Jump to content

Heyman- Giancarlo Stanton a Yankee


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Mets fan is like being stuck in a perpetual cycle of The Empire Strikes Back. Jesus ******* Christ this never ends. Of course the Yankees got him. Why wouldn't that happen?

I do not understand how the Marlins can have any fans left. All they do is dismantle teams.  Sometimes they win first, and then tear it apart. 

If they only give up Castro and some second tier prospects Cashman is a god.

I’m old enough to remember when the Yankees trading for A-Rod was the best thing since sliced bread and was going to usher in an era of winning multiple championships. How’d that work out? All this does is add a ton of pressure to a young team and a coach with no experience. Good luck with your collusion trade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m old enough to remember when the Yankees trading for A-Rod was the best thing since sliced bread and was going to usher in an era of winning multiple championships. How’d that work out? All this does is add a ton of pressure to a young team and a coach with no experience. Good luck with your collusion trade. 

I am sure you were sitting here this offseason thinking "boy, I hope that the Yankees trade for Stanton, that will make my Red Sox hopes warmer". Yeah, you did that.

To correlate The Yankees roster at the ARod trade, to the Yankees roster of today, are 2 different things. To correlate the temperament of Stanton to ARod, creates an even wider chasm. 

Stanton hit 59 dingers in a spacious Marlins park. What he may do at Yankee Stadium will be interesting.

I am also interested to see what the Yankees gave up, and I guess their want to be under the luxury tax was just a ruse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

If they only give up Castro and some second tier prospects Cashman is a god.

Absolutely

And holy hell on this deal.  This was "Plan B" when Otani turned down the Yanks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m old enough to remember when the Yankees trading for A-Rod was the best thing since sliced bread and was going to usher in an era of winning multiple championships. How’d that work out? All this does is add a ton of pressure to a young team and a coach with no experience. Good luck with your collusion trade. 

Yanks won a championship in 2009 with ARod being MVP.  So, yeah, it worked out pretty well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am sure you were sitting here this offseason thinking "boy, I hope that the Yankees trade for Stanton, that will make my Red Sox hopes warmer". Yeah, you did that.

To correlate The Yankees roster at the ARod trade, to the Yankees roster of today, are 2 different things. To correlate the temperament of Stanton to ARod, creates an even wider chasm. 

Stanton hit 59 dingers in a spacious Marlins park. What he may do at Yankee Stadium will be interesting.

I am also interested to see what the Yankees gave up, and I guess their want to be under the luxury tax was just a ruse.

The Red Sox will be fine because they have pitching, which is what wins championships. The “Bombers” can have all the hitting they want. I’m still not worried about them. Unless they also trade for a top tier pitcher. 

8 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yanks won a championship in 2009 with ARod being MVP.  So, yeah, it worked out pretty well.

Only like a billion dollars or more spent since the A-Rod trade to win one championship. Seems like a poor return on investment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports are that Starling Castro is in the deal.  Poor Castro.  He was traded from the Cubs right when they were on bring of winning a championship and the same might happen with Yanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Red Sox will be fine because they have pitching, which is what wins championships. The “Bombers” can have all the hitting they want. I’m still not worried about them. Unless they also trade for a top tier pitcher. 

Only like a billion dollars or more spent since the A-Rod trade to win one championship. Seems like a poor return on investment. 

Red Sox are nothing without Big Papi and Sales sh*ts the bed in the postseason, like he did this year.  Worry about your Sox having a pop-gun offense, Sales throwing another tantrum in the clubhouse and Price feuding with announcers.  We'll concern ourselves with the Yanks.

As for ARod, winning a championship is always worth the money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SMC said:

Red Sox are nothing without Big Papi and Sales sh*ts the bed in the postseason, like he did this year.  Worry about your Sox having a pop-gun offense, Sales throwing another tantrum in the clubhouse and Price feuding with announcers.  We'll concern ourselves with the Yanks.

As for ARod, winning a championship is always worth the money.

Just won the AL East, but they’re nothing? Pop gun offense? Is the offseason over? Wait and see. The rest of your claims are lame.

Winning a championship is worth the money. Winning two in the same span is better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chirorob said:

I do not understand how the Marlins can have any fans left.

All they do is dismantle teams.  Sometimes they win first, and then tear it apart. 

What they have done in the past and now doing is just not right for the fans or the sport

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

HATE this Trade.

Never have been a fan of Stanton (family in Miami and have followed them as my NL team since inception). He's a novelty act that gets meaningless hits that don't equate to wins.

He is NOT CLUTCH 

clutters an already congested Outfield. 

This is trading for A-Rod Part Deux. Not a fan of this pretty boy. 

I pray I'm wrong, but I thought he was overrated on the Marlins, THEN more so after that contract.

Not happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I do not understand how the Marlins can have any fans left.

All they do is dismantle teams.  Sometimes they win first, and then tear it apart. 

When, historically, your Pro-sports alternatives have been the Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, Florida Panthers, and Miami fusion . . . Marlins are par for the course. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Just won the AL East, but they’re nothing? Pop gun offense? Is the offseason over? Wait and see. The rest of your claims are lame.

Winning a championship is worth the money. Winning two in the same span is better. 

Yes, Sox won AL East by 2 games against the Yanks, but Yanks won the season series 11-8.  And my claims are true, Sales is a postseason choker and locker room volcano.  Price is another headcase.  Plus, last year, Stanton, Judge, Didi and Sanchez combined have outhomered the entire Sox team.  So, yeah, the Sox are Pop gun on offense.

