Manish: Geno should go to Canada

AFJF

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's weird all these teams have interest on a player who's been (according to a certain poster on JN) "black listed" in the NFL.

He and his torn ACL are somehow generating more interest than FitzMagic. Shocking, really.  

9 minutes ago, slats said:

He and his torn ACL are somehow generating more interest than FitzMagic. Shocking, really.  

Not shocking at all, Fitz likely won't play in the NFL again, and if he does, he won't join a team till either late in camp, or mid-camp/season if someone gets desperate.  He's old.

As for young Geno, anonymous reports of "reported" interest is pretty meaningless tbqh.  

It'll be news when he is signed, and I believe he will be signed (as a #2 or #3/camp arm/reclamation project).

It's not news when his agent leaks "look at all the interest!" to the fake news media.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not shocking at all, Fitz likely won't play in the NFL again, and if he does, he won't join a team till either late in camp, or mid-camp/season if someone gets desperate.  He's old.

As for young Geno, anonymous reports of "reported" interest is pretty meaningless tbqh.  

It'll be news when he is signed, and I believe he will be signed (as a #2 or #3/camp arm/reclamation project).

It's not news when his agent leaks "look at all the interest!" to the fake news media.

It's not his age, lol, it's that he sucks. The Jets have expressed some interest in Josh McCown, who'll be 38 when training camp starts. 

Just now, slats said:

It's not his age, lol, it's that he sucks.

It's demonstrable fact that he is and was better and more productive than Geno.

And yes, he did in fact suck badly last year, along with most of our team.

So it's his age and his level of suck last year that has him sitting at home for the foreseeable future, and likely forever now.

If you want to get all stiff because Geno might get a #2 job, be my guest.  It'll be more interesting when it's not media hype, but an actual signing.

Just now, slats said:

The Jets have expressed some interest in Josh McCown, who'll be 38 when training camp starts. 

A horrible, pointless, counterproductive and foolish move in my book.

Still, it'd be better than bringing Geno or Fitz back.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Mannish has officially recanted his statement after finding out from a reputable source that Geno cannot find his passport. 

Oh that's easy, he probably tossed it on his dresser and it bounced off and fell behind it.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

If you want to get all stiff because Geno might get a #2 job, be my guest.  It'll be more interesting when it's not media hype, but an actual signing.

Even if I wanted to get all stiff over that, I don't think it would work. 

However, enjoy your stiffy over Marshall and Decker carrying Fitz to extraordinary heights against the weakest schedule in the league. Some of us saw that he was a scrub even then. Too bad Mac didn't. 

24 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Fitz could retire because his monetary value has decreased (I saw on one site he was given a $4.4 million rating). He's also said he doesn't want to continue to move his kids around.  I think you're right though, he will probably wait until late in training camp or during the regular season (for injuries) if he decides to play. I'm pretty sure there is a market for him at that kind of a price. He's been through this before and just might not want to go to the back of the bus again. I think with more controls over him he could still be an effective Qb. His play last year was reckless and you'd expect a vet would make much better decisions. If a starting Qb goes down he probably would be the best available Qb to start for a team. So he might decide not to immediately sign, the price could be very low and he might just wait for an injury and they will happen. Right now he can only get a backup job.If you really analyze Fitz last season he had that 6 pack. And I think 11 more picks for the remaining games. If you gave him a mulligan for that game (and I know nobody here is willing to do that) his basic fault was not being able to lead the team to Ws for the rest of the season. He played only fair in most of those games and wasn't able to lead the team out of a hole they dug for themselves. A lot of it was trying to play from behind because of bad defense. A good vet Qb would have maybe been able to stop the bleeding. Instead Fitz added to it by taking too many chances and playing outside of his skill set. Can he bounce back and play like he did in 2015. I think it's possible. But he has to play within himself and not try to be Brett Favre. He isn't but he was at least in 2015 a good starting NFL Qb. And in 2014 he played pretty well for the Texans, too. Not great but ok. 

45 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Browns reportedly have interest in Geno Smith, potentially as a starter

495408054-e1476755602758.jpg?w=207Getty Images

The Browns haven’t identified their starting quarterback for 2017, but it could be someone who spent the last two years as a backup.

Geno Smith has drawn interest from the Browns and would be able to compete for the starting job in Cleveland, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Smith hasn’t started and finished a game since 2014, so he would seem more likely to be a backup in 2017. He has indicated that he’s willing to serve as a backup, and two teams that have shown interest in Smith as a backup are the Chargers and Giants.

But if Smith wants to start, Cleveland may be the only place where he’d get a chance. At the moment, the Browns’ quarterback depth chart consists of Cody KesslerKevin Hogan and Brock Osweiler, with Osweiler likely to be gone before the season starts and Hogan not seen as having a legitimate shot at winning the starting job. So Smith could compete with Kessler in camp, and potentially beat him out.

But Kessler showed some promise as a rookie last year, and there’s nothing forcing the Browns to cut Osweiler, even though they traded for him more because they wanted the draft pick that came with him than because they wanted Osweiler himself. A Kessler-Osweiler quarterback competition might be better than a Kessler-Smith quarterback competition.

hue jackson is supposed to be an offensive guru so maybe he can get through to geno.  and he might be better than kessler. as you think about this it just becomes more and more frustrating because he represents another in the long line of failed 2nd round picks not to mention failed idzik picks.

