jets viewership down the most

batman10023

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

How is 175k over 30 years 200k now? Did you make your money in subprime?

PSL costs were $16,000, not in the number, I rounded up for the sake of simplicity.

If you wish to take inflation and cost of food/tolls/fuel into account, the number will likely be $300,000 by the time 2040 rolls around and my PSL's have reached their expiration.  That's a lot of money.  That's why the 16,000 of us who actually wrote PSL checks to the Jets are the most loyal and diehard fans on the planet.  The rest of you can take your opinions of our behavior along with your pretzels and your mom's basement and shove it.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, Dupe said:

So if your wife were to dress real hot, smile at you, saw hey big boy take me to bed you would say, no thanks dear since we aent looking to have a baby?  ... Im off to read Jetsnation

That's an interesting analogy.

Thing is, the proper analogy is my wife doing the whole 'dress hot big boy' routine, coaxing me to the boudoir, getting me halfway there, and then blasting a quart of diarrhea all over the bed.  Knowing that would be the outcome, yes, I'd rather be posting nonsense with pretzel-eating basement facepainters on JN or getting a tetanus shot as it would be a better use of my time.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

PSLSOURCE.COM says different there are a ton NY Jets PSL's 4 SALE and what about those who defaulted that the jets now have possession of. 

Right on cue, j-dub.  I love it when you play PSLSOURCE with me because it's so easy to copy/paste that table of Jets PSL's for sale into Excel and tell you the following:

There are 583 PSL owners who have listed their seats.  There are 1,507 PSL seats listed.

There are 82,500 seats in MetLife Stadium of which 27,500 are upper deck seats (no-PSL) leaving 55,000 PSL seats.  The average PSL owner has 3 seats.  That's 18,000 people who wrote checks to the Jets in 2009.

583 owners on PSLSOURCE represents 3.2% of all PSL owners.

1,507 PSL seats on PSLSOURCE represents 2.7% of all PSL seats.

STOP THE PRESSES!  PSL's are an outrage!  The sky is falling!  2.7% of the PSL seats in MetLife Stadium are for sale by individuals or the Jets themselves!  And in a year when we are expected to suck ass for half a decade!  Oh, God...no!

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's an interesting analogy.

Thing is, the proper analogy is my wife doing the whole 'dress hot big boy' routine, coaxing me to the boudoir, getting me halfway there, and then blasting a quart of diarrhea all over the bed.  Knowing that would be the outcome, yes, I'd rather be posting nonsense with pretzel-eating basement facepainters on JN or getting a tetanus shot as it would be a better use of my time.

SAR I

Ewww...Urgent care centers are ubiquitous now. Be a good husband and take her...........during half time.

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The rest of you can take your opinions of our behavior along with your pretzels and your mom's basement and shove it.

LOL he did it, the basement and pretzel comment........he's getting pissed 

Come on man

Image result for WALLS CLOSING IN GIFS

Image result for PRETZEL MAN PICS

*disclaimer random dude off the internet not SAR I as far I know 

On 10/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, Jet Fan RI said:

Nice. And provided you watched the game within a week of recording it, your watching counted in the game's TV ratings, so would not be part of any loss of ratings being discussed in this thread. I recorded a game once. But I found myself not only fast forwarding through commercials, but also through dead time between snaps. Did not really like the experience, so I always watch live now. I still avoid the commercials b/c I have Sunday Ticket, so I always switch to the Game Mix channel during commercials. Then switch back as the commercial for the Jet game ends.

yep I do somiliar things to what you.

I also sometimes start watching a bout 30 minutes latte and ff through commercials until I catch up

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The rest of you can take your opinions of our behavior along with your pretzels and your mom's basement and shove it.

SAR I

I don't recall expressing an interest in, let alone an opinion on, your behavior. Or in PSLs especially. I just thought it was strange that you of all people would seem to be confused as to how time value of money works. That's all.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Right on cue, j-dub.  I love it when you play PSLSOURCE with me because it's so easy to copy/paste that table of Jets PSL's for sale into Excel and tell you the following:

There are 583 PSL owners who have listed their seats.  There are 1,507 PSL seats listed.

There are 82,500 seats in MetLife Stadium of which 27,500 are upper deck seats (no-PSL) leaving 55,000 PSL seats.  The average PSL owner has 3 seats.  That's 18,000 people who wrote checks to the Jets in 2009.

583 owners on PSLSOURCE represents 3.2% of all PSL owners.

1,507 PSL seats on PSLSOURCE represents 2.7% of all PSL seats.

STOP THE PRESSES!  PSL's are an outrage!  The sky is falling!  2.7% of the PSL seats in MetLife Stadium are for sale by individuals or the Jets themselves!  And in a year when we are expected to suck ass for half a decade!  Oh, God...no!

SAR I

Plus all the ones that sold already. Or the ones that were handed back to the Jets that they can't sell.

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Plus all the ones that sold already. Or the ones that were handed back to the Jets that they can't sell.

The annual churn at Giants Stadium per the Jets was 1%.  Without PSL's, and in a stadium with 7,000 fewer seats, season tickets turned over 1% per year.

Here in the PSL era, churn has steadily been around 2.5%.  That's amazing.  Very proud of PSL owners.   Go us.

PSL's are a non issue.  Those who have them are happy that they have seats in whatever location they wanted, the money was spent/allocated 9 years ago, and the Jets didn't raise ticket prices for 7 of those 9 seasons.  In the end, PSL's were merely a pre-payment against a ticket price increase that never came.  Financially, it's meaningless.  The only reason it's even on your radar is because you didn't pay in full in 2009 like most of us did.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The annual churn at Giants Stadium per the Jets was 1%.  Without PSL's, and in a stadium with 7,000 fewer seats, season tickets turned over 1% per year.

Here in the PSL era, churn has steadily been around 2.5%. 

PSL's are a non issue.  Those who have them are happy that they have seats in whatever location they wanted, the money was spent/allocated 9 years ago, and the Jets didn't raise ticket prices for 7 of those 9 seasons.  In the end, PSL's were merely a pre-payment against a ticket price increase that never came.  Financially, it's meaningless.  The only reason it's even on your radar is because you didn't pay in full in 2009 like most of us did.

SAR I

I don't really care either way about the Jets books. I am just glad we most past the inaccurate statements that you made yesterday. Now that we have that cleared up, PSLs are what they are.

We can get back to rooting for this team that is surprising people. Finish this game out and end up 4 and 3. Coach Bowles is having a very good year leading this team.

Archived