Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50

KRL

7 hours ago, SenorGato said:

19 YO non-pass rushing LB? What could go wrong!!! 

I'll tell you what can go wrong.  We'll draft him in the first round.

What strikes me is how different these guys all view the OTs.  Everyone has a different order between Williams, McGlinchey and Brown.  There is really no consensus and this list has McGlinchey WAY down the list.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, Beerfish said:

A chill went down my spine seeing Tremaine Edmunds as his 3rd best player.

On 1/23/2018 at 12:10 PM, SenorGato said:

19 YO non-pass rushing LB? What could go wrong!!! 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:38 PM, nycdan said:

I'll tell you what can go wrong.  We'll draft him in the first round.

What strikes me is how different these guys all view the OTs.  Everyone has a different order between Williams, McGlinchey and Brown.  There is really no consensus and this list has McGlinchey WAY down the list.

Have you guys seen him play?

He looks legit.  

On 1/23/2018 at 11:18 PM, Sarge4Tide said:

Just for grins, his 6th, 37th, and 49th rated prospects are:

Sam Darnold QB USC

Isaiah Wynn OG UGA

Nick Chubb RB UGA

That's probably where I'd put Darnold, rank vs projected pick are two different things. I also think that's a fair rank for Chubb, I think he'll fall somewhere in the late 2nd - early 3rd.

I don't know enough about Wynn to pass judgement though, only Guard I'd want is Nelson.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

His position is the problem.

Exactly.  How many years can we keep drafting non-premium positions at the top of the draft?  Once in a while, when someone drops to you, sure.  Leonard Williams is a good example.  But year after year of taking Safeties, Defensive Tackles and Inside Linebackers in the first round?  Doesn't seem to be working out too well so far so maybe we change it up a bit?

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

His position is the problem.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Exactly.  How many years can we keep drafting non-premium positions at the top of the draft?  Once in a while, when someone drops to you, sure.  Leonard Williams is a good example.  But year after year of taking Safeties, Defensive Tackles and Inside Linebackers in the first round?  Doesn't seem to be working out too well so far so maybe we change it up a bit?

He's a OLB with pass-rushing chops.  He's also only 19 years old, and 6'5, 245 with the ability to put on another 10-15. 

I'm a huge fan of Chubb, and if he's gone taking the draft's best LT... but "settling" for a speedy instinctive pass-rusher shouldn't be cause for concern.

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

He's a OLB with pass-rushing chops.  He's also only 19 years old, and 6'5, 245 with the ability to put on another 10-15. 

I'm a huge fan of Chubb, and if he's gone taking the draft's best LT... but "settling" for a speedy instinctive pass-rusher shouldn't be cause for concern.

Everything I have read has named him as an ILB who is projected to be able to play outside.  I haven't seen him play so I don't know enough to question that but is he truly an OLB or are you assuming he can be?  Because if he's an ILB, I don't want him at 6.  And if he's an experiment, I'm concerned.  But if he's a true edge prospect, then I'm good.  I'll look at him more as we get closer to the draft I'm sure.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Everything I have read has named him as an ILB who is projected to be able to play outside.  I haven't seen him play so I don't know enough to question that but is he truly an OLB or are you assuming he can be?  Because if he's an ILB, I don't want him at 6.  And if he's an experiment, I'm concerned.  But if he's a true edge prospect, then I'm good.  I'll look at him more as we get closer to the draft I'm sure.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/tremaine-edmunds?id=2560062

OVERVIEW

Edmunds is the son of Ferrell Edmunds, a two-time Pro Bowler at tight end with Miami (1989-90). Three of Ferrell's sons actually signed not with his alma mater of Maryland, but with the Hokies (though the oldest, Trey, transferred to play running back at Maryland for his final season in 2016). Tremaine and his brother, Terrell (safety), are now leaders on Tech's defense. One of the top linebacker recruits in the country, Tremaine played in 13 games as a true freshman, starting twice, recording 11 tackles on the year. His 2.5 tackles for loss came against Tulsa in the Independence Bowl, portending his successful sophomore year. Edmunds, who is tall and long for a stack linebacker, attacked open lanes to become a second-team All-ACC pick in 2016, starting 14 times and compiling 106 tackles, 18.5 for loss, 4.5 sacks. He had an interception in the team’s Belk Bowl appearance against Arkansas. NFL scouts loved what they saw from Edmunds as a junior, as did the Associated Press, who named him third-team All-American. He was also a first-team All-ACC selection in 2017, recording a team-high 109 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, 5.5 sacks, and three forced fumbles.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Unique size with long limbs and a rangy frame. Wears his weight with ease. Frame is destined to become even more imposing with additional weight work. Feet pump and trigger like pistons. Excellent lateral quickness to scrape and stalk. Uses his size and speed to cast a wide, playmaking net and cover large swaths of grass. Twitches for a second when it is time to make a play. Spins out of blocks to find his way back into the play. Combines length with rare reactive athleticism and agility to access and tackle opportunities from unconventional angles. Captures and finishes as a tackler at highly efficient rate. Elite traits help to create sensational production across the board. Disruptive in all phases. Electric as "add-on" rusher when back stays in. Has length and burst to affect pocket as edge rusher. Effective man cover talent with ability to match shifty running backs and bulky tight ends.

WEAKNESSES

Instincts are average and relies on athletic gifts. Can be a step slow to diagnose. Lured by misdirection. Will take random downhill paths that trap him in the quagmire. Patience is lacking. Races ahead of plays and voids his leverage and run fits at times. Needs to add more upper and lower body strength. Average base strength and high center of gravity create issues holding up at the point of attack. Needs to be quicker to punch in order to maintain clearance. Mental busts in man coverage hurt his team. Takes time to process moving pieces.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Round 1

SOURCES TELL US

"Good luck with your player comp on this one. They don't come like him. I don't think there has ever been a linebacker that has had his size and speed. You're better off comping him with a basketball player." -- NFC regional scout

NFL COMPARISON

Brian Urlacher

BOTTOM LINE

Edmunds combines elite size, speed and explosiveness into a productive, versatile linebacker package that will have evaluators salivating. Edmunds has posted high-impact production over the last two seasons and he still has room to get bigger and better. Edmunds will make mental mistakes and his instincts are subpar, but he has an ability to mitigate those issues with his athletic ability. Edmunds can play in any alignment at any linebacker spot and has All-Pro potential no matter where he lands.

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Patriot Killa ^^^ look up to see a write-up on your boy. 

He’ll be a one of a kind player no matter if he has success or doesn’t due to his size and speed. I love his wingspan. Being only 19 years old, every single thing mentioned in the weakness area of the scouting report can be worked on. He’ll be a great player. I’m putting the official PK stamp on this guy and I’d love to have him. He’s electric.

Archived