"Suck for Sam"ers please read

20andOut

No GM passes on a player because who might be available in the draft the following season.

There's a reason why the following year's pick is valued less than the current pick in draft pick trade proposals.  This year is always worth more.

The Jets could go 2-14 next year and still get only the 4th pick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Costello needs something to write every day so I am not surprised. When Darnold is winning a Super Bowl in 6 years he will write how the Jets missed out on their chance to land a franchise QB because they tried to win 6 games instead of settling for 2 wins in 2017. 

I am bookmarking all these threads to bring back when Darnold turns out to be what most know he will become. 

okay, maybe he will but he could also be the next stafford, or matty ice, luck, or leaf and so on. hopefully you'll give everyone darnold updates in the future.

Everyone on the suck for Sam bus needs to consider this...If the 49ers draft a QB 2nd overall(rumour) and the Browns do at 12 that essentially takes 2 medicine teams off the suck for same competition. If Glennon does well that's 3 teams that will be bottom feeders likely off the market for a QB. Tomorrow's draft will dictate where other teams heads are at regarding waiting for the 2018 draft.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The Suck for Sam is a delusional bunch I cant stand.

1) We don't know hes a GOD, lets see another season

2) He could get hurt easily, SO yea throw away a season for that

3) WE ARENT GONA PICK 1 next year GURANTEED!

Root for your team and stop being little whiny B's

1 - We don't know - we'll have a better idea after this season

2 - The season is going to suck anyway

3 - There's a pretty good chance they pick 1.  The team is dreadful.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

and the Jets actually had a shot at Peyton and he refused to declare. 

Because......Tuna would not commit to taking him with the #1 overall. We lost out on Peyton Manning and have been mired in mediocrity through Tuna, Herm, Mangenious, Rex, and Bowels because of ego and fear of taking the risk of locking into a QB who was clearly worth it. 

Darnold looks the part on tape. It's not just the one speectacular bowl game. With another season under his belt, he should be one of the best prospects we have seen in a while. Rosen and Rudolph look like very solid prospects too, but so far one guy is jumping off the tape. With good seasons, they can easily close the gap.  I'm confident Rudolph will check every single box come draft season.  The Allen kid in Wyoming I haven't seen much of.  I have seen the cutups from draftbreakdown.com for the RB Hill, but not the whole games.

But the point is....you have to be scouting QBs from their frosh year on up or you have a loser scouting staff. Taking inventory at every step of the way is the only way you know when you need to be stocking up for upcoming years or trading up with future picks. This is a class smart teams will pass on. So you can almost ensure we are taking Deshaun Watson at 6.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The Suck for Sam is a delusional bunch I cant stand.

1) We don't know hes a GOD, lets see another season

2) He could get hurt easily, SO yea throw away a season for that

3) WE ARENT GONA PICK 1 next year GURANTEED!

Root for your team and stop being little whiny B's

I get it that nothing in this world is guaranteed.  True.  Except a team that continually does everything that can to win 5 games a year will never be good until they either really suck when there's an elite QB coming out, OR they hit on a QB prospect that no one else believes can do it.

Now look back at the last ten drafts.  The Jets have drafted more QBs than any other team in the league.  So finding a QB later in the draft won't happen to the Jets.  They apparently really suck at it.  

Now if you read in the Draft Rumors thread, they have a quote from a scout (Thomas) that says Darnold could be the third player in draft history to receive a perfect grade.  (Elway and Bo Jackson). So yeah, he could get injured.  But unless it's catastrophic, he's the number one pick.  And what ever team loses enough games to have the top pick, is going to be very good very soon after that.

So if I look at the Jets roster and honestly evaluate this team, they have one win talent.  So sure I'll watch in hopes that the young kids develop.  But if this team goes out and wins four games next year, instead of talking about our franchise savior coming in, we can continue our fruitless arguments about whether drafting a TE at 6 is too high or what non-premium will we reach for.

