JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Because I 'think' I could see what she was doing as scum hunting, basically lacing out scum bait... but, by being scummy... so, I can see how she was pinging. 

That's why I want her to weigh in. Also, when I say unwilling, I'm only meaning right now on D1. 

She doesn't try for that level of deception on D1, though.  That is a 'later-in-the-game' move for her...

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

She doesn't try for that level of deception on D1, though.  That is a 'later-in-the-game' move for her...

Actually, I did, turd. Only person to follow me was Hess. I was trying to see if anyone was going to jump on Ape and nobody seems to want to touch him with a 10 ft pole. 

Ballin so far has been putting in effort, but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. 

unvote

I don't want to lynch JC, I still want to lynch 80, and I'm starting to lean towards wanting to lynch Nyn. I still don't see an issue with Nolder. Am I blind? Ballin, Ballin, Ballin....UGH. He was starting to go slight emo, then kicked it in gear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I don't want to lynch JC, I still want to lynch 80, and I'm starting to lean towards wanting to lynch Nyn. I still don't see an issue with Nolder. Am I blind? Ballin, Ballin, Ballin....UGH. He was starting to go slight emo, then kicked it in gear. 

Lynch away

6 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Good luck getting an answer. 

Seems she's pissed for getting a couple votes a little heat after getting back into the game? I would say some people post a lot less, like Smash and Jc but when they post it's usually game related and you can get a feel for them. My reason voting her just recently is same as w Verb. No read or feel makes it harder for town later. 

This is the w DPR's scummy logic. Trains, voting, etc helps town later. Sitting around doing nothing helps scum bc there's nothing for town to go off of later. 

Im just taking it as Nyn having a bad day which is totally acceptable. I've been debating back and forth on Dpr, being it a bad day or week/mood or scummy play which is what it is, what they'd both be doing as far as gameplay, Taking emotion out of it.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Fos 80 for sucking up to pirates ridiculous perspective 

4 hours ago, D P R said:

Ridiculous?

Yup

4 hours ago, D P R said:

Why?

Bc what happens almost every single game here is nothing until the deadline nears and it turns to sporadic sh*t how where people are shouting out reveals which has at times gotten PRs lynched due to timing. It lets the under radar scum coast and gives scum a better shot to play out a fake reveal when there's 3 mins to deadline. Do you even Mafia bro.

4 hours ago, D P R said:

That's not what 80 was asking.

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Yes. It was.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

General Mafia question:  Is it blanket scummy to call for consolidation leading up to a deadline?  Why does a statement like that trigger FOS so easily now?

Not just asking you, asking the game at large. 

4 hours ago, D P R said:

The general idea is that mafia would rush the vote because it was going in a direction they wanted it to and they push to keep the momentum in that direction. It's also sketchy to imply that anyone should be in a hurry when you still have a day. 

Consolidation happens regardless, so no real need to call for it. 

Okay, so, read these in order and I'll explain where I'm coming from.

Hess said "Bc what happens almost every single game here is nothing until the deadline nears and it turns to sporadic sh*t how where people are shouting out reveals which has at times gotten PRs lynched due to timing. It lets the under radar scum coast and gives scum a better shot to play out a fake reveal when there's 3 mins to deadline. Do you even Mafia bro."

But calling for consolidation has nothing to do with letting low-posting scum coast or promoting fake reveals. These are not mutually exclusive things.

Hess, if you notice a trend where scum coasts, then make a list of the coasters and call them out. Nobody is going to argue with that.

And scum always has the option to fake reveal - especially right before they get lynched. Thing is, pushing for reveals in general is bad for the town. It's a last ditch effort when you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

So, in that light, I answered 80's question correctly as he wanted to know why calling for consolidation was considered scummy. The thing he didn't say, but that I suspect (and he can confirm if he wants) is that he saw this in the MU game, and they play very differently than JN does. JN runs up trains and then judges based on the reveal. Others try to preserve roles. At the end of the day, you have to do what works for you, and that's fine. But when you question my response, it makes me wonder what you are up to because I figure you already knew this. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Seems she's pissed for getting a couple votes a little heat after getting back into the game? I would say some people post a lot less, like Smash and Jc but when they post it's usually game related and you can get a feel for them. My reason voting her just recently is same as w Verb. No read or feel makes it harder for town later. 

This is the w DPR's scummy logic. Trains, voting, etc helps town later. Sitting around doing nothing helps scum bc there's nothing for town to go off of later. 

Im just taking it as Nyn having a bad day which is totally acceptable. I've been debating back and forth on Dpr, being it a bad day or week/mood or scummy play which is what it is, what they'd both be doing as for as gameplay, scrictly speaking. Taking emotion out of it.

Yeah, makes it hard to read someone when this happens. Like I've been trying to give her slack since she said she'd be busy with a drill, but the lashing out/being pissy from a little pressure is eh. 

3 minutes ago, D P R said:

Okay, so, read these in order and I'll explain where I'm coming from.

Hess said "Bc what happens almost every single game here is nothing until the deadline nears and it turns to sporadic sh*t how where people are shouting out reveals which has at times gotten PRs lynched due to timing. It lets the under radar scum coast and gives scum a better shot to play out a fake reveal when there's 3 mins to deadline. Do you even Mafia bro."

But calling for consolidation has nothing to do with letting low-posting scum coast or promoting fake reveals. These are not mutually exclusive things.

Hess, if you notice a trend where scum coasts, then make a list of the coasters and call them out. Nobody is going to argue with that.

And scum always has the option to fake reveal - especially right before they get lynched. Thing is, pushing for reveals in general is bad for the town. It's a last ditch effort when you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

So, in that light, I answered 80's question correctly as he wanted to know why calling for consolidation was considered scummy. The thing he didn't say, but that I suspect (and he can confirm if he wants) is that he saw this in the MU game, and they play very differently than JN does. JN runs up trains and then judges based on the reveal. Others try to preserve roles. At the end of the day, you have to do what works for you, and that's fine. But when you question my response, it makes me wonder what you are up to because I figure you already knew this. 

Appreciate you making an effort. But if that's what they do in other forums they're  dumb and hope to be scum in one of their games one day. So let's do nothing all day and put all eggs in the cop basket? 

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Im just taking it as Nyn having a bad day which is totally acceptable. I've been debating back and forth on Dpr, being it a bad day or week/mood or scummy play which is what it is, what they'd both be doing as far as gameplay, Taking emotion out of it.

What are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Appreciate you making an effort. But if that's what they do in other forums they're  dumb and hope to be scum in one of their games one day. So let's do nothing all day and put all eggs in the cop basket? 

See above?

This makes no sense at all - I'm a high poster. Work has been a bitch lately, sure, but usually I don't shut up. I don't get your point here.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

@dpr 

i also wasn't saying, condense to run everyone up to reveal, that's putting words in my mouth. Adding pressure to different players helps town, not scum. The town needs intel for later as players get weeded out. 

I didn't put words in your mouth - I just described what usually happens. 

Adding pressure to the right players helps town, hence the point of the game. Pressure the wrong players for bad reasons and it helps scum. The town gets intel every day and night, but it's what you spot in between that wins games, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

What are you talking about?

See above?

This makes no sense at all - I'm a high poster. Work has been a bitch lately, sure, but usually I don't shut up. I don't get your point here.

My argument is towards the logic not you as a poster. You finding me wanting to condense some votes to pressure some players being scummy is scummy dude.