Starting FS after Gilchrist is cut

Tinstar

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

I wish we could just cut him next year, but I just don't see it being cost effective.  Question is, can Revis move to safety in the later part of his career and be effective?

yes he can, at stealing more money. Part of being a safety is a willingness to make a tackle .   Revis has turned into the Cromartie of tacklers

9 hours ago, Tinstar said:

We need to draft a real SS, someone who can cover as well as make tackles at or behind the LOS. Calvin Pryor is not that player .

And if we did that we could let Pryor go back to his natural position... Let him patrol the box area and scare teams from going over the middle so much.

I would love for him to develop into a better cover guy but I'm not sure how much more we can expect him to change at this point.

41 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

And if we did that we could let Pryor go back to his natural position... Let him patrol the box area and scare teams from going over the middle so much.

I would love for him to develop into a better cover guy but I'm not sure how much more we can expect him to change at this point.

Sorry, but Pryor needs a new address . He's a safety that can't cover and his best attribute is a borderline  penalty . Even if they decided to move him to a small linebacker position, he would still have to cover backs and TEs and he can't do that as have been proven .  The NFL isn't about Big hits any more, but can you get in the way of the offensive player enough to create an issue for the QB .

Pryor Can't, end of mistake . 

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Sorry, but Pryor needs a new address . He's a safety that can't cover and his best attribute is a borderline  penalty . Even if they decided to move him to a small linebacker position, he would still have to cover backs and TEs and he can't do that as have been proven .  The NFL isn't about Big hits any more, but can you get in the way of the offensive player enough to create an issue for the QB .

Pryor Can't, end of mistake . 

I hate Calvin Pryor. He's garbage. Hated the pick when we made it, his rookie year was a joke, last year he shockingly play well, but this year right back to garbage. I hope he gets cut.

19 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Easily Rontez Miles with the current roster. I wouldn't be opposed to trying Revis there for the last season of his career.

He's more SS than free safety and even thou he's a better coverage safety than Pryor, he not very good at it either .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

He's more SS than free safety and even thou he's a better coverage safety than Pryor, he not very good at it either .

I think Pryor could be effective if he had other decent starters with him. With no real corner and FS Pryor or any other SS will get exposed regularly.

Archived