Talking about Glennon with huge Bucs fans at SB party...

HighPitch

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Then why keep responding?

Why wouldn't I?  Exposing your one-sided evaluation is fun.  

At this point you only dislike Glennon because Villain likes him.

If you ever read posts other than your own, you'd know how untrue that statement is.  

Obviously there's something here worthy of your time

Indeed there is.

This is what I'll do. I will leave this particular convo with you alone

Lol, back to the same old "I can;t answer my critics, so I'll just disengage and pretend they don't exist for 15 minutes".  Bravo for consistency.

You have the floor until then. 

Mate, I always have the floor.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

If Mike Maccagnan and NY Jets organization think Mike Glennon is the answer, then so be it we shall see. 

If he's under center in 2017 we support him. 

Yes, i agree (may not be the biggest fan of it).

Doesnt matter if the Bucs lost the game. Im not talking about the Bucs, im talking about Mike Glennon who plays for the Bucs.

So a low-performance and production day that his team lost.....is your shining example of his play?

I'd stick to using his overall resume, it's a far superior argument to this sillyness and deflection.  It's akin to saying Geno is awesome because he threw for 150 yards in a loss to New England but didn't completely suck doing it.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Doesnt matter if the Bucs lost the game. Im not talking about the Bucs, im talking about Mike Glennon who plays for the Bucs. Also, I could show you games where he's thrown for alot more, but then you'll have an excuse for that one as well. 

Jets fans wouldnt know a QB talent if someone posted one repeatedly on a Jets forum. 

Dude, I think he's a waste of time and money. You are not going to convince me otherwise. You've been shilling for this guy for three years now on this site. I'm just sick of hearing it. If you love this guy so much. go buy so friggin Bucs gear. 

1 minute ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Dude, I think he's a waste of time and money. You are not going to convince me otherwise. You've been shilling for this guy for three years now on this site. I'm just sick of hearing it. If you love this guy so much. go buy so friggin Bucs gear. 

I dont need to or worry too much about convincing  you. The person I hope is convinced is Mike Maccagnan. 

You'll be along for the ride regardless. 

3 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I watched all of his games and also watched him live. I liked Glennon over Geno. I was impressed with how Glennon improved on the majority of his weaknesses in his scouting report. He actually at times moved well in the pocket avoided the rush kept his eyes down field and even ran the ball. I don't know what he will be in this league but in the right situation I think he will do really well. I am definitely a Glennon supporter, just don't want to give him Brock O money. I think there will be more teams after him in FA than most think.

It's certainly possible more teams will be interested in him then we think, and that will drive the market.  However, I'm still not sure he'll get that kind of contract...  Osweiller had just come off a successful partial season when he got that deal.  Glennon hasn't started a game since 2014, and then, he'd only started 5. But, more importantly, everyone in the league looks at Osweiller's deal as a bad on at this point, so I can't imagine making a similar deal for a guy who hasn't played in 2 seasons.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hope so. Would love to watch guys have to explain their positions again like they did with the Fitzpatrick nonsense. 

its a money thing... a lack of talent thing... we have too many issues to sign and pay a QB that is not top 10 material.... simple.

If we were in the Texans situation similar to last season where we had a few positions of need and the money to blow then go for it, but we're not. 

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

its a money thing... a lack of talent thing... we have too many issues to sign and pay a QB that is not top 10 material.... simple.

If we were in the Texans situation similar to last season where we had a few positions of need and the money to blow then go for it, but we're not. 

Then dont spend money while only having a QB that is bottom 5, for the sake of saving money that you wont want to spend next season as well because the QB isnt "top 10". 

If thats the way you would build your team then thats bad decision making. I look at what Glennon has done with the little talent he's had around him. I would sign him with these young receivers and immediately revamp that Oline...something he's never had before. 

"Top 10 material"...., so paying for top 15/top 20 material is pointless because he's not top 10 material? So I guess we should stick with guys who shouldnt even be on the field then. 

We saved money though so I guess we got that going for us. We saved money in 2014....its 2017, what has it done for us? 

You let me know, I'll wait for that answer. 

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet the majority of Jets fans wanted Fitz back. 

24 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

As someone who spends way too much time on this board, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on that one. 

I wanted him back until the end of April.  I had hoped they could get him cheaper.  When it was practically August?  There is no way I wanted him back at over $10M

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then dont spend money had deal with having a QB that is bottom 5, for the sake of saving money that you wont want to spend next season because the QB isnt "top 10". 

If thats the way you would build your team then thats bad decision making. I look at what Glennon has done with the little talent he's had around him. I would sign him with these young receivers and immediately revamp that Oline...something he's never had before. 

"Top 10 material"...., so paying for top 15/top 20 material is pointless because he's not top 10 material? So I guess we should stick with guys who shouldnt even be on the field then. 