It's not my money so I don't care.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yes, Sox won AL East by 2 games against the Yanks, but Yanks won the season series 11-8.  And my claims are true, Sales is a postseason choker and locker room volcano.  Price is another headcase.  Plus, last year, Stanton, Judge, Didi and Sanchez combined have outhomered the entire Sox team.  So, yeah, the Sox are Pop gun on offense.

It's not my money so I don't care.

But it is your money if you buy tickets, gear, pay cable to watch the games, etc etc. 

The Red Sox did win the AL East despite a “pop gun” (lol) offense. The Yankees will need that offense to produce again given their lack of starting pitching. 

And don’t come around telling stories of headcases in the clubhouse or choking postseason players. That’s very much the pot and the kettle there, pal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

But it is your money if you buy tickets, gear, pay cable to watch the games, etc etc. 

The Red Sox did win the AL East despite a “pop gun” (lol) offense. The Yankees will need that offense to produce again given their lack of starting pitching. 

And don’t come around telling stories of headcases in the clubhouse or choking postseason players. That’s very much the pot and the kettle there, pal. 

Again, it's not your money and there is no cap in MLB, so complaining about "cost" or "investments" is dumb.  The Red Sox were 3rd in team salary in 2017 and Yanks were 2nd.  No one cares.

As to pitching, the Sox were 2nd in the AL in team ERA.  You know who was third?  The Yanks.  The Yanks were also 1st in team BAA while Sox were 5th.  In other words, the Yanks' pitching was actually just as good as the Sox, but the Yanks have a way better offense, hence the 11-8 head-to-head matchup.  And don't forget, 3 of those 8 Sox wins was because Chapman and Betances blew 9th inning leads.  In fact, the Sox's record was inflated because of a ridiculous 15-3 record in extra innings.  That will regress to the mean next season.  So keep on hanging onto that blind Sox faith.

I really have no clue what you're talking about pot and kettle with this current team.  Sales is a headcase whom the Sox gave up their best prospects and Price is warring with announcers.  Let's see how that plays out.  It's going to be a fun season.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SMC said:

Again, it's not your money and there is no cap in MLB, so complaining about "cost" or "investments" is dumb.  The Red Sox were 3rd in team salary in 2017 and Yanks were 2nd.  No one cares.

As to pitching, the Sox were 2nd in the AL in team ERA.  You know who was third?  The Yanks.  The Yanks were also 1st in team BAA while Sox were 5th.  In other words, the Yanks' pitching was actually just as good as the Sox, but the Yanks have a way better offense, hence the 11-8 head-to-head matchup.  And don't forget, 3 of those 8 Sox wins was because Chapman and Betances blew 9th inning leads.  In fact, the Sox's record was inflated because of a ridiculous 15-3 record in extra innings.  That will regress to the mean next season.  So keep on hanging onto that blind Sox faith.

I really have no clue what you're talking about pot and kettle with this current team.  Sales is a headcase whom the Sox gave up their best prospects and Price is warring with announcers.  Let's see how that plays out.  It's going to be a fun season.

 

His name is Sale, not Sales. And the Yankees signed a domestic abuser. But yeah. Clean shop they run over there. Good luck. You’re going to need it because you now have all of the pressure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

His name is Sale, not Sales. And the Yankees signed a domestic abuser. But yeah. Clean shop they run over there. Good luck. You’re going to need it because you now have all of the pressure. 

Thanks for the name correction.  I'll remember it the next time Sale rips up a jersey in the clubhouse or spits the bit in a big game.

Actually, the Yanks didn't just sign a domestic abuser.  They traded for him for pennies, flipped him for the best prospect in baseball, then signed him.  If the Cubs can break a 100 yr old curse with him, Yanks can't have any qualms.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Why does this board allow Carl to hijack/troll every Yankee thread? 

I didn’t hijack anything. I’m not trolling. We’re talking baseball. I don’t post in every baseball thread. You’re welcome to add to the conversation if you’d like, rather than just derail the baseball talk like you’re currently doing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Being a Mets fan is like being stuck in a perpetual cycle of The Empire Strikes Back. Jesus ******* Christ this never ends. Of course the Yankees got him. Why wouldn't that happen?

Mets and Jets? What booze helps you sleep at night? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn’t hijack anything. I’m not trolling. We’re talking baseball. I don’t post in every baseball thread. You’re welcome to add to the conversation if you’d like, rather than just derail the baseball talk like you’re currently doing. 

Sure Carl.  Oh and I did, you know but you were so quick in your derail/troll attempt you probably missed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports say Yankees getting Stanton and $30 million (will help with luxury tax) for Starlin Castro, Jorge Guzman and Jose Devers (Rafael's cousin). 

Guzman has ability but man that is a pretty astounding deal. Devers is 18 and at least 2-3 years away.  Castro will likely be trade deadline dealt again by Marlins.  

Castro being gone opens up Torreyes/Wade to start the year and Gleyber when he is ready.  Also opens up 3b for Andujar if Gleyber is at 2nd.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gqxluvx said:

Sure Carl.  Oh and I did, you know but you were so quick in your derail/troll attempt you probably missed it.

No. I just didn’t care to comment on your verbal fellatio of a guy who has wasted billions of dollars chasing championships that never came who just fleeced with a wink wink and a nudge nudge one of his former overrated stars who is submarining a professional sports franchise after getting other people to front the money for him that further divides the widening gap of the haves and have nots in a league whose bubble will be bursting soon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Stanton hit 59 dingers in a spacious Marlins park. What he may do at Yankee Stadium will be interesting.

In between Yelich and Bour. Now he's got Sanchez and Judge. With that joke of a fence in the outfield. I'm only a hobbyist mathematician but I think it's entirely possible he hits 324 home runs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...