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's demonstrable fact that he is and was better and more productive than Geno.

And yes, he did in fact suck badly last year, along with most of our team.

So it's his age and his level of suck last year that has him sitting at home for the foreseeable future, and likely forever now.

A horrible, pointless, counterproductive and foolish move in my book.

Still, it'd be better than bringing Geno or Fitz back.

i don't think anyone should be crying for fitz.  too bad it didn't work out but he made more last season than most people do in a few lifetimes.  i don't think he's going to play this season.  maybe he'll go work for espn.

9 minutes ago, slats said:

However, enjoy your stiffy over Marshall and Decker carrying Fitz to extraordinary heights against the weakest schedule in the league. Some of us saw that he was a scrub even then. Too bad Mac didn't. 

I'm spectacularly uninterested in the last two years and the debates over which flavor of sh*t smelled slightly better over that time period.

And you most certainly won't see me advocating for Fitz's return or talking up Fitz if he manages to snag another job (or fake agent-driven "interest").  I'm looking forward to ou future.

You'll find it's only the obsessive Geno Fan contingent that needs to endlessly claim how "right" they were (evidence to the contrary be damned), who need to ceaselessly advocate for Geno getting more work, to prattle on about Geno coming back to the Jets (lol), or how good Geno woulda, coulda, shoulda been if only.  We're at the point where Geno getting any interest is seen as some kind of proof Geno is, what?  A good QB?  Lol.

Fitz sucked.  He was demonstrably better than Geno, but he still sucked badly.  And now he's gone, and I'm glad because he's gone.  

Geno fans tho, are still trying to win the last argument, an argument there is no need to waste time on here anymore.  He's gone, isn't it time for Geno's small cadre of fans to simply admit the guy they advocated for sucked, to stop making excuses for him, to accept that he failed here, and get on with their lives?  

We got our own 2017 players to talk about.

I mean really, you and others are all in a tizzy....over the "other guy" in 2015 maybe getting interest from other teams maybe, as a #2, maybe.  Because lets be honest, you have nothing about Geno here to actually talk up, and you never did.  All you got is excuses, deflections and some odd hope Geno lands a job elsewhere so you can be "right" on the internet, as if Geno snagging a reclamation-chance #2 job someplace makes you right about anything, lol.

How long you want to keep doing this?  2025, will you still be talking Fitz and Geno?  

1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

Browns reportedly have interest in Geno Smith, potentially as a starter

495408054-e1476755602758.jpg?w=207Getty Images

The Browns haven’t identified their starting quarterback for 2017, but it could be someone who spent the last two years as a backup.

Geno Smith has drawn interest from the Browns and would be able to compete for the starting job in Cleveland, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Smith hasn’t started and finished a game since 2014, so he would seem more likely to be a backup in 2017. He has indicated that he’s willing to serve as a backup, and two teams that have shown interest in Smith as a backup are the Chargers and Giants.

But if Smith wants to start, Cleveland may be the only place where he’d get a chance. At the moment, the Browns’ quarterback depth chart consists of Cody KesslerKevin Hogan and Brock Osweiler, with Osweiler likely to be gone before the season starts and Hogan not seen as having a legitimate shot at winning the starting job. So Smith could compete with Kessler in camp, and potentially beat him out.

But Kessler showed some promise as a rookie last year, and there’s nothing forcing the Browns to cut Osweiler, even though they traded for him more because they wanted the draft pick that came with him than because they wanted Osweiler himself. A Kessler-Osweiler quarterback competition might be better than a Kessler-Smith quarterback competition.

They're trying to out-tank us, the cheeky bastids.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Let us hope he does sign somewhere and for a big fat contract as that will impact our Comp pick no?

53 minutes ago, slats said:

No receiver carries a Qb on their backs. If that's the case you can say Joe Montana was carried by Jerry Rice, etc. All good receivers make plays, sometimes great plays, that's their job. And much of this is practice and familiarity with your receivers. You throw the ball two inches over the receiver and he knows where to go to catch it. Fitz had this in 2015 but not in 2016 thanks to management. So say what you want but Fitz played well in 2015. The offense clicked for the first time in years. As for strength of schedule one of the reasons it was not as strong was because the Jets beat ten teams who were our opponents after only winning 4 in 2014. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No receiver carries a Qb on their backs. If that's the case you can say Joe Montana was carried by Jerry Rice, etc. All good receivers make plays, sometimes great plays, that's their job. And much of this is practice and familiarity with your receivers. You throw the ball two inches over the receiver and he knows where to go to catch it. Fitz had this in 2015 but not in 2016 thanks to management. So say what you want but Fitz played well in 2015. The offense clicked for the first time in years. As for strength of schedule one of the reasons it was not as strong was because the Jets beat ten teams who were our opponents after only winning 4 in 2014. 

How do you post on this board from your alternate universe? What technology do you possess? 

It wouldn't be the worst for his career to go to Canada and start for a couple seasons to try to prove to NFL teams that he is mentally and physically ready to handle the starting spot. Otherwise his best chance to start is taking a backup role and hoping for the starter to suffer an injury. Not a great career prospect unless he's happy riding pine. He sure didn't seem that way the last two years. 

Archived