Jordan Jenkins, what's his upside?

Maxman

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, T0mShane said:

Spence's athletic testing wasn't spectacular, but it was better than Jenkins. To whit, here are a few graphic illustrations of said testing.

first, this is what super-freak Von Miller's looks like:

IMG_0435.PNG

Cool Story Bro. have you got Vernon Gholston's there, so we can see how off the charts our All World DE/OLB was.. 

Jenkins was not supposed to be a pass rusher.   He was supposed to set the EDGE.  A third round version of Bryan Thomas.  He should be able to do that.

Its that ROLB that is the tricky part for the Jets.  That will be an assortment of players until someone shows up.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:11 PM, T0mShane said:

Meanwhile, this is the guy I wanted to draft:

Bucs think fitter, thinner Noah Spence can be a “15-plus sack guy”

Michael David Smith

The Buccaneers took defensive end Noah Spence in the second round of last year’s draft and got a solid year out of him, with 5.5 sacks and three forced fumbles. But this year they’re expecting a lot more than just “solid.”

transparent-320x50.gifSpence played through a shoulder injury last year, but he had surgery to repair the injury immediately after the season and now says he’s going to be in better shape in his second season. Spence weighed in at 251 pounds at last year’s Scouting Combine but says he has now lost about 10 pounds while actually gaining muscle.

Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times reports that teammate Robert Ayers is so impressed with what Spence is showing this offseason that he said Spence could be “a 15-plus sack guy” in 2017. Teammate Gerald McCoy added that Spence is ready for a “breakout year.”

No one has ever doubted Spence’s talent. He was viewed as a future first-round pick at the start of his college career at Ohio State, but he got kicked off the team for failed drug tests and finished his college career at Eastern Kentucky. The questions about Spence have always been off the field, but Spence now sounds like he’s doing everything right there, including giving up fast food and every liquid other than water.

“I feel so much better,” Spence said.

The Bucs have to feel very good about the possibilities for a healthy and in-shape Spence in 2017.

So you would have taken Spence at pick # 20??? That would have been a reach in practically every pre-draft evaluation. Spence went #38

Hindsight is such a nice convenience to have when criticising a year later.

Jenkins was a 3rd and in my estimation will be viewed as a great value pick 4 or 5 years from now.

The rumor was that the Jets had Jenkins graded in the 2nd round as well, and he and Hack were a toss up.

If they took Jenkins in the second, they would have definitely taken Hack in the third. but Hack may not have been there in the 3rd (?), so the Jets ended up with the 2 players they wanted in those rounds anyway.

I think history will show the 2016 draft as a bad one.  Let's see who ends up shining through as its best players per round.   No one picked shortly after Lee has shone YET.

4 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

So you would have taken Spence at pick # 20??? That would have been a reach in practically every pre-draft evaluation. Spence went #38

Hindsight is such a nice convenience to have when criticising a year later.

Jenkins was a 3rd and in my estimation will be viewed as a great value pick 4 or 5 years from now.

The Jets were not picking that kid because of his off the field issues no matter how good he looked or how high he was ranked . Maybe the next regime will draft some thugs so the "I told you so Crowd" can point fingers when they mess up, but this regime is not drafting those type of players . The closest this regime will get to that type of player is a talented prospect with a questionable work ethic who they will take a chance on in the late rounds .

The Jets will sign players like Pennell to contracts they can get out of easy if the player steps out of line, but that's about it . 

7 hours ago, varjet said:

The rumor was that the Jets had Jenkins graded in the 2nd round as well, and he and Hack were a toss up.

If they took Jenkins in the second, they would have definitely taken Hack in the third. but Hack may not have been there in the 3rd (?), so the Jets ended up with the 2 players they wanted in those rounds anyway.

I think history will show the 2016 draft as a bad one.  Let's see who ends up shining through as its best players per round.   No one picked shortly after Lee has shone YET.

I actually liked the Lee pick and still defend it mostly because of what you said.  None of the other players in that part of the draft were good except Hunter Henry.

On 5/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, T0mShane said:

Don't be salty. I wasn't rebutting you, just pointing out to that dude why Spence wasn't, on paper, a better prospect than Jenkins, 

Yeah but did you see the "hand size" stat?  LOL Von Miller.  Tiny hands Miller they used to call him.  I'll take Spence and Jenkins with their great big mitts any day.  The rest of that stuff is like...subjective.

28 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Yeah but did you see the "hand size" stat?  LOL Von Miller.  Tiny hands Miller they used to call him.  I'll take Spence and Jenkins with their great big mitts any day.  The rest of that stuff is like...subjective.

Don't sass me, Lance. We're on a roll.

I feel like he got better as the season progressed.... i def feel like he's going to increase his stat line this season... much more than 2.5 sacks... i say he at least doubles it... but possibly somewhere in the 7-8 range maybe? I take into consideration how he finished the season - 2.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble and a good chunk of his 41 tackles. I know i read somewhere that PFF graded him high as a rookie, i think 2nd best rookie pass rusher? (correct me if im wrong there, was something like that). 

The guy plays hard, has the strength and very high football IQ... i mean he has the tools to take a big leap in his 2nd year.  Hopefully I'm right. 

9 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I feel like he got better as the season progressed.... i def feel like he's going to increase his stat line this season... much more than 2.5 sacks... i say he at least doubles it... but possibly somewhere in the 7-8 range maybe? I take into consideration how he finished the season - 2.5 sacks and 1 forced fumble and a good chunk of his 41 tackles. I know i read somewhere that PFF graded him high as a rookie, i think 2nd best rookie pass rusher? (correct me if im wrong there, was something like that). 

The guy plays hard, has the strength and very high football IQ... i mean he has the tools to take a big leap in his 2nd year.  Hopefully I'm right. 

His 3C tho

His 3 cone That psycho Tom's whining about 

He finished the last 4 games with 2.5 sacks, 1 FF, and 17 of his 41 tackles, I don't wanna hear it... at very least he will be a solid 5-7 sack guy a year and someone who can play his role sufficiently, he has a good floor... his ceiling is higher tho, I don't think he's gunna be a superstar, but he will be a starter for a long while

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, thadude said:

Amazing how Quinton Coples, who had 6.5 sacks as a rookie, is a bust but this guy oh he's great

It's amazing how good the Jets are at screwing guys careers/making them worse players.  Coples has a good rookie year at DT/DE and they make him drop weight and move him to OLB.  They play Richardson, the DROY and Pro Bowler, out of position and in the process destroy any of his trade value.  They have Mauldin gain 15 pounds so that he could be more "stout" against the run.  They have Brandon Marshall, coming off of a 1500 yard/16 TD year drop 15 pounds so he could be "faster" when the guy's game isn't speed.  

What in the ****.

8 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

It's amazing how good the Jets are at screwing guys careers/making them worse players.  Coples has a good rookie year at DT/DE and they make him drop weight and move him to OLB.  They play Richardson, the DROY and Pro Bowler, out of position and in the process destroy any of his trade value.  They have Mauldin gain 15 pounds so that he could be more "stout" against the run.  They have Brandon Marshall, coming off of a 1500 yard/16 TD year drop 15 pounds so he could be "faster" when the guy's game isn't speed.  

What in the ****.

Coples was fine.  He didn't kiss Bowles' rear end enough

Archived