Heyman- Giancarlo Stanton a Yankee

Matt39

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

No. I just didn’t care to comment on your verbal fellatio of a guy who has wasted billions of dollars chasing championships that never came who just fleeced with a wink wink and a nudge nudge one of his former overrated stars who is submarining a professional sports franchise after getting other people to front the money for him that further divides the widening gap of the haves and have nots in a league whose bubble will be bursting soon. 

So the day when the Yankees land the NL MVP and NL home run leader for almost nothing, you have nothing better to do than bash them.  Never mind that the overrated former player tried to trade him out West and  had to settle for the Yankees offer because of Stantons no trade clause.  You really come off as butt hurt and annoying as hell.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So the day when the Yankees land the NL MVP and NL home run leader for almost nothing, you have nothing better to do than bash them.  Never mind that the overrated former player tried to trade him out West and  had to settle for the Yankees offer because of Stantons no trade clause.  You really come off as butt hurt and annoying as hell.  

That’s exactly my problem. The Yankees are getting a great player for nothing and it’s pretty pathetic that MLB is going to just allow it to happen. What if Scottie Pippen bought the Cavs and traded LeBron to the Bulls for a 2nd round pick and some D League players? You think that would stand? 

And if he had gone to the Red Sox, you think you would have had nothing to say? Please, spare me the name calling and the rhetoric and just admit that most of what I’m saying is correct. If you’re not up to debate a contrarian point of view and just want to sit in a thread and circle jerk with the other Yankees fans, I hear communist Russia loves Americans. 

45 minutes ago, gqxluvx said:

Reports say Yankees getting Stanton and $30 million (will help with luxury tax) for Starlin Castro, Jorge Guzman and Jose Devers (Rafael's cousin). 

Guzman has ability but man that is a pretty astounding deal. Devers is 18 and at least 2-3 years away.  Castro will likely be trade deadline dealt again by Marlins.  

Castro being gone opens up Torreyes/Wade to start the year and Gleyber when he is ready.  Also opens up 3b for Andujar if Gleyber is at 2nd.

Under those terms, this deal is an all-timer for the Yanks.  Those are low-level prospects, but Denbo is as good as it gets in player evaluation so he's obviously thinking long game here.  It's the Astros model.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What the...is this real life? Seriously?

Yeah, Heyman just reported it.  The issue was purely salary.  Marlins are only going to have to pay $30 mil while the Yanks eat the other $265 million.

Other teams were not willing to eat up so much of Stanton's money.

Mets are reportedly interested in trading for Castro.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s exactly my problem. The Yankees are getting a great player for nothing and it’s pretty pathetic that MLB is going to just allow it to happen. What if Scottie Pippen bought the Cavs and traded LeBron to the Bulls for a 2nd round pick and some D League players? You think that would stand? 

And if he had gone to the Red Sox, you think you would have had nothing to say? Please, spare me the name calling and the rhetoric and just admit that most of what I’m saying is correct. If you’re not up to debate a contrarian point of view and just want to sit in a thread and circle jerk with the other Yankees fans, I hear communist Russia loves Americans. 

I would say **** the red sox.  I don't care what they do. When they got Sale and the cuban player a few years ago. I was like damn! Oh well, we will see what happens.   If you truly believed in your team you wouldn't be crying like a baby about the Yankees, because trust me that is how you are coming across. 

4 hours ago, SMC said:

Yeah, Heyman just reported it.  The issue was purely salary.  Marlins are only going to have to pay $30 mil while the Yanks eat the other $265 million.

Other teams were not willing to eat up so much of Stanton's money.

Mets are reportedly interested in trading for Castro.

I just mean that it’s preposterous they got him for nothing, and also for cheaper than what he’s worth salary-wise considering what Harper is going to set the bar at. 

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I just mean that it’s preposterous they got him for nothing, and also for cheaper than what he’s worth salary-wise considering what Harper is going to set the bar at. 

It is just not right for a team to dump players and salaries for pennies of what they are worth- not good for the sport. Now they will trade castro to dump more salary a joke

2 minutes ago, faba said:

It is just not right for a team to dump players and salaries for pennies of what they are worth- not good for the sport. Now they will trade castro to dump more salary a joke

I think him being able to dictate where he’d be willing to go also played a large part in Florida’s leverage. Either that or Jeter truly just pulled off the greatest saboteur move in history.

I thought Chicago made the most sense but **** it, glad he’s in the AL. End of the day I’m not complaining. Him out of the division is good for the Mets. 

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I would say **** the red sox.  I don't care what they do. When they got Sale and the cuban player a few years ago. I was like damn! Oh well, we will see what happens.   If you truly believed in your team you wouldn't be crying like a baby about the Yankees, because trust me that is how you are coming across. 

Lol. K bro. Good talk. 

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

HATE this Trade.

Never have been a fan of Stanton (family in Miami and have followed them as my NL team since inception). He's a novelty act that gets meaningless hits that don't equate to wins.

He is NOT CLUTCH 

clutters an already congested Outfield. 

This is trading for A-Rod Part Deux. Not a fan of this pretty boy. 

I pray I'm wrong, but I thought he was overrated on the Marlins, THEN more so after that contract.

Not happy.

I hate the Yanks but I don't see how any Yankee fan can criticize this trade.  Not clutch?  He is clutch as much as he can be playing for the Marlins.  The Yanks are going to be an absolute murderer's row.  It's an embarrassment of riches and it's all young players.  If the Yanks pitching holds up, they're probably on the verge of another dynasty.

13 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m old enough to remember when the Yankees trading for A-Rod was the best thing since sliced bread and was going to usher in an era of winning multiple championships. How’d that work out? All this does is add a ton of pressure to a young team and a coach with no experience. Good luck with your collusion trade. 

Sounds like you need a refill of haterade

22 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sounds like you don’t like to hear both sides of how this could turn out. Maybe take of your Yankee glasses for a minute and realize they’ve done this before and failed spectacularly. 

The Yankees gave up almost nothing for Stanton.  You’re just being a lame one note hater

On 12/9/2017 at 6:00 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I think him being able to dictate where he’d be willing to go also played a large part in Florida’s leverage. Either that or Jeter truly just pulled off the greatest saboteur move in history.

I thought Chicago made the most sense but **** it, glad he’s in the AL. End of the day I’m not complaining. Him out of the division is good for the Mets. 

Stanton killed any leverage the Marlins had.  Cashman even said he didn't think they would get involved, but at that price they couldn't not get him.

That contract plus a no-trade killed any value the Marlins could get for him. Stanton basically fell into the Yankees laps.

I was very surprised the Cubs did not get involved.

The nice thing is guys like Judge, Sanchez, Bird won't hit free agency till 2022. Stanton has an opt out clause after 2020. So when the Angels or the Dodgers give Bryce Harper 400 million, Stanton is gonna look like a bargain.

12 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

That contract plus a no-trade killed any value the Marlins could get for him. Stanton basically fell into the Yankees laps.

I was very surprised the Cubs did not get involved.

The nice thing is guys like Judge, Sanchez, Bird won't hit free agency till 2022. Stanton has an opt out clause after 2020. So when the Angels or the Dodgers give Bryce Harper 400 million, Stanton is gonna look like a bargain.

Aka

“Some plans that we have” aka Harper 

Archived