A weird Productive season

kevinc855

I know, how? I'm all for w's above all and don't buy into the "rebuild" crap as it doesn't work in this league but in a weird twist of fate we learned a lot about this team this year. We learned about our young talent, we learned each of our qb's stink (sorry petty people but he's bad) we learned chan needs to go and we learned a lot about some of our veterans. I think also Todd has learned a whole lot about coaching. This is all sets up for a team that can be dangerous in 2017 and also commands two top 40 picks to boot. Our future is bright, we just need to solve this qb riddle and I at this time have no answer for the that yet 

What young talent stood out on this 5 win team? Not much.

Agree with Chan

Todd Bowles hasn't appeared to have learned anything

Jet's draft history is bad, particularly 2nd rounders. Might as well say they have 1 top 40 pick. The other is another Gholston, Smith, etc waiting to happen

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I know, how? I'm all for w's above all and don't buy into the "rebuild" crap as it doesn't work in this league but in a weird twist of fate we learned a lot about this team this year. We learned about our young talent, we learned each of our qb's stink (sorry petty people but he's bad) we learned chan needs to go and we learned a lot about some of our veterans. I think also Todd has learned a whole lot about coaching. This is all sets up for a team that can be dangerous in 2017 and also commands two top 40 picks to boot. Our future is bright, we just need to solve this qb riddle and I at this time have no answer for the that yet 

Rarely have I seen a post that was so completely wrong on every level.  There is something seriously wrong with your eyesight and/or cognitive process.   Where did you spend the 2016 NFL season?  Bizarro World?

Kevin, you really need to come to three realizations.

1) Every thought in your head is not thread worthy.

2) There absolutely is credence to the concept of a rebuild.

3) The Jets are going to be awful in 2017. "Dangerous?" Only perilous to watch...at your own risk.  And they'll probably suck for 2 more years after that. 

After a season like this it becomes time to evaluate from the top down and from what I see it's time to clean house and commit to a rebuild. Say goodbye to the CS, I love Mac and i'll give him another shot. I'd like to see Bill O'Brien come in and shake things up if Houston is dumb enough to fire him. He has history with Hack and is a nice offensive minded HC who seems to gain the respect of players, could really turn this team around. At DC we could promote Pepper Johnson or bring in a guy like Emmitt Thomas a brilliant defensive mind who specializes in the secondary. Free agency will be interesting a decent ammount of Oline talent and Stephon Gilmore. Bringing in a guy like Gilmore who's 26 and shouldn't command a ton in salary would be a pivotal piece in rebuilding the secondary. Gilmore at the #1 and Williams as the #2 is a decent cb tandem. Snag a safety like Jamal Adams from LSU with the first round pick followed by oline in the 2nd and 3rd and we're in business. 

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

?format=500w

This is like when people have a stroke and lose the ability to control half of their bodies and get confined to a wheelchair and they tell people it's the best thing that ever happened to them because it made them realize that every day is a gift or some sh*t.

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-12.gif

Archived