Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SMC

Your 2017-2018 New York Knicks Thread--The Unicorn & the French Prince!!!!!

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, SMC said:

It comes off funny, but it's so true. Erdrogan literally had Kanter's passport revoked so he could be detained in Germany and sent back to Turkey for trial and Kanter doesn't give a ****.  He's not going to be afraid of LeBron.

They imprisoned his dad, but yeah he’s definitely gonna be tentative about sticking up for a French kid on a basketball court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I met with a bunch of those Gulen movement folks in Italy.  They were considered an easy to deal with Islamic group.  They claimed to be very non-violent and their ideals were super moderate.  I was initially surprised when Erdogan tried to pin the whole coup on the guy, but man does Erdogan hate Gulen.  There is a pretty big purge against his supporters.The dude has actually lived in the Poconos since the 90's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I met with a bunch of those Gulen movement folks in Italy.  They were considered an easy to deal with Islamic group.  They claimed to be very non-violent and their ideals were super moderate.  I was initially surprised when Erdogan tried to pin the whole coup on the guy, but man does Erdogan hate Gulen.  There is a pretty big purge against his supporters.The dude has actually lived in the Poconos since the 90's. 

Erdogan hates anyone that doesn’t kiss his balls. At least Mugabe looks like he’s finally getting some justice today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- That was scary down the stretch, I don't know what KP and Hardaway were thinking. They could have had that W locked up a minute earlier.

- KP is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring. But yeah, we don't know if he's impacting wins tho.

- I am officially sold on Frank. Plenty to work on with him but holy crap is he light years beyond his age. The fact that he's 3rd in the league in steals with the minutes he is getting is nuts.

- 8-6 and in 5th place. Show me the guy who called that one. Wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

- That was scary down the stretch, I don't know what KP and Hardaway were thinking. They could have had that W locked up a minute earlier.

- KP is leading the league in 4th quarter scoring. But yeah, we don't know if he's impacting wins tho.

- I am officially sold on Frank. Plenty to work on with him but holy crap is he light years beyond his age. The fact that he's 3rd in the league in steals with the minutes he is getting is nuts.

- 8-6 and in 5th place. Show me the guy who called that one. Wow.

Phil vindication.  The Zen is working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone interested in Caponomics and how Knicks can get rid of Noah, below is an interesting article on the Lakers facing the same dilemma with Deng

The short answer is that the Knicks would sign Noah to an extension with only partial guarantees ("no guarantees" would be nixed by the NBA as a circumvention of the CBA) and then use the stretch provision.  Noah's dead-money will stay on the books for an additional 6 years, but only in the $3-4 mil range per year.  After this year Noah will have 2 yrs, about $38 mil left.  Knicks would sign him this offseason to a 3 year extension with only about $3 mil guaranteed and then the whole 5 year contract ($41 mil) gets stretched out for 11 years ($3.7 mil per year).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a great video on the non-box score impact McBuckets had last night.  He was directing the defense, diving for loose balls, playing great pick-and-role D:

The Melo trade may go down as one of the best in the last 30 yrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMC said:

For anyone interested in Caponomics and how Knicks can get rid of Noah, below is an interesting article on the Lakers facing the same dilemma with Deng

The short answer is that the Knicks would sign Noah to an extension with only partial guarantees ("no guarantees" would be nixed by the NBA as a circumvention of the CBA) and then use the stretch provision.  Noah's dead-money will stay on the books for an additional 6 years, but only in the $3-4 mil range per year.  After this year Noah will have 2 yrs, about $38 mil left.  Knicks would sign him this offseason to a 3 year extension with only about $3 mil guaranteed and then the whole 5 year contract ($41 mil) gets stretched out for 11 years ($3.7 mil per year).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

I realize this sounds practical but as a Mets fan that has to deal with a sh*tstorm of Bobby Bonilla texts every single July you may want to reconsider this, for your own sanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMC said:

For anyone interested in Caponomics and how Knicks can get rid of Noah, below is an interesting article on the Lakers facing the same dilemma with Deng

The short answer is that the Knicks would sign Noah to an extension with only partial guarantees ("no guarantees" would be nixed by the NBA as a circumvention of the CBA) and then use the stretch provision.  Noah's dead-money will stay on the books for an additional 6 years, but only in the $3-4 mil range per year.  After this year Noah will have 2 yrs, about $38 mil left.  Knicks would sign him this offseason to a 3 year extension with only about $3 mil guaranteed and then the whole 5 year contract ($41 mil) gets stretched out for 11 years ($3.7 mil per year).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

No brainer option if true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize this sounds practical but as a Mets fan that has to deal with a sh*tstorm of Bobby Bonilla texts every single July you may want to reconsider this, for your own sanity.

