Draft Rumors

C Mart

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

only after you use every ounce of energy, every nanosecond while the clock is ticking to find a trade-down partner.  Plus Mac has to be willing to go below the traditional trade chart value to make it happen;

I agree totally with this, a guy like Adams would be a decent consolation prize but I'd still work hard to traded down.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

So......a wacky Top 6 could be....

Browns - Garrett DE
49ers - Fournette RB
Bears - Allen DL
Jagaurs - Watson QB
Browns (from TN) - Trubisky QB
Jets - picking from M Lattimore, J Adams, M Hooker, OJ Howard, M Williams, or maybe S. Thomas

Swap Allen for Adams, and the Jets are screwed.

Just now, C Mart said:

Charlie Campbell (@DraftCampbell)

4/25/17, 1:20 PM

Sources tell me the #Steelers are gauging teams interest in #NotreDame QB DeShone Kizer. Pit targeting him at 30: walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumorm…

Good job. This rumor thread needs more rumors... I fondly look back on the days of bongo59

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Good job. This rumor thread needs more rumors... I fondly look back on the days of bongo59

I...........am...........hearing................the..........jets.............may,,,,,,,,,,,,,like...........mangold...........

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Howard is going to get over drafted big time.  I'll be upset if we took him at 6.

If Howard is similar to Greg Olsen and Mike Williams to Brandon Marshall, how does it make sense to take Howard over Williams?  No one in their right mind could say that Olsen is a better offensive weapon than Brandon Marshall.  If Howard was another Jimmy Graham, then okay.  He'd be well worth #6 in that case.  But, he's not.

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

If Howard is similar to Greg Olsen and Mike Williams to Brandon Marshall, how does it make sense to take Howard over Marshall?  No one in their right mind could say that Olsen is a better offensive weapon than Brandon Marshall.  If Howard was another Jimmy Graham, then okay.  He'd be well worth #6 in that case.  But, he's not.

Eh.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Hearing the Niners might take McCaffrey from Stanford at 2. Insane but those are the rumors.

Most rumors I have seen tag McCaffery to the Panthers. I think whoever ends up snagging this kid is going to be happy with their investment though.

expect Davis Webb to be off the board by the middle of round 2.  Teams showing the greatest interest to this point include the New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Chargers and Arizona Cardinals.   

I’ve mocked Webb to the Buffalo Bills in Round 2 a couple of times now but have been told that while the team has shown interest in the signal caller, it has taken a backseat to the franchises mentioned above.

DA Draft Buzz: Tuesday Notes For Draft Week | Draft Analyst from Tony Pauline’s 

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

God no, please.

Please no.. 

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Right now for me, the top 4 choices that I want to see in order are Garrett, Adams, Howard and Trade Down (last two are close).

Those 4 outcomes to me are the best.choices for the team

Howard really scares me I feel like he has bust written all over him. I think expectations of him got built up too fast and got blown out of proportion. He has the potential of being a good nfl Tight end but there are players who will be more likely to have successful careers than him at pick 6 I would rather go with a safer pick.

Seems to me that this draft is just bending us over and will completely f$%k us in the a-- when we take another marginal non-value defensive pick at 6 that will do nothing to help the long term prospects of this team. If we pick a friggin safety or CB at 6 I might lose it

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Seems to me that this draft is just bending us over and will completely f$%k us in the a-- when we take another marginal non-value defensive pick at 6 that will do nothing to help the long term prospects of this team. If we pick a friggin safety or CB at 6 I might lose it

i understand and agree to a point.  i've been banging on the table for years to take an offensive player in the first round.  however leonard williams was the correct pick and if adams fell to us it would also be the right one.

Jonathan Allen...be prepared. 

we kind of need a good saftey and or cb...I would rather us take a good player than a crappy one because it is an offensive player and fans like offensive playmakers...The only offensive players who I think are worth taking a swing on at #6 are Fournette and maybe Williams.

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Howard really scares me I feel like he has bust written all over him. I think expectations of him got built up too fast and got blown out of proportion. He has the potential of being a good nfl Tight end but there are players who will be more likely to have successful careers than him at pick 6 I would rather go with a safer pick.

Howard doesn't scare me as much. Found this quote by an NFC GM on him.

"Alabama recruited a shiny toy but (Lane) Kiffin never really knew what to do with it. I don't worry about the talent at all. He could be an all-pro. I just need to know if he loves football."

1. That quote makes sense because Lane Kiffin's an idiot.

2. The last part scares me but I think that the Jets would have found out about that by now and I dont think Saban would recruit a guy like that

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't know why safety or CB (although I would hate Lattimore) would be considered low positional value. This is a throwing league.

In my opinion, they are just not elite positions unless you get a once every 5-10 year talent and I do not think any of these backfield guys are

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't know why safety or CB (although I would hate Lattimore) would be considered low positional value. This is a throwing league.

I'd sooner have someone trying to score TDs, then preventing them. Going D every first round for as long as I can remember has done nothing for this team.

In my opinion, they are just not elite positions unless you get a once every 5-10 year talent and I do not think any of these backfield guys are

Im not sure if i remember all the years these guys were drafted but i don't think Revis, Peterson, Haden, Sherman...just to name a few were each 5-10 years apart they are or were all difference makers right?

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

So you would like OJ Howard

He's marginal, but more valuable and higher game impact than any DB. All we need to do is look at our own drafting history and the impact of first round CBs in general in recent drafts. Edge rushers have far more impact on games and defense against the pass than any DB outside of the HOF guys. But you win games by scoring more points than the opponent, especially now, and since we are trying to develop a young QB, providing protection and weapons for that young QB is far far more important than any defensive upgrade at this point in the rebuild.

Archived