• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Which QB do you take?

54.8% 3291 17TD/13INT 6.5YPA 205.7 ypg, 75.3/54.2 

or

63.6% 4370 24TD/12INT 7.6YPA 273.1 ypg 92/63.5

:lol: indeed.  I am amazed you can type wearing that white coat where the sleeves tie in back.  

TRENT DILFER SAID SO!  IN NOVEMBER WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY!

I think you're confused, brah. Those silly numbers that directly correlate with production? They're meaningless. What really matters is what nyjunc's heart tells him.

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why would I waste my time making valid counterpoints to someone who is clearly allergic to logic? You're so far removed from reality that obvious facts and points are simply retorted by citing team success and downplaying bafflingly bad games and turnovers as not his fault.

just keep spouting off meaning stats w/o context.  that should help you.  did you know Peyton mannign threw for almost 300 yards against that great Seattle D in SB XLVIII?  what a great performance!

27 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Which QB do you take?

54.8% 3291 17TD/13INT 6.5YPA 205.7 ypg, 75.3/54.2 

or

63.6% 4370 24TD/12INT 7.6YPA 273.1 ypg 92/63.5

:lol: indeed.  I am amazed you can type wearing that white coat where the sleeves tie in back.  

TRENT DILFER SAID SO!  IN NOVEMBER WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY!

QB A led his team to 11 wins and another AFC title game app

QB B led his team to 6-10 and has NEVER won and has one career playoff win at home where he led his O to 19 pts.  

but hey- blind numbers w/o context!  

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he certainly was a well above average QB in 2010.  there were't 10 better QBs that season.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

QB A led his team to 11 wins and another AFC title game app

QB B led his team to 6-10 and has NEVER won and has one career playoff win at home where he led his O to 19 pts.  

but hey- blind numbers w/o context!  

I will agree.  If you judge QBs solely by the record of their team, Mark Sanchez was a top 10 QB in 2010.  Nobody else actually believes that, but if you want to judge by blind numbers (record) without context (how they actually played) you would be correct. 

FWIW, QBR rates on a success failure basis, so winning contributions count more than raw numbers.  Sanchez finished 23rd.  Behind Fitzpatrick, Cassel, Schaub, Cutler, Freeman, Shaun Hill, Jon Kitna, Eli, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer and of course all the usual suspects.  Literally all of them.  

50 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Why is he a Free Agent coming off a season where he was a 3rd string QB then? The whole league is wrong on him?

Our defense was very good and kept us in the game all the time during those seasons and we had a great O-Line. Sanchez did some good things at times. But did a lot of bad things as well.

As bad as Sanchez is if we signed him he'd be our best Qb by far

20 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, QBR rates on a success failure basis, so winning contributions count more than raw numbers.  Sanchez finished 23rd.  Behind Fitzpatrick, Cassel, Schaub, Cutler, Freeman, Shaun Hill, Jon Kitna, Eli, Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer and of course all the usual suspects.  Literally all of them.  

and did much more than each of those QBs but ratings!

5 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

If you are saying tank - as in lose on purpose -  i would NEVER be down with that, but if you mean lose while we develop the young guys then I am all for that. In fact, I expect the 2017 season to be just that. I see Geno Smith winning the QB job, but Petty or Hackenberg will get a chance at the end of the season.

Not saying that.  Rather, I am willing to take the risk we might tank by playing younger players, for the potential upside of developing said players.  Problem with over-paying players when you are not a player or two away is that you kill your future cap to sign players when you are in position for a run, and you also commit yourself to mediocrity of an occasional 10-6, but more likely 9-7 or 8-8, picking in the middle of the draft, and wondering why we never have the opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

Either the young guys develop, or we have a pick in a loaded draft and we hit reset.  I'll take that gamble.

7 hours ago, jdeacon said:

I am perfectly fine with no big names in free agency. If that is the case though there is no excuse we do not lock up Enunwa this year and have him set at a team friendly contract for the foreseeable future.

Seriously, what do you think of Enunwa? He did great when he was #3 behind Decker and Marshall, but when Deck went down I honestly didn't see him step up and show us that he could be a 1 or 2 WR. Was it just the bad QB situation or is he pretty much a #3?

Just now, Freemanm said:

Seriously, what do you think of Enunwa? He did great when he was #3 behind Decker and Marshall, but when Deck went down I honestly didn't see him step up and show us that he could be a 1 or 2 WR. Was it just the bad AB situation or is he pretty much a #3?

I think he has the ceiling of a #1 with the floor being a very solid #2. He flashed a lot this year and even came out and admitted once the locker room began to divide it let him affect his training during the season. Instead of staying after practice to work with the jug machines he would go home. Unfortunately this is what happens when you do not have a coach that has a handle on his locker room and is my biggest criticism of Bowles.

As a prospect I see a young wr that has speed, great hands and is difficult to tackle. He offers versatility as a good down the field blocker working out of the slot as well as the ability to track the ball down the field for the deep pass working on the outside. He showed he has the ability to use his body to box out defenders on jump ball passes as well flashing good enough hands to snag the ball out of the air and get both feet down in tight areas. 

The main reason want to extend him is I believe he is going to explode this year and that is going to force his price tag way up. Time will tell if he is just a decent blocking wr that makes the occasional big play or turns into a legit playmaker.

Seriously, what do you think of Enunwa? He did great when he was #3 behind Decker and Marshall, but when Deck went down I honestly didn't see him step up and show us that he could be a 1 or 2 WR. Was it just the bad QB situation or is he pretty much a #3?

He was used to block alot. He will never be a one or two receiver because we play him more as a tight end and he plays the role well.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

when Mac and Bowles are both unemployed next January they can look at this thread and feel better

So you think the FO is going to have Macc and Bowles gut the team and buy the groceries for the beginnings of a rebuild knowing they're going to be fired? Hate to break it to you, if Macc and or Bowles were getting fired it would've been this year. They're both here at least another 3 years, and they have full autonomy while they're here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 hours ago, prime21 said:

I don't believe this will happen.  This full rebuild doesn't happen without Woody's approval.  With that comes the understanding that this year will be a developmental year for young players and that also equates to many losses.   Why fire people when you are on board the the rebuild train and expecting 3 or 4 wins.

Unless they go 0-16 :)  

IT IS CALLED

SUCK FOR SAM !!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/9/2017 at 9:50 AM, jdeacon said:

I am perfectly fine with no big names in free agency. If that is the case though there is no excuse we do not lock up Enunwa this year and have him set at a team friendly contract for the foreseeable future.

i was thinking the same thing about enunwa.  he's got some talent and it would be foolish to let him go into net season without a contract.

Archived