Mahomes Breakdown

KRL

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL you obviously read the wrong persons posts he repeatedly called the names not me. 

STOP embarrassing yourself. 

I’ll stop because I’m arguing with you and it’s pointless and I’ll wind up hearing it.  You’re not worth it, I’m tired trying to be nice to a brick wall

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re a liar and a baby. 

I didn’t do a thing, don’t tell me to have a better day tomorrow.  

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ll stop because I’m arguing with you and it’s pointless and I’ll wind up hearing it.  You’re not worth it, I’m tired trying to be nice to a brick wall

Ok i'm going to fix all this hold on. Best for everyone. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut

You've chosen to ignore content by Mogglez

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok i'm going to fix all this hold on. Best for everyone. 

You've chosen to ignore content by Jet Nut

You've chosen to ignore content by Mogglez

OMG, JW will ignore me for a few hours.  

I know, you know, you’re reading this

Bye

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I'll eat my crow. I always liked Mahomes, but I guess I should have been higher on him from the start.

To be fair: My issues with Mahomes at that time was not talent. He definitely had the raw talent, the issue was the system he came from at Texas Tech. From what I watched, that offense just seemed way too gimmicky. I watched as much of him as I could and I rarely saw many passes from him that I would classify as "NFL passes". So I had alot of questions about how his play would translate in the NFL.

I was wrong. I'll take the L here kanye west shrug GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, King P said:

I'll eat my crow. I always liked Mahomes, but I guess I should have been higher on him from the start.

To be fair: My issues with Mahomes at that time was not talent. He definitely had the raw talent, the issue was the system he came from at Texas Tech. From what I watched, that offense just seemed way too gimmicky. I watched as much of him as I could and I rarely saw many passes from him that I would classify as "NFL passes". So I had alot of questions about how his play would translate in the NFL.

Since I'm here....

Yeah pretty much.  It was never about the tools, it was always how could he translate to the pro game.  Most of the credit goes to Reid tbqh.  I don't think he'd be this amazing without his tutelage.  His year 1 to year 2 leap was astronomical.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Honest assessment and I agree with your analysis. I'm curious as to what round you had him slotted in?

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So if the NY Jets go 3-13 and Sam Darnold has a bad year we shouldn't consider drafting another QB with say the #2 pick in the draft. 

Knock the high and mighty sh*t off and talk football or shut the hell up. 

Admit it you made a mistake on Mahomes and move on. 

So what I said we should sign Ray Rice and draft Joe Smoe WHO CARES. 

Why make it personal with the name calling. 

He’s said he screwed up with Mohomes about 10 times and you keep saying the same thing over and over again

As if you ever had an idea who Mahomes was or saw him play a single college game before someone mentioned his name

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Honest assessment and I agree with your analysis. I'm curious as to what round you had him slotted in?

I originally tabbed him as a 2nd/3rd round pick. As time went by I pegged him up to a late 1st/early 2nd, because the raw talent was too much too ignore.

The month leading up to the draft, I noticed how much hype he was getting and thought to myself "he'll end up going in mid 1st, most likely to a team that can sit him and develop him". So I wasn't mad, and thought it was a great pick for Kansas City given their situation.

In live time, I never would have picked Mahomes at 6. If we were going QB at 6, I would have gone Watson or Kizer (major whiff on my part ?)

• Upvote 4

Just now, batman10023 said:

I bumped it.  Didn’t mean to start a war!  

It was interesting to read the views on Mahomes from back in the day.  Not to prove anything. 

He started the war, don't worry about it.  You're fine, lol.

It definitely is.  A little refreshing to see that I wasn't alone in feeling the way I did about the kid.  He's easily my biggest "oof".

• Upvote 2

Just now, batman10023 said:

My son would buttfumble me. 

Those two got a good thing. 

Is moddlez the guy with the jet connection or is that scoops

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

My son would buttfumble me. 

Those two got a good thing. 

Is moddlez the guy with the jet connection or is that scoops

That would be me, ironically lol

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

That’s what I thought. 

Did anyone on the jets like him or was it not considered.   I don’t think he would do as well t9 be honest on the jets. 

Him and Watson were the only two QBs considered with Watson being 1 and Mahomes being 2.  They wanted to trade down from the spot as they felt neither were worth pick #6 and floated interest in Trubisky to do so. Trubisky went #2 and, unfortunately, no great offers came in.

Maccagnan really should have pulled the trigger in hindsight.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, King P said:

I originally tabbed him as a 2nd/3rd round pick. As time went by I pegged him up to a late 1st/early 2nd, because the raw talent was too much too ignore.

The month leading up to the draft, I noticed how much hype he was getting and thought to myself "he'll end up going in mid 1st, most likely to a team that can sit him and develop him". So I wasn't mad, and thought it was a great pick for Kansas City given their situation.

