jets viewership down the most

batman10023

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We cant you keep telling us the stadium is SOLD OUT. 

The stadium is sold out but 8,000 seats change hands every game due to season ticket holders having other obligations.

Those 8,000 seats are on Stubhub, usually at prices well below face value.

So there is no excuse.

SAR I

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The stadium is sold out but 8,000 seats change hands every game due to season ticket holders having other obligations.

So there is no excuse.

SAR I

Ive been to 2 of 3 home games this season and the cost was $0 I like that better for now. 

Enjoy SAR I, you're happy I'm happy. :D

joewilly12 

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ive been to 2 of 3 home games this season and the cost was $0 I like that better for now. 

Enjoy SAR I, you're happy I'm happy. :D

joewilly12 

Living proof of how cheap Jets fans are. 

Spends no money, feels he's owed respect.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So there is no excuse.

SAR I

Technically the stadium isn't sold out. You can call the Jets and buy season tickets. So that means they aren't sold out.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Technically the stadium isn't sold out. You can call the Jets and buy season tickets. So that means they aren't sold out.

PSL's are sold out.  All PSL's were sold by 2010.  If some have defaulted on their 30 year license agreements and the Jets decide to sell those seats on a year-to-year basis, that's just smart business.  They got all their PSL money on every seat.

Club seats are sold out.  Same thing, all Clubs have PSL's and all PSL's were sold by 2010 so if corporations have decided to opt out of their annual season ticket obligations and default, the Jets have 30 years worth of PSL money to tide things over.  Again, they can sell those seats on a year-to-year basis if they wish, that's just the smart thing to do.

Upper Deck seats are not sold out.  This is the crux of the issue.  Woody Johnson did 27,500 Jets fans a solid by putting no PSL on upper deck seats and the fans repaid him by bailing completely once the playoff runs stopped in 2011.  So, yes, you can call the Jets and get season tickets in the upper deck, but that's not on the Jets-  that's on the so-called 'loyal' Jets fans who jumped off the bandwagon once the Jets slid back into mediocrity.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

PSL's are sold out.  If some have defaulted on their 30 year license agreements and the Jets decide to sell those seats on a year-to-year basis, that's just smart business.

Club seats are sold out.  Same thing, all Clubs have PSL's and all PSL's were sold by 2010 so if corporations have decided to opt out of their annual season ticket obligations and default, the Jets have 30 years worth of PSL money to tide things over.  Again, they can sell those seats on a year-to-year basis if they wish, that's just the smart thing to do.

Upper Deck seats are not sold out.  This is the crux of the issue.  Woody Johnson did 27,500 Jets fans a solid by putting no PSL on upper deck seats and the fans repaid him by bailing completely once the playoff runs stopped in 2011.  So, yes, you can call the Jets and get season tickets in the upper deck, but that's not on the Jets-  that's on the so-called 'loyal' Jets fans who jumped off the bandwagon once the Jets slid back into mediocrity.

SAR I

PSLs are not sold out. You can buy one tomorrow.

Regardless, you said it. Upper deck seats aren't sold out. Which proves my first point, the Jets aren't sold out.

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Living proof of how cheap Jets fans are. 

Spends no money, feels he's owed respect.

SAR I

Far from cheap, just have all the right friends who happen to be season ticket holders or work for corporations that have them. 

Cheap is selling out to opposing teams fans just for a buck, not caring about the fans who sit around you at the game. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

NO they aren't I talked to a ticket sales agent at the 2 games I was at there are plenty available. 

The Jets are selling single game or multiple packages in the PSL zones all over the stadium. 

This is true. I bought PSL seats without a PSL this year. So I know they aren't sold out.

Way to thank the PSL holders. Oh yeah we will sell the same thing you bought with a PSL with no PSL. You are welcome lol.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is true. I bought PSL seats without a PSL this year. So I know they aren't sold out.

Way to thank the PSL holders. Oh yeah we will sell the same thing you bought with a PSL with no PSL. You are welcome lol.

I agree and I mentioned this to the ticket sales rep and he just shrugged his shoulders and said we have to do what we have to do. 

In my opinion they should refund everyones PSL fee and just charge for the season tickets, the place will be really sold out again with diehard Jets fans. 

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I agree and I mentioned this to the ticket sales rep and he just shrugged his shoulders and said we have to do what we have to do. 

In my opinion they should refund everyones PSL fee and just charge for the season tickets, the place will be really sold out again with diehard Jets fans. 

It will never happen. But they did screw things up with the PSLs. Financially though they got what they wanted at the beginning. Although with so many people walking away from PSLs I wonder what the actual numbers look like for them. i.e. how much did they actually collect?

The PSL market is dead.

The problem is they will never refund the PSLs, no chance. Ideally they would just cancel remaining payments and start trying to sell tickets again but there is no chance of that either. They won't refund those that paid in full.