LOL.  When I was writing that post I originally called it "a mini-Bobby Bonilla situation" but deleted it out of respect for you.

At least it would only be for 11 years and not for 20 plus.  Also, Dolan would have the option of just paying the money upfront and then there'd only be the imaginary cap hit each year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Barton said:

Phil Jackson picked some pretty good players huh. Too bad Dolan the idiot ran him out of town. 

If the site still had a facepalm emoji, this would be a perfect response.

Dolan is an idiot, but Phil gave him a 1000 reasons to fire him and him getting the axe was well deserved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading articles on Ntilikina-Clyde connection, and I had forgotten how good the Clyde-Willis Reed teams were.

I was too you young for that period, but that run was amazing given how great some of the other teams were such as the Kareem Bucks, the Celtics and Lakers.  The Clyde-Reed Knicks went to SIX straight Eastern Conference Finals, went to 3 NBA Finals and as we all know, won 2 titles.  Incredible run.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I too am missing the days of Phil. Those years of him ordering everyone to run the triangle and bitching cryptically through the media about all his players, man...memories.

That’s ok all Phil did was build the young team everyone is excited about now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

That’s ok all Phil did was build the young team everyone is excited about now

The irony is that every good thing Phil did, he then tried to **** it up.  Being a good-hearted criminal doesn't keep you out of jail.

Yes, Phil made good decisions in drafting KP, Willy and Frank.  But he also drafted Early and Giannis' sucky older brother, and drafted Grant, whom he traded a year later for Zombie Derek Rose.  He then tried to trade KP.

Phil also gave Melo a NTC, which completely tied his hands to make a trade beneficial to the Knicks.  Fortunately, Perry was able to get a good haul.

He also signed the corpse of Joakim Noah to $72 million.

He also alienated agents, opposing executives and even opposing players although he's in the relationship-making business.

The bottom line is that Phil made what turned out to be great draft picks which he wholly undermined by being a stubborn old dick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm intrigued by these next 3 games. Toronto is legit as hell and definitely a better team than the Knicks, but I think we are a terrible matchup for them because of our bigs, and styles make fights. Frank against that backcourt is going to be a a good early test.

The East is turning out to be a nice little competition this year with some of these younger guys stepping into the spotlight. Fun to see the Knicks in the mix with it, at least for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy stat for On-this-day-in-Knicks-History, on November 17, 2000, the Knicks beat the Suns 90-85 in Phoenix.

Jason Kidd had a quadruple double, with one of the categories being turnovers:  18 PT, 12 RB, 10 AST, 14 TO.

Knicks' starting 5 were LJ, Camby, Houston, Spree & Ward and the Suns' starting 5 were Kidd, Marion, Cliff Robinson, Mario Elie & Corie Blount.  Both teams ended up making the postseason that year

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200011170PHO.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm intrigued by these next 3 games. Toronto is legit as hell and definitely a better team than the Knicks, but I think we are a terrible matchup for them because of our bigs, and styles make fights. Frank against that backcourt is going to be a a good early test.

The East is turning out to be a nice little competition this year with some of these younger guys stepping into the spotlight. Fun to see the Knicks in the mix with it, at least for now.

I agree.  Watch Knicks get blown out, but at least on paper, the Knicks are a bad matchup for Raptors because Raptors don't shoot a lot of 3s and 3 pt D is the Knicks Achilles' heel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awful blow for the Nets.  Russell had his knee scoped and is out indefinitely.

Also, it absolutely un-shocking news, Derrick Rose is out for 2 weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



×