In live time, I never would have picked Mahomes at 6. If we were going QB at 6, I would have gone Watson or Kizer (major whiff on my part ?)

You would have had a lot of company with that Kizor whiff. I pegged Mahomes as a 2nd or early 3rd rounder in live time. Had him pegged as a system QB. Much like Kliff Kingsbury when he came out. I was SHOCKED , as were many , when KC moved up to grab him. You never know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I already told you I missed the f*cking post and still think it's ridiculous regardless of who said it.

Were you talking to your future self when said the bolded? It took you about 15 minutes to essentially agree with Joes willy and I

It would take a seriously catastrophic year from Sam for that to happen.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

And if it happens would you consider picking another QB with the #2 pick. 

What type of numbers does he put up?  When I say catastrophic, I'm talking numbers worse than his rookie year.

If so, sure.  I'd consider it.

Who cares I wasn't alone either in saying that we should draft a QB until we find the franchise QB @CTM also said it but you chose to comment on my post. 

I already told you I missed the f*cking post and still think it's ridiculous regardless of who said it.

So if the NY Jets go 3-13 and Sam Darnold has a bad year we shouldn't consider drafting another QB with say the #2 pick in the draft. 

It would take a seriously catastrophic year from Sam for that to happen.

And if it happens would you consider picking another QB with the #2 pick. 

What type of numbers does he put up?  When I say catastrophic, I'm talking numbers worse than his rookie year.

If so, sure.  I'd consider it.

"Considering taking a QB top 2 next year is the dumbest thing I've heard all week. Anyone who thinks such a thing is ridiculous regardless of who they are"

// 15 minutes later 

"Yes I would consider taking a QB at 2 if Darnold plays poorly the rest of the year" 

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

"Considering taking a QB top 2 next year is the dumbest thing I've heard all week. Anyone who thinks such a thing is ridiculous regardless of who they are"

// 15 minutes later 

"Yes I would consider taking a QB at 2 if Darnold plays poorly the rest of the year" 

I wasn't being 100% serious with him which I guess is hard to distinguish over the internet.  That "sure, I'd consider it" was meant to be a "whatever, f*ck it, I'll play the stupid hypothetical" type response and it was mostly to get him to shut up and leave me alone because talking to him is like talking to a brick wall.  You can keep going after I already told you that I'm just going to agree to disagree with you if it makes you feel better though. I'm not gonna keep going on about this with you. 

I think drafting Tua or someone next year is, in all honesty, supremely stupid.  You don't.  Cool.  Drop it.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I wasn't being 100% serious with him which I guess is hard to distinguish over the internet.  That "sure, I'd consider it" was meant to be a "whatever, f*ck it, I'll play the stupid hypothetical" type response and it was mostly to get him to shut up and leave me alone because talking to him is like talking to a brick wall.  You can keep going after I already told you that I'm just going to agree to disagree with you if it makes you feel better though. I'm not gonna keep going on about this with you. 

I think drafting Tua or someone next year is, in all honesty, supremely stupid.  You don't.  Cool.  Drop it.

Why would I drop it when we are so clearly under your skin? How long have you internet?

You seem to be missing a crucial point here. Nobody is saying draft Tua today. We are saying that a) if Sam sucks this year and b) f Tua or someone else grades out as a #1 pick you have to strongly consider taking him in the scenario where both A and B are true in March. One or both of those things could very well, even likely,  be false which would change the answer.

You have to understand that there is nothing stupid about this position given the hypothetical. In fact, its the entirely reasonable position whereas your dogmatic  stance of "will not draft a QB under any scenario" seems like the dumb, emotional reaction.

Why not just admit you over reacted and or misunderstood the point,  apologize to joe's willy and we can all move on. Maybe, just maybe, consider sending him a topless picture as a measure of good will 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, King P said:

At that point, I couldnt get past the Big 12 system stuff but I was on board because he has so much talent you cant teach.

I was all in on Watson.  He was the only pick in my mind. 

Those days were great.  I was told repeatedly how both prospects sucked and were 3rd round grades but were only elevated because the QB class sucked.  I cant remember who I battled on the the topic of 2017 class >>>> 2018 class but that debate was epic.  One dude couldnt contain himself, completely cracked and went mental on me because I wasnt impressed with the Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Jackson class (he was calling it historic talent) and felt we should take Watson or Mahomes because they're better.

Cooler heads prevailed and were right.  lol

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Seriously ? Rehashing this drivel after some 2 1/2 years with personal attacks ?

Follow along please the personal attacks were 1 sided and started in another thread about drafting another QB if we have the #2 pick and Darnold played poorly the rest of the season. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Follow along please the personal attacks were 1 sided and started in another thread about drafting another QB if we have the #2 pick and Darnold played poorly the rest of the season. 