Just now, Maxman said:

It will never happen. But they did screw things up with the PSLs. Financially though they got what they wanted at the beginning. Although with so many people walking away from PSLs I wonder what the actual numbers look like for them. i.e. how much did they actually collect?

The PSL market is dead.

Agree or they could keep the money and apply to season ticket packages for those that paid already in full. 

SOLD OUT Max SAR I says so :D

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Repay friends?  In my circle of friends and neighbors  we do each other favors help each other out on big home improvement projects or splitting firewood working on cars etc. 

i am in manhattan don't think I have ever done those three things :-)

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

PSLs are not sold out. You can buy one tomorrow.

Regardless, you said it. Upper deck seats aren't sold out. Which proves my first point, the Jets aren't sold out.

All PSL's in MetLife Stadium were sold out by 2010, per the Jets.

Therefore the ones that are available now were all abandoned by their original owners who paid the full PSL but ceased to purchase season tickets.

So the Jets collected every dime they anticipated from the initial PSL offering.  It achieved its goal.  It helped finance the stadium.

So, it's two things going on here:

1.  PSL's:  Jets are fine, and as a bonus they now get to re-sell the defaulted PSL's, so it's win-win, they can double-dip the same seats by selling their licenses a second time.

2.  Season Tickets:  The handful of PSL defaults are certainly not good but are manageable and will rebound when the team is good again.  As for the upper deck, the lack of fan loyalty must certainly have been taken into account at the time the decision was made to go PSL-free, so I don't think the Jets are getting hurt their either.  If the empty seats cause embarrassment, that's on the fans who bailed on the upper deck, not on the Jets.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

All PSL's in MetLife Stadium were sold out by 2010, per the Jets.

Therefore the ones that are available now were all abandoned by their original owners who paid the full PSL but ceased to purchase season tickets.

So the Jets collected every dime they anticipated from the initial PSL offering.  It achieved its goal.  It helped finance the stadium.

So, it's two things going on here:

1.  PSL's:  Jets are fine, and as a bonus they now get to re-sell the defaulted PSL's, so it's win-win, they can double-dip the same seats by selling their licenses a second time.

2.  Season Tickets:  The handful of PSL defaults are certainly not good but are manageable and will rebound when the team is good again.  As for the upper deck, the lack of fan loyalty must certainly have been taken into account at the time the decision was made to go PSL-free, so I don't think the Jets are getting hurt their either.  If the empty seats cause embarrassment, that's on the fans who bailed on the upper deck, not on the Jets.

SAR I

SAR - I am sorry, but you are wrong. I really don't care about this topic but what you wrote isn't right.

The Jets did not collect every dime. People went on payment plans and defaulted. There is no secondary PSL market, so the Jets now sell PSL free tickets.

They lost money from what they anticipated on this process.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

NO they aren't I talked to a ticket sales agent at the 2 games I was at there are plenty available. 

The Jets are selling single game tickets or multiple game ticket packages in the PSL zones all over the stadium. 

By 2010 the Jets had sold every PSL in the stadium.  That's per the Jets.  That's also per the fans in all the LL and Mezzanine levels in the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons.

Sure, PSL's are available now, but that does not negatively impact the Jets as they collected their PSL money on those seats years ago.  They are merely re-selling them now, they're going to get paid 2x for those same seats when the re-sell the licenses.

The theory goes that the PSL's were bad for the fans and didn't work.  The exact opposite is the case.  And as for gameday tickets, PSL or upper deck, they are plentiful and cheap and therefore there is no financial excuse for non-season-ticket holders to use anymore.  At $39 a seat, anyone can go to a Jets game if they want to.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

By 2010 the Jets had sold every PSL in the stadium.  That's per the Jets.  That's also per the fans in all the LL and Mezzanine levels in the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons.

Sure, PSL's are available now, but that does not negatively impact the Jets as they collected their PSL money on those seats years ago.  They are merely re-selling them now, they're going to get paid 2x for those same seats when the re-sell the licenses.

The theory goes that the PSL's were bad for the fans and didn't work.  The exact opposite is the case.  And as for gameday tickets, PSL or upper deck, they are plentiful and cheap and therefore there is no financial excuse for non-season-ticket holders to use anymore.  At $39 a seat, anyone can go to a Jets game if they want to.

SAR I

I owe more than half of my PSLs. This is wrong.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

There is so much wrong in this statement I don't know where to begin.

First, no PSL owners are unhappy.  We spent the money 9 years ago and it wasn't a lot.  Do you remember what you spent your money on 9 years ago?  I don't.  And most PSL's amounted to $7 to $13 per game, chump change.  Furthermore, the PSL process ousted awful fans from the best seats in the house who were selling games to scalpers at 3x face value and putting their kids through college on the profits.  The PSL enema of the Giants Stadium scalper sewer was a God-send for those of us suffering on the waitlist.

