JN Mafia: Revenge of the Nerds

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He never claimed he isn't reading.  I distinctly remember him posting "OK, caught up." 

Very willing to move to Nyn or DPR.  But there's only 1 vote on DPR and none on Nyn, so I don't see that helping things either. 

Basically the only way you believe I can "contribute" at the moment is moving to Nolder?

If you make case on Nyn we may get some action as you both argue the merits of your case, if you vote DPR we get a whole new chance to debate whether its OK not to reveal, either of these options seems preferable to waiting until the final hour before deadline...but hey if you fell that strongly at least make the argument that Verbal needs to swing, cause right now the passivity of the town will only lead to a sh*t show closer to deadline and where is the townyness in that?

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

If you make case on Nyn we may get some action as you both argue the merits of your case, if you vote DPR we get a whole new chance to debate whether its OK not to reveal, either of these options seems preferable to waiting until the final hour before deadline...but hey if you fell that strongly at least make the argument that Verbal needs to swing, cause right now the passivity of the town will only lead to a sh*t show closer to deadline and where is the townyness in that?

I just don't have a ton of conviction behind ANY of my scum reads right now, mainly because my top 2 right now are players who were mostly inactive, and as for DPR, the way he handled being at L-2 actually made me LESS willing to lynch him.

Nyn being inactive, then getting mad at others for a few FOS's, then playing like she doesn't care what happens aren't helpful behaviors for town but I also find it hard to believe she'd let scum teammates down like that either.  Difficult situation there.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:36 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Looks like I'm L-3?  I'll go ahead and reveal. 

My role is some form of watcher.  The role allows me to watch girls and see who visits them.  I don't know if this means I can only view female players; was waiting until night to clarify on this.

sh*ttty reveal, why wouldn't you clarify right away?

On 6/27/2017 at 10:41 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Sure it does.  Because this was the vote count BEFORE JiF announced he'd be dropping the deadline, when we were mere minutes from the deadline:

5 different trains, with the top one being at L-3. 

Just call me Nostradamus for seeing this ahead of time, and I'll accept you apology.

why are you defending your decision to reveal before anyone questioned it

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I suppose Ballin would be my 4th option.  I think he was overly defensive when I FOS'd him.  Maybe frustration for getting "caught" for what he basically thought were bullsh*t reasons?  He also parroted a lot of other opinions that were out there. 

Yeah, he's quietly left the town square.  

On 6/27/2017 at 11:29 AM, BallinPB said:

Could the girls be a 3rd party?  

ping

watching girls fits the source material, i'm more concerned about him waiting till night to clarify. Seems stupid. That being said, trying to parlay this into a 3rd party fear mongering seems scummy

On 6/27/2017 at 1:23 PM, Integrity28 said:

All this talking about what "girls" means, is 1.) perfect in terms of a game about Nerds being played by Nerds, and 2.) violating the cardinal rule about setup theories as distraction.

@Jetsfan80 produce some sort of follow-up, or we're lynching you on principle. The fact that you didn't seek clarification about that aspect of your supposed role BEFORE revealing it, or immediately when the game started, is stupid.

^ this -  the lynch on principle

22 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

You've played here a decade and yet to learn how to ignore the cheap shots?  Many players did not blast you or Hess for calling for consolidation.  Stop playing defense.  Start hunting scum.  

Apparently nobody has. 

While I, on the other hand, live for them. I encourage them, and try always to volley back - sometimes I don't have good responses, but it's bad form (IMO) to not at least lob one in for a friend to see what they can do with it. Everyone used to "get" this. 

Not so much now, it's like @CTM and I are the holders of the sacred pact of mockery standards.

On 6/27/2017 at 2:37 PM, Jetscode1 said:

aight...this VC is close...do we lynch 80 for the cryptic reveal or punish DPR for not revealing before 80?  Move to Nolder as a split the difference kinda of play?  

How about a simple lynch Verbal?  I'm open to suggestions.  

pingy post, but i've lost track of where this is in relation to a deadline.. less suspect if a couple of hours till deadline but still, just seems passive as if lets lynch somebody and i'll take no responsibility for the outcome

On 6/27/2017 at 3:14 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF just confirmed to me that I'm a traditional watcher.

Now I get to listen to you guys talk about how that can be a scum role too and find out tonight I got lynched. 

why playing defense again before anyone says anything. shady

On 6/27/2017 at 6:29 PM, Nolder said:

I've been back to read that post 3 times and I still can't see it any other way.

I'll make you a deal though. Maybe I've got you totally wrong.

I don't think so but I'll give it another day.

