Evan Engram

Greenseed4

Impressive indeed. Which will probably boost his draft stock and have him go early in the 2nd round, behind OJ Howard.

It all depends on what happens in the lead up to the draft, who the jets will sign via FA, if they trade Richardson, and what they do with the 6th overall pick.

If the Jets trade down and add multiple picks down the line, if they trade Richardson for a 3rd, if they sign one of the remaining top FA CBs or Safeties, then you would think they have the luxury to use a high pick on a guy like Engram. But he's not really what the Jets need. Apart from the obvious hole at QB, they need a LT, CB, Edge rusher and Safety.

Furthermore, unless they plan to move Enunwa outside or change his role, the TYPE of TE they is someone with 3 down potential who can block. You can get a guy like that later in the draft- either with the last pick in the 3rd or even in the 5th round.

Seems like a slightly more athletic version of Enunwa. To me it's a luxury pick. This team has been desperate for a real TE: 6'4+, 250+ (blocking is a plus). I suppose if the Jets fell in love with him and want to go the Chargers route and just have huge WRs I guess I can live with that, but they still need a TE too.

1 hour ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Seems like a slightly more athletic version of Enunwa. To me it's a luxury pick. This team has been desperate for a real TE: 6'4+, 250+ (blocking is a plus). I suppose if the Jets fell in love with him and want to go the Chargers route and just have huge WRs I guess I can live with that, but they still need a TE too.

We haven't had a real tight end in eons

15 hours ago, King P said:

I'm a big Engram fan, reminds me a lot of Aaron Hernandez (on the field anyways lol)

Wouldn't mind him drafting him at all

He is my favorite receiver in this draft, and a big reason of that is because I believe he can be had in that 2nd round. This is a deep draft and when you think about WRs to be drafted in 1st round, you think Mike Williams, Corey Davis, John Ross n then you add OJ Howard.  This is why I believe he would be there in the 2nd r. But if he is not and Cooper Kupp drops to 2nd round the NY jets should run to the podium to draft either of these guys in 2nd round, they r both awesome talents and fairly underrated.

8 hours ago, Lgm ny jets said:

He is my favorite receiver in this draft, and a big reason of that is because I believe he can be had in that 2nd round. This is a deep draft and when you think about WRs to be drafted in 1st round, you think Mike Williams, Corey Davis, John Ross n then you add OJ Howard.  This is why I believe he would be there in the 2nd r. But if he is not and Cooper Kupp drops to 2nd round the NY jets should run to the podium to draft either of these guys in 2nd round, they r both awesome talents and fairly underrated.

What about OJ Howard in the first, and Evan Engram in the 2nd?

(and after everyone loses their sh*t...we find out that Engram is going to be our WR1 in a Mike Evans role, and he turns out to be the best big-bodied receiver in this class).

On March 12, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Greenseed4 said:

What about OJ Howard in the first, and Evan Engram in the 2nd?

(and after everyone loses their sh*t...we find out that Engram is going to be our WR1 in a Mike Evans role, and he turns out to be the best big-bodied receiver in this class).

What about OJ Howard in rd 1, Watson or Kizer in rd 2, the jets actually have a surprisingly good season next year and we save Mac and Bowles's careers?

This is clearly the best TE class in the NFL history. I would have NO problems taking 2 players the way NE (stole my thunder) with Gronk and Hernandez in the same swing.

Howard is all around beast, but not the receiver megastar ppl make him out to be. He'll be inline and a redzone threat

Engram and Everett are both joker TEs and similar to Jordan Reed, with Engram being a more polished runner, but Everett has the best hands of the group.

Bucky's a project with Graham upside and Sprinkle is a lesser Howard. Lots of depth with Hback prospects as well from smaller programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On March 17, 2017 at 0:13 PM, Paradis said:

This is clearly the best TE class in the NFL history. I would have NO problems taking 2 players the way NE (stole my thunder) with Gronk and Hernandez in the same swing.

Howard is all around beast, but not the receiver megastar ppl make him out to be. He'll be inline and a redzone threat

Engram and Everett are both joker TEs and similar to Jordan Reed, with Engram being a more polished runner, but Everett has the best hands of the group.

Bucky's a project with Graham upside and Sprinkle is a lesser Howard. Lots of depth with Hback prospects as well from smaller programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch us pass on all of these tight ends for a bunch of JAG safeties and linebackers 

Archived