex wins more than 5 games next year with this team.  He's a motivator and that counts.    

57 minutes ago, Dr Evil said:

Yes but my point is that drafted players dont usually make an immediate impact and our fanbase plays a huge role in how our team is managed. Players dont perform from day one and we all riot and demand change.

Do you like Dr.  Who? 

4 hours ago, peebag said:

+1

OMFG what are these guys watching? How can anyone still support Bowles? LOLUMKSO (laughing out loud until my kishkas spill out) - this team is a joke.. a laughing stock. You guys want this for another year? I don't. We are so royally screwed.

10 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

+1

OMFG what are these guys watching? How can anyone still support Bowles? LOLUMKSO (laughing out loud until my kishkas spill out) - this team is a joke.. a laughing stock. You guys want this for another year? I don't. We are so royally screwed.

Todd Bowles is to coaching what Vlad Ducasse was to offense.   

Many said let him develop etc....  common sense could tell you he had no athletic prowess. 

Build an O Line, first and foremost. None of the QBs in this coming draft are pro ready. None. There aren't any Dak Prescott's...or even Jared Goff's. Trubisky is a pipe dream, no more talented or able than Petty. 

Trade the pointless and redundant 3-4 DEs we have for picks or young O Line talent. Build from the Offensive Trenches. The game is BUILT and CONTROLLED to benefit the offense. Build the line. Give a QB the ability to actually develop on the field instead of running for his life or getting pounded into dust. Put a foundation in place for either Petty or Hack to Develop or for the next guy to step into. Look at Oakland. Look at Dallas. Hell, look at NE. Brady has minutes to stand and scan the field....sure, his Oline is allowed to cheat and hold ... so build a line that can just beat people.

Build a badass Oline. Help your QB get better. Deal with other problems later.....

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Build an O Line, first and foremost. None of the QBs in this coming draft are pro ready. None. There aren't any Dak Prescott's...or even Jared Goff's. Trubisky is a pipe dream, no more talented or able than Petty. 

Trade the pointless and redundant 3-4 DEs we have for picks or young O Line talent. Build from the Offensive Trenches. The game is BUILT and CONTROLLED to benefit the offense. Build the line. Give a QB the ability to actually develop on the field instead of running for his life or getting pounded into dust. Put a foundation in place for either Petty or Hack to Develop or for the next guy to step into. Look at Oakland. Look at Dallas. Hell, look at NE. Brady has minutes to stand and scan the field....sure, his Oline is allowed to cheat and hold ... so build a line that can just beat people.

Build a badass Oline. Help your QB get better. Deal with other problems later.....

Pat Mahomes II man pro ready just know when knows it.

10 hours ago, peebag said:

Kind of like asking did you tell us how you didn't support Bowles after 10 Wins a year ago.  Or how wrong you were if they win 9 or 10 next year. 

Archived