Poll: Which name on this list evokes the most negative visceral reaction from you?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: Which name bothers you the most?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: Which name bothers you the most?

• Vernon Gholston
    • Kyle Wilson
    • Michael Vick
    • Calvin Pryor
    • Christian Hackenberg
    • Joe "Must Go" Walton
    • Vlad Ducasse
    • Leon Hess
    • Dewayne Robertson
    • Mark Sanchez
    • Geno Smith
    • John Idzik
    • Rex Ryan
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Rich Kotite
    • Woody Johnson
    • Jason Taylor
    • Blair Thomas
    • Bruce Coslett
    • Darrelle Revis

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Belichick and the Patriots passed on Brady five times. Peyton Manning didn't want to sign with the Jets. The Mannings obviously had no problem with playing in New York but they (under the tutelage of their father) didn't like specific organizations like the Chargers and the Jets and didn't want to play for them. 

If BB was here he has the same NE staff in place and we would have drafted Brady.

Peyton would have loved to play for the Jets, all BP had to do was give him the word that he was taking him and he would have come out.  BP didn't want to have a rookie QB as he only wanted to coach a year or 2 w/ us and he didn't want to develop a young QB.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

If BB was here he has the same NE staff in place and we would have drafted Brady.

Peyton would have loved to play for the Jets, all BP had to do was give him the word that he was taking him and he would have come out.  BP didn't want to have a rookie QB as he only wanted to coach a year or 2 w/ us and he didn't want to develop a young QB.

I just read a few more articles on why Peyton stayed in school that year the Jets had the overall #1 and you get conflicting reports from legit sources like ESPN. Some say Parcells equivocated and wouldn't give the Mannings a clear answer answer on their intent. And others say the Jets didn't contact him because they were afraid of getting charged with tampering. And others stated Archie didn't want him playing for either Parcells or just the Jets. As for Brady I read a story last year that somebody in the Jets front office wanted to draft him. If Belichick stayed with the Jets who knows if we would have drafted him obviously things would have been different. He wasn't a prime choice for New England who had no idea the guy would end up bring a great Qb. 

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

Blair Thomas would be my #1

maybe dan Marino actually 

Blair Thomas has been added in place of Charlie Winner (there was one user who said Charlie Winner in the comments but then didn't even vote for him).  As always, the only entries that have been replaced are those that have 0 votes.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, Rangers9 said:

I just read a few more articles on why Peyton stayed in school that year the Jets had the overall #1 and you get conflicting reports from legit sources like ESPN. Some say Parcells equivocated and wouldn't give the Mannings a clear answer answer on their intent. And others say the Jets didn't contact him because they were afraid of getting charged with tampering. And others stated Archie didn't want him playing for either Parcells or just the Jets. As for Brady I read a story last year that somebody in the Jets front office wanted to draft him. If Belichick stayed with the Jets who knows if we would have drafted him obviously things would have been different. He wasn't a prime choice for New England who had no idea the guy would end up bring a great Qb. 

they contacted him behind the scenes, BP wasn't willing to guarantee he would pick him.  if he did he would have come out. 

Yes we were awful in the years leading up to 1997 but everyone knew those days were over w/ Parcells who was one of the best coaches of all time.  He just made a SB w/ Bledsoe, you think Archie would have had a problem w/ BP?

I voted for Gholston because his biggest downfall almost seemed to be that he didn't care which is hard to forgive. I just don't see how a player with those measurables and that production in college could be that bad unless he basically signed a deal with massive guaranteed money then just said "okay, I'm done." Guy essentially robbed the Jets blind.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

they contacted him behind the scenes, BP wasn't willing to guarantee he would pick him.  if he did he would have come out. 

Yes we were awful in the years leading up to 1997 but everyone knew those days were over w/ Parcells who was one of the best coaches of all time.  He just made a SB w/ Bledsoe, you think Archie would have had a problem w/ BP?

Look, that is one story. But there are others in terms of Archie not wanting him to sign here etc. There is no definitive answer to this unless Peyton writes a book and tells the reason he stayed in school. 

Archived