21 minutes ago, adb280z said:

1 - We don't know - we'll have a better idea after this season

2 - The season is going to suck anyway

3 - There's a pretty good chance they pick 1.  The team is dreadful.

You guys realize the front office and coaching staff aren't actually trying to tank?  

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Sucking alone isn't enough

1 or 2 flukey wins blows up your plan

As does a coach fighting for his job in December. If they are going to do this tank job right. Bowles needs to be fired mid season. Don't make the same mistake we did with Rex and allow for a player/coach us against the world love fest. Of course that's now only Woody's call because he's too stupid to have a intelligent chain of command in his NFL sandbox.  We are so fuuuucked.

8 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Because......Tuna would not commit to taking him with the #1 overall. 

yeah but the greater point is that even if a team wait for the perfect QB prospect, that guy has leverage.

What if he hates NY? He can pull and Elway or an Eli Manning and it will work cause he's the perfect QB prospect. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yeah but the greater point is that even if a team wait for the perfect QB prospect, that guy has leverage.

What if he hates NY? He can pull and Elway or an Eli Manning and it will work cause he's the perfect QB prospect. 

Or he could simply stay his senior year

14 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Pass. He looked the part with minimal national exposure and zero pressure. Next year he will have all of 2 years starting experience, nothing else. Fuuuuuck that.

I think Darnold will be a good pro but this idea that we can press a button and go 0-16 is laughable

19 minutes ago, thadude said:

It is relevant because the head coach and players will try to win every game next season

Of course they will.  When the Jets were 3-13 in 95 they all tried to win and managed to go 1-15 the following year.  

13 minutes ago, thadude said:

I think Darnold will be a good pro but this idea that we can press a button and go 0-16 is laughable

It's way more appalling that a one, eventually two year starter, with nothing else and zero pressure in that one season is worth tanking a season for. I don't care how pretty he looked that one time everyone saw him.

I'll leave in the catch that I may resent Darnold a little, though probably rightfully so. Here you have this QB prospect in DeShaun Watson who ******* does and accomplishes everything you can ask of a college QB and NFL draft prospect. Meanwhile some dipsh*t from that stoner program with one season and a Rose Bowl against Who ******* Remembers OR Cares under his belt gets anointed as the next great. It seems like an obvious case of shiny new toy syndrome.

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Eh....Yeah....I'll take the chances. and even if it came down to that. Then if you are an organization with conviction and identity....you gotta burn him. (We're not that, obviously, we'd fold like the pussy franchise we are, but if we were actually a respectable franchise...) Sure, it would be a major loss for the organization, but at least the tone would be set for any future douchebags trying to strongarm the process or the team. I sooo wish that would have happened to Eli. Nothing was better than that sad sack loser face of his holding the Chargers jersey. But the Giants get what the Giants want....frigging league and it's bullsh!t favoritism.

The league should have some sort of safeguard against that garbage. Either abide by the draft process or don't play here. NFL is just to chickensh*t to blacklist players.  Take the sport away from these babies and we wouldn't have so many PR issues trying to manage these entitled children.

14 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Eh....Yeah....I'll take the chances. and even if it came down to that. Then if you are an organization with conviction and identity....you gotta burn him. (We're not that, obviously, we'd fold like the pussy franchise we are, but if we were actually a respectable franchise...) Sure, it would be a major loss for the organization, but at least the tone would be set for any future douchebags trying to strongarm the process or the team. I sooo wish that would have happened to Eli. Nothing was better than that sad sack loser face of his holding the Chargers jersey. But the Giants get what the Giants want....frigging league and it's bullsh!t favoritism.

The league should have some sort of safeguard against that garbage. Either abide by the draft process or don't play here. NFL is just to chickensh*t to blacklist players.  Take the sport away from these babies and we wouldn't have so many PR issues trying to manage these entitled children.

There's absolutely nothing the league can do about that stuff.  Elway did the same thing.

Archived