We saved money though so I guess we got that going for us. We saved money in 2014....its 2017, what has it done for us? 

You let me know, I'll wait for that answer. 

I am saying develop or draft a QB, or even sign a cheap FA until we are able to draft a QB that we (Mac) believe is a franchise caliber player. You are wanting to blow money on an unproven qb. Save the money, invest it somewhere else.

Bad decision making is putting an average to below average, QB on the field that needs more than 1 player. 

"I look at what Glennon has done" - and that is what exactly, not be able to beat out Josh McKown.....Spending the money you will most likely have to spend on Glennon who is, a beast, as you say is more idiotic than trying to get the Oline, CBs, S, OLB, TE, fixed and address our aging player position issues.  Such a beast in fact, that he could not get on the field over McKown. If he was a beast, they would have had no option but to put him on the field, oh wait the didn't. The talent Glennon had around him, I fail to see where our talent is far superior that he would blossom into, said beast.

Yeah, don't waste your money on an older "Osweiler" type that may just sh!t the bed. Its always possible Glennon could succeed here, sure.

use of 2014 and Idzik as an example is idiotic. that fücker had no clue what he was doing and it shows that, what, 3 of his draft picks are still around/in the league. 

You would sign him, great, I wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wanted him back until the end of April.  I had hoped they could get him cheaper.  When it was practically August?  There is no way I wanted him back at over $10M

I hear you. I made a 30min video stating that it would be a huge mistake to resign him for more than the 5 to 7 million I had as a Max. I didn't want him back period, but I felt like if we were going to do it that the max should have been 7 million. I'm still disgusted at the fact that my Jets were dumb enough to fall for that.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

In general, my hierarchy of best sources are:

1. Anonymous Jet coaches

2. Buccaneer fans at a party

3. Jetnation

We are going to work hard to get that # 2 spot on your list this year.

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I was at a SB party here in Tampa. The conversation went to the jets and they sort of chuckled to each other saying things along the lines of "oh yea, the bucs f##k things up but get it right in 2 or three years....but the jets, they do the same thing all the time and never learn...."

Whatever.

Anyways I asked about their thoughts on Glennon and they all had a very strong feeling: The guy got a RAW deal. They said that he was very good in his rookie year and they were all looking forward to the future until that C##t (their words) Lovie Smith came in and ruined everything. Thye said that they hated him and josh freeman. Now that jameius is there all is well, but they all supported Glennon and HATED the fact that Lovie did the switch. One guy asked me, "OHHHH so you think the jets want to sign Glennon, that would be a good move since you have no real Qbs." Another guy said "There are 8 or so frachise QBs in the league and another 5 or 6 that are the pits,......Glennon is a starter in this league NO DOUBT and would probably rank right in the middle like # 14, 15 or 16.

So whatever fwiw

I agree with most of that. Did you tell him BUCS fans are as bad a fan base as exists???  Ive seen many games there.

If Bucs contents..its all GO BUCS.  Short of that...they look like JETS fans. :)

LOVE Tampa, mom lives in Palm Harbor. Im running the 1/2 marathon there in 2 weeks.  I go there 4 -5 times a year.

40 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

This.

39 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont need to or worry too much about convincing  you. The person I hope is convinced is Mike Maccagnan. 

Well, considering that Klacko reads this sh*t, and Mike MacCagnan doesn't. It would appear that you are in fact trying to convince Klacko, despite saying the complete opposite, Mr. Trump.

I'm glad to see you in full off-season pant-wetting mode though.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I hear you. I made a 30min video stating that it would be a huge mistake to resign him for more than the 5 to 7 million I had as a Max. I didn't want him back period, but I felt like if we were going to do it that the max should have been 7 million. I'm still disgusted at the fact that my Jets were dumb enough to fall for that.

It took you 30 minutes to make that argument? And the Jets didn't listen to you? I'm shocked.

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet the majority of Jets fans wanted Fitz back. 

The Head Coach wanted him back. So did most of the locker room. 

The fans were not the influence here. I wouldn't dig in too deep on this line of revisionist history.

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

These dont look like 50/50 balls to me, they look like well placed passes from Glennon. Concentrate on the ball placement of these passes, alot of times Glennon is throwing the defender right out of the play. 

9.gif

The Gif below shows how Glennon throws Evans open and away from the over-the-top coverage by the safety. Glennon throws away from the defense and puts the body of the receiver between the defender and the ball. This is on purpose for the record, this isnt 50/50 balls and wishing upon a star.

8.gif

Below is another angle of the play.

10.gif

This was just a drop by Evans...but notice how this was either going to be a complete pass or incomplete pass. The defender has no influence on the play, but is only there to make the tackle if the receiver actually makes the play. 

7.gif

Glennon uses the back-shoulder pass to Vincent Jackson and there's simply nothing the defender can do about this. 