Second, "just charging for the season tickets" is exactly what's going on in the upper deck and the place is half empty, the lack of a PSL didn't help Joe Lunchpail's degree of loyalty.  They use it as a loophole to bandwagon.  "Refund PSL's, just charge for the season tickets, the place will be really sold out again...." what a bunch of crap.

Lastly, please stop worrying about how rich people spend their fun money.  We don't want PSL refunds and we don't care if we lose a few dollars in bad seasons.   We knew what we signed up for.  We're the 16,000 most loyal fans the Jets have.  We're not bailing because the team is rebuilding.  We leave that for the upper deck quitters and the Giants Stadium profiteers.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I owe more than half of my PSLs. This is wrong.

Not that many fans chose the 15 year payment plan, and the Jets could legally recoup their money if it was really hurting them financially.  How much were your PSL's in total?

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not that many fans chose the 15 year payment plan, and the Jets could legally recoup their money if it was really hurting them financially.  How much were your PSL's in total?

SAR I

What I paid doesn't matter. I was only answering your post because it wasn't true.

Also not true, "Not that many fans chose the 15 year payment plan" ... there are a ton of people on payment plans. And the Jets aren't pursuing people who walk away. That statement is based on the many accounts of people saying they just walked away.

They budgeted a number that they would bring in. They are falling short of that number.

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is so much wrong in this statement I don't know where to begin.

First, no PSL owners are unhappy.  We spent the money 9 years ago and it wasn't a lot.  Do you remember what you spent your money on 9 years ago?  I don't.  And most PSL's amounted to $7 to $13 per game, chump change.  Furthermore, the PSL process ousted awful fans from the best seats in the house who were selling games to scalpers at 3x face value and putting their kids through college on the profits.  The PSL enema of the Giants Stadium scalper sewer was a God-send for those of us suffering on the waitlist.

Second, "just charging for the season tickets" is exactly what's going on in the upper deck and the place is half empty, the lack of a PSL didn't help Joe Lunchpail's degree of loyalty.  They use it as a loophole to bandwagon.  "Refund PSL's, just charge for the season tickets, the place will be really sold out again...." what a bunch of crap.

Lastly, please stop worrying about how rich people spend their fun money.  We don't want PSL refunds and we don't care if we lose a few dollars in bad seasons.   We knew what we signed up for.  We're the 16,000 most loyal fans the Jets have.  We're not bailing because the team is rebuilding.  We leave that for the upper deck quitters and the Giants Stadium profiteers.

SAR I

This part is comedy gold. 

You are a super fan. Well, if super fans could be super fans after not going to the games and wanting their team to lose lol.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

The problem is they will never refund the PSLs, no chance. Ideally they would just cancel remaining payments and start trying to sell tickets again but there is no chance of that either. They won't refund those that paid in full.

Counting on that Minkah Fitzpatrick surge pricing.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

This part is comedy gold. 

You are a super fan. Well, if super fans could be super fans after not going to the games and wanting their team to lose lol.

There is a difference between bailing on 4 games this season and bailing on a 30 year commitment.

I have patience for the Jets to rebuild and am committed to fork over my $5,750 each year for the full 30 year term of my license agreement.  That's $200,000 in today's money.  Only 16,000 fans actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets.  Let's say that 14,000 of us will honor our PSL commitments.  14,000 out of millions of Jets fans paying nothing, watching games on TV for free.  That's Super Fan material. 

But in a year when I don't like the quarterback decision, unlikable players are still infecting our defense, and there is no chance of a successful season I will do something I've rarely done on football Sunday's the past 20 years-  prioritize my family over the Jets.  Pumpkin picking with my 5 year old from 9-12 and watching my daughter play soccer from 5-7 was a bigger priority than watching Bill Belichick wipe the floor with Todd Bowles.  The Jets had my money for Sunday.  That's what the 14,000 PSL loyalists contribute to the team.  What we do with our time is a personal decision.  I'd say that fans who go to every game this year at the expense of their family time might not be showing proper priority.  It's a bit selfish.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Gen X Jet said:

Could be because they don’t even play games in their natural market (Long Island/Queens) and they haven’t been to the playoffs in 7 years. 

The Jets fanbase is in New Jersey.  Shea Stadium season ticket holders who were age 50 in 1982 are now 85 years old and don't go to games.  They don't go anywhere, actually.

SAR I

On 10/20/2017 at 7:16 PM, SAR I said:

Sorry, I'm not in it for the "individual win".  I don't care if the Jets beat the Dolphins on Sunday because they're not going to get 9 wins.  0-16 or 3-13 or 7-9, same thing.

You root for a playoff run.  Not an individual win.  This is not a playoff team, so it's all irrelevant, hence the falloff in viewership.

SAR I

So if your wife were to dress real hot, smile at you, saw hey big boy take me to bed you would say, no thanks dear since we aent looking to have a baby?  ... Im off to read Jetsnation

Archived