Based on your recent posts here I'm guessing the 1 sided was you. I'm commenting on your actions here not some other thread I'm not familiar with. Again ..... rehashing it after 2 1/2 years ? Let it go.

47 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Based on your recent posts here I'm guessing the 1 sided was you. I'm commenting on your actions here not some other thread I'm not familiar with. Again ..... rehashing it after 2 1/2 years ? Let it go.

Nope wrong again chief, if I called someone those names I would be banned.

Follow along read the entire posts and threads associated  or don't comment. Thanks 

It's gone its all good on my end problem solved. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope wrong again chief, if I called someone those names I would be banned.

Follow along read the entire posts and threads associated  or don't comment. Thanks 

It's gone its all good on my end problem solved. 

Maybe you do "chief" but I ain't got time to read every post on every associated thread. Once again I only commented on what you said in this thread.

BTW: What's with the "chief" ? Maybe you're a Chief fan but I'm a Jets fan NOT a KC fan.

23 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Maybe you do "chief" but I ain't got time to read every post on every associated thread. Once again I only commented on what you said in this thread.

BTW: What's with the "chief" ? Maybe you're a Chief fan but I'm a Jets fan NOT a KC fan.

Well then your comments are irrelevant to what transpired that led to all this. 

Im a NY Jets fan too couldn't think of being a fan of any other team ever. 

Anyway it's over moved on. 

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Him and Watson were the only two QBs considered with Watson being 1 and Mahomes being 2.  They wanted to trade down from the spot as they felt neither were worth pick #6 and floated interest in Trubisky to do so. Trubisky went #2 and, unfortunately, no great offers came in.

Maccagnan really should have pulled the trigger in hindsight.

Pulled the trigger as in traded down still or taken a QB at 6? I'm guessing the former.

Passing on Watson at 6 has me feeling some type of way. But it doesn't surprise me, because I remember reading/hearing that Mac was willing to pass on the QBs in 2017 and wait for the QBs in 2018. Which in retrospect was a really dumb move IMO.

But it's ok, because in the end Macc ended up getting his guy. Still remains to be seen if Darnold will be THE guy for us

When I was growing up, my family always used to say this little rhyme whenever someone tried to insult us;

"Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".  It was cute, funny and so honestly true.  

I grew up thinking this was an extremely common saying but looking at this board and society in general, it's almost like nobody else has ever heard that saying.  Because here I am on a message board watching adults 50+ years old acting like a bunch of children getting offended by some bozo they've never met calling them a bad name. And then I think, all these creeps procreated and I guarantee you there part of the masses that say; "these damn millennial's, they're too sensitive.  This country is too politically correct.  Cant say anything anymore.  When I was growing up".   And I've always thought to myself,  these kids had to learn it from somewhere and would wonder where...and then I come to my favorite place on the interwbez and it all comes together.

God bless you JetNation! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, King P said:

Pulled the trigger as in traded down still or taken a QB at 6? I'm guessing the former.

Passing on Watson at 6 has me feeling some type of way. But it doesn't surprise me, because I remember reading/hearing that Mac was willing to pass on the QBs in 2017 and wait for the QBs in 2018. Which in retrospect was a really dumb move IMO.

But it's ok, because in the end Macc ended up getting his guy. Still remains to be seen if Darnold will be THE guy for us

Yeah the former.

I have got to agree, as much as I love Sam, we could have really used all of those picks to build around Watson and have this team on the right track sooner rather than later.

I really believe in Sam.... despite the fact that Maccagnan was awful as can be.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

When I was growing up, my family always used to say this little rhyme whenever someone tried to insult us;

"Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me".  It was cute, funny and so honestly true.  

I grew up thinking this was an extremely common saying but looking at this board and society in general, it's almost like nobody else has ever heard that saying.  Because here I am on a message board watching adults 50+ years old acting like a bunch of children getting offended by some bozo they've never met calling them a bad name. And then I think, all these creeps procreated and I guarantee you there part of the masses that say; "these damn millennial's, they're too sensitive.  This country is too politically correct.  Cant say anything anymore.  When I was growing up".   And I've always thought to myself,  these kids had to learn it from somewhere and would wonder where...and then I come to my favorite place on the interwbez and it all comes together.

God bless you JetNation! 

Great post @JiF

Ive always said when a discussion here gets heated and someone revolts to calling others names they realized they can no longer discus a situation civilly and need to retort to name calling, instead of proving their point with facts or actual truthful statements more than likely they cannot handle the truth. 

Agree "Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Great post @JiF

Ive always said when a discussion here gets heated and someone revolts to calling others names they realized they can no longer discus a situation civilly and need to retort to name calling, instead of proving their point with facts or actual truthful statements more than likely they cannot handle the truth. 

Agree "Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me". 

I like you joe, I think we'd be good friends in real life.  You're a down ass o.g. dawg! 

• Upvote 1