3.gif

Again, Glennon leading the receiver away from the defender with this pass (though dropped). 

2.gif

You cant throw a better TD pass than this. Glennon uses the size/ability of Evans here to shield out Buster Skrine. He puts this ball perfectly on the right shoulder leading away from the defender. This is what you call "undefendable"....not a 50/50 ball. 

6.gif

This may look like Glennon is simply "chucking one" up in the air, but how many times must we see Glennon throw the ball to where he puts the receivers body inbetween the ball and the defender? 

1.gif

45 yard pass, ball placed in a spot putting the receiver between the ball and defender....again.

Evans%20catch.gif

Look at it from another angle. Look how close Glennon played the out of bounds line with his ball placement. 

Evans%20catch%20v.2.gif

Mike Glennon isnt Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick throws up 50/50 balls. Mike Glennon throws beautiful passes downfield that puts his receivers in good position to make a play on the ball while also eliminating the defender via ball placement. 

People need to stop saying things that they've may have heard and actually watch the guy play. 

But Villain, watching him play takes time.  Why do that when you can just repeat what somebody else (who has also never watched him play) told you?

Also, Glennon's rookie season, the one that had the Bucs saying he was the future, Mike Evans wasn't on the team.

His leading pass catchers were:

V Jax

Tim Wright

Brian Leonard

Taiquan Underwood

Mike WIlliams

Chris Owusu

Unreal.

3 hours ago, Stonehands said:

Glennon's early results were a result of having Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson to throw to.  He threw a lot of 50-50 balls into traffic and came away with some great catches.  He is still a very unknown quantity and is probably going to get paid like a starting player.  I don't think that is where we need to be spending money.  We should be developing the guys we have already and adding a known quantity veteran to the mix.  

Interesting observation given the fact that Evans wasn't on the team during Glennon's rookie season, or if he was, he didn't catch a single pass.

Why are people so set on judging a player they've never watched?

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

I am saying develop or draft a QB, or even sign a cheap FA until we are able to draft a QB that we (Mac) believe is a franchise caliber player. You are wanting to blow money on an unproven qb. Save the money, invest it somewhere else.

Bad decision making is putting an average to below average, QB on the field that needs more than 1 player. 

"I look at what Glennon has done" - and that is what exactly, not be able to beat out Josh McKown.....Spending the money you will most likely have to spend on Glennon who is, a beast, as you say is more idiotic than trying to get the Oline, CBs, S, OLB, TE, fixed and address our aging player position issues.  Such a beast in fact, that he could not get on the field over McKown. If he was a beast, they would have had no option but to put him on the field, oh wait the didn't. The talent Glennon had around him, I fail to see where our talent is far superior that he would blossom into, said beast.

Yeah, don't waste your money on an older "Osweiler" type that may just sh!t the bed. Its always possible Glennon could succeed here, sure.

use of 2014 and Idzik as an example is idiotic. that fücker had no clue what he was doing and it shows that, what, 3 of his draft picks are still around/in the league. 

You would sign him, great, I wouldn't. 

What do you think we're doing with Hackenberg? We're developing a qb that isn't ready to see the field...that doesn't mean not to go out and get a qb that is ready to see the field.

You don't "save the money", you spend it on what can make the team better. Maybe what the Jets should do is to hit on their draft picks, AND stop drafting defense in the 1st round.

Also, Glennon didn't beat out Josh McCown because there wasn't a competition for the job. The head coach purposefully put the lesser talent on the field because he had no ties to Glennon, plain and simple. The only thing idiotic are when I hear people bring up the same argument yet when you compare the numbers Glennon played better. 

Another idiotic statement is the Osweiler reference, when Glennon's stats are better than his as well and it's not even close.

I would sign him, but you wouldn't sign him given that the only thing you know about him is what others have said.  You're not the first person to make these same generic arguments. I present original thoughts to the table because I have thoughts on his game to begin with. The only thing close to idiotic that I've done is continue to argue with people who's opinions are borrowed from others because they haven't truly seen the player themselves

56 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And if Francessa was right last off-season, the Jets called the Bucs to make a deal, so if true, they obviously like him.

Now several reports saying they're interested is giving me hope for the future.

Go get him Mac.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

I will say it one more time.... 

If the Jets have a chance to Glennon and don't they will AGAIN regret it and folks will AGAIN put up the lame excuse that NO ONE could know that he was that GOOD!!!!

Oh yes they could and did..Get Glennon in here...

x1,000,000

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

And if Francessa was right last off-season, the Jets called the Bucs to make a deal, so if true, they obviously like him.

Now several reports saying they're interested is giving me hope for the future.

Go get him Mac.

I hope this is true so we can be competitive again at the position...because you don't have to be "top 10 material" to be competitive. 

Archived