Ryan Leaf sees himself in Baker Mayfield

Philc1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much Ryan Leaf leading up to this years draft.  Who keeps contacting this guy and caring about what he says?  Johnny Manz was a better comparison since both of them couldn't seem to have any willpower against drugs.  Doesn't seem to be Bakers issue at all.

20 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No but it’s basically the exact definition of a college kid. You are trolling so hard on this. If we draft him it’s goung to be interesting how this turns out. 

I went to college so did all my friends and we partied to none of us got arrested by the cops in another state running away.  Somehow the same is also true for 99% of nfl players 

20 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

So much Ryan Leaf leading up to this years draft.  Who keeps contacting this guy and caring about what he says?  Johnny Manz was a better comparison since both of them couldn't seem to have any willpower against drugs.  Doesn't seem to be Bakers issue at all.

Leaf’s drug problem didn’t start until after he busted in the nfl.  Leaf sees a lot of his 1998 pre-drug addict personality in Baker Mayfield 

It’s pretty much 100% now that Macagnan is drafting this bust Mayfield.  I’m so tired of the jets being the media’s punching bag and we are about to give the media ammo for the next 10 years

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I went to college so did all my friends and we partied to none of us got arrested by the cops in another state running away.  Somehow the same is also true for 99% of nfl players 

99%? Seems high. Considering we already have one of these scoundrels on our team already. 

9A641702-53CC-486C-A2B3-60008DB4DE34.jpeg

On 4/17/2018 at 10:24 AM, The Crusher said:

But once we draft him might as well root for him until he proves he sucks. Right ?

Hey I rooted for Mark Sanchez once already might as well do it again when we get the younger version of him

39 minutes ago, slats said:

Uh... no. 

The number 1 argument for baker is “his stats, look at those stats”.  Geno Smith had great stats in the same offense and same conference so did a dozen other recent nfl 1st and 2nd round qb busts within the past 18 years

And Baker is probably more fragile mentally than even Geno

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The number 1 argument for baker is “his stats, look at those stats”.  Geno Smith had great stats in the same offense and same conference so did a dozen other recent nfl 1st and 2nd round qb busts within the past 18 years

And Baker is probably more fragile mentally than even Geno

I'm not arguing for or against Mayfield, but when you say that Ryan Leaf's college stats were just as good as his, you're either lying or ill-informed. 

19 hours ago, slats said:

I'm not arguing for or against Mayfield, but when you say that Ryan Leaf's college stats were just as good as his, you're either lying or ill-informed. 

Almost 4,000 yards passing 34 tds is not good?

Archived