Vote 80 with me and we'll see where we are tomorrow.

what post is this, can you bump?

On 6/27/2017 at 6:54 PM, BallinPB said:

Overall I'm not expert but I will have to say 80's play D1 has been horrible.  From his claim that I fell for Nolders reaction test which was wrong but in the end he did reneg on it to the horrible reveal, I'm ok with lynching him today.

vote 80

didn't you just say not to vote 80?

ping

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

what post is this, can you bumb?

On 6/22/2017 at 11:29 AM, D P R said:

Vote Nolder

Rolefisher.

Sooner rather than later. 

Hope you like empty bottles. 

Throw in a lifted eyebrow and that's an exact quote of what I said earlier this morning.

up to page 28, thoughts so far scummy ballin, jetscode townish leelou, ape re: 80.. Terrible reveal in numerous ways, hate the way he preemptively defended himself 2x. I don't see the need to lynch him today though. re: DPR.. Need someone to summarize the case on him, the only thing that stuck out to me for him was taking up Nolder's offer,which I thought was a trap but Nolder followed suit

1 minute ago, CTM said:

up to page 28, thoughts so far scummy ballin, jetscode townish leelou, ape re: 80.. Terrible reveal in numerous ways, hate the way he preemptively defended himself 2x. I don't see the need to lynch him today though. re: DPR.. Need someone to summarize the case on him, the only thing that stuck out to me for him was taking up Nolder's offer,which I thought was a trap but Nolder followed suit

Unhelpful general play as he won't answer a question directly, use of fuzzy logic, at times just muddying the water. Overly emo at times even when uncalled for, plopping of vote.

Just now, CTM said:

I can summarize why I initially voted DPR: his Nolder vote was supported by a narrative, and included an illogical "one of Nolder or 80 is scum" promise. So, removing that it was DPR and looking solely for scum tells: narrative, selling false logic - 2 scum tells, imo. That's why I voted him.

After I voted him, he got nasty as though he was pissed I blind squirreled him. I revisited the pedo-pirate joke, and it got personal for a while.

He's not scum hunting. He's just mess-making.

My Buddy's 80 year old Dad passed away last night from the head trauma after getting ran over by a fuckhead texting in DC. Just wanted you guys to know. Was a great old dude. Held on for 17 hours after the accident but after draining the skull 3 times nothing more could be done, the intercranial pressure was too much. Sickens me. The rub is the old man and my friend both served as officers in DC. The Dad did 40 years as a D.C. City cop. My buddy Chris been with Homeland Security for 20 years. Fucking Irony. Dude was ran down in the same streets he protected for 40 years. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

My Buddy's 80 year old Dad passed away last night from the head trauma after getting ran over by a ****head texting in DC. Just wanted you guys to know. Was a great old dude. Held on for 17 hours after the accident but after draining the skull 3 times nothing more could be done, the intercranial pressure was too much. Sickens me. The rub is the old man and my friend both served as officers in DC. The Dad did 40 years as a D.C. City cop. My buddy Chris been with Homeland Security for 20 years. ******* Irony. Dude was ran down in the same streets he protected for 40 years. 

A prayer in his name. Sorry dude, that straight sucks. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

My Buddy's 80 year old Dad passed away last night from the head trauma after getting ran over by a ****head texting in DC. Just wanted you guys to know. Was a great old dude. Held on for 17 hours after the accident but after draining the skull 3 times nothing more could be done, the intercranial pressure was too much. Sickens me. The rub is the old man and my friend both served as officers in DC. The Dad did 40 years as a D.C. City cop. My buddy Chris been with Homeland Security for 20 years. ******* Irony. Dude was ran down in the same streets he protected for 40 years. 

Sorry to hear. A terrible reminder of the dangers of texting while driving

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can summarize why I initially voted DPR: his Nolder vote was supported by a narrative, and included an illogical "one of Nolder or 80 is scum" promise. So, removing that it was DPR and looking solely for scum tells: narrative, selling false logic - 2 scum tells, imo. That's why I voted him.

After I voted him, he got nasty as though he was pissed I blind squirreled him. I revisited the pedo-pirate joke, and it got personal for a while.

He's not scum hunting. He's just mess-making.

I haven't seen much of the emo yet, although while looking for 80's reveal i saw some walls of texts

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So sorry to hear.  What a horrible way to go.  Thoughts and prayers, my man.  Keep your head up! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CTM said:

I haven't seen much of the emo yet, although while looking for 80's reveal i saw some walls of texts

When he was at L2 I asked if he was gonna reveal, he gave a snippy response about reading the thread. I said then I'd gladly lynch him and gave another snippy response about calming down or something