The Wizard of Oz, A Wizard's Nightmare...GAME THREAD

9 minutes ago, Stark said:

you are supposed to say "gross" that is how we mock JiF

probably the first time a female has informed him of his train

Why have you only voted for PAC and SMASH? we have a deadline and you are throwing votes at people with none and are currently voting for no one.  

Gata you scum again? you seem to be playing similarly to last game... 

UNVOTE

VOTE 80

Yet you vote 80? Deadline is in 11 hours. Unvote 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

So you think his self voting makes him scum? If he is scum it’s his very first time as scum. He has literally posted as much today as he has his first three games. Just don’t see him voting himself first time as scum. 

Keep two things in mind:

1. You don't have to have any experience at all to make a knee-jerk move like self-voting. Most of this is just human nature. 

2. You noticing that he has posted significantly more this game than in the others goes hand in hand with him being different than he was in the others.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

What do you think of Bricks self vote and Leelou comment? I don’t like it. Don’t see h self voting first time he is scum . Can’t imagine anyone coaching him in the qt to do that. 

Please elaborate on how you can't see a mafia team coaching a noob on what to do, LOL.

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Feel the same. He’s probably town, and just doing nothing to diffuse the situation. His comment about learning from his train was veryvtownie

No it's not - his comment was just a repeat of what many have said many times before. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Why have you only voted for PAC and SMASH? we have a deadline and you are throwing votes at people with none and are currently voting for no one.  

UNVOTE

VOTE 80

This is the 2nd time you ask me to address the reason why I voted for Smash. (Please go back and read)

The Pac vote was my first initial vote because he's never active. I'm happy he's active now just wish he would invest the energy in gathering more info as well.

I also voted for JC don't see this in your little compilation... and it's because I don't buy into the Magic Ball. He said he's caught scum like that. 

In regards to the 2 trains. Brick has done certain things that Ping (The trying to kill pac but not vote pac, not being as blood thirsty, and then exonerating someone for commenting he is townie) Things he's done that seem townie is finally putting in effort, the statement he made about 80 and the self vote (self sacrifice to get info seems genuine)

80 pinged hard with that Crusher statement. That would be my only reason to vote him. However, 80 is known for overly explaining things esp since we're here and we're newbs.

Finally, I'm not scum but claiming that doesn't exonerate me. Watch along as I play and you be the judge. In addition, I'm holding off my vote for a bit, I'll vote when I damn well please TYVM.

12 minutes ago, D P R said:

Keep two things in mind:

1. You don't have to have any experience at all to make a knee-jerk move like self-voting. Most of this is just human nature. 

2. You noticing that he has posted significantly more this game than in the others goes hand in hand with him being different than he was in the others.

Please elaborate on how you can't see a mafia team coaching a noob on what to do, LOL.

No it's not - his comment was just a repeat of what many have said many times before. 

1. Knee jerk? Like a reflex ? So it’s his first game as scum and he already has a reflexive response to pressure ? No. Since you want to label his response I’ll go with frustrated because he is struggling trying to defend. Because honestly its day one and not much he can defend. 

2. He is posting more because he is trying to defend a day one case on him and he is doing a bad job of it. Hence the self vote. You know, the reflexive one. 

3. Of course a mafia team coaches a noob. I’m just having a hard time seeing anything in his defense that looks coached except maybe  for a single post someone else pointed out.

It comes of genuine town  noob to me, deer in headlights if you will. 

So with all your mafia experience as scum please tell me how many times you coached a newb to self vote ? Please provide references with your answer. 

Vote Stark 

I'm actually ok with this. He's been hanging on to that Brick vote for a while and he asked me to re-iterate why I voted.

Seems like he's just cruising by to me. Let's see what this reveals.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

At what point would you vote her? 

I also didn't like he overlooked her role

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I like votes on Nolder and 80. Also skeptical of Jif. Last few games he’s hunted. Now he’s camping in smash.

I camped on Smash last game too. I camped on CTM the game before.  Guess what they were?  This is pretty consistent with my D1 play.  It's mostly gut mixed with meta mixed with some game play.  Kind of weird you're saying otherwise. 

Honestly, my hunting has landed me directly on Smash and Stark again.  2 games in a row on D1.  I'd be more convicted around it but it seems very unlikely they're both scum again.  Stupid rationale but that's legit why I havent gone all in yet on either. 

12 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

i had some chocolate pudding. 

@Stark get off my train you treacherous creep

@Leelou Please get off my train, m'lady. 

@Nolder I'm not telling my doggy nothing for you. 

@Lizard King whose refusal?

@JiF the game needs your skills

@Integrity28 you seem ok to me. the rest apparently disagree. sorry man

@HessStation id like you to make me the psycho killer next time please. awesome setup tho

@GATA good sh*t not hopping on my train with those eager beavers

@The Crusher waiting for you to open a can of whoop-ass

@Smashmouth you alive?

@Nynaeve your question before was weird but i think you're cool

@Jetsfan80 time for some action. need you to start pulling out some theories

My skills have been on fire lately.  2 out of my top 3 have been scum for like 3 straight games in a row.  And none you ****ers listen to me but you want to pretend like you will now?  

You guys dont deserve me.

GFY

12 hours ago, Stark said:

Was going to see his reaction with more votes. I don’t really get much of a different feel from him that previous games but it’s so early. 

I agree on the JiF part he drops in for a minute and then disappears. Scum laying low?

Gross misrepresentation of the truth.  Same sh*t you were doing last game as scum. 

When I'm active, I'm more active than anyone and I actually catch up by quoting everything I see necessary.  Come 5pm, I dont really post.  Got better sh*t to do.  I post in between calls at work since basically my job is to have conference calls about conference calls. 

It's posts like this that have made me go all Bowie on you ****ers lately when I'm telling you what to do and instead, you spin bull sh*t about me.

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1. Knee jerk? Like a reflex ? So it’s his first game as scum and he already has a reflexive response to pressure ? No. Since you want to label his response I’ll go with frustrated because he is struggling trying to defend. Because honestly its day one and not much he can defend. 

2. He is posting more because he is trying to defend a day one case on him and he is doing a bad job of it. Hence the self vote. You know, the reflexive one. 

3. Of course a mafia team coaches a noob. I’m just having a hard time seeing anything in his defense that looks coached except maybe  for a single post someone else pointed out.

It comes of genuine town  noob to me, deer in headlights if you will. 

So with all your mafia experience as scum please tell me how many times you coached a newb to self vote ? Please provide references with your answer. 

Have you had breakfast yet? 

Yeah, so, self-voting is widely panned as scummish because it's the ultimate martyr move. It's not a complicated technique and doesn't require any previous game experience. It's like puppy dog eyes - more of a "what is the ulimtate way for me to look innocent?" thing, hence the term knee-jerk. 

The fact that you contradict yourself from point 1 to 2 is amusing. 

1. "So it’s his first game as scum and he already has a reflexive response to pressure ? No."

2. "He is posting more because he is trying to defend a day one case on him and he is doing a bad job of it. Hence the self vote."

Soooo, it's not a reflex, but it is a reflex? lol

Anyway, why u so defensive on D1? He's the vote leader, deadline is coming up, what's the problem? 

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I've been here my vote on you was the first vote day 1 should not worry you in the least

@BrickTamland

I'm not at the keyboard 24/7 today I shot a little pool then checked in and there were like 97 posts after my last post then tonight another 47 so it may look like I'm not around because I'm not in that mess of posts but I'm here.

I didn't see much reason to try and go after someone but the 80 ping got my attention as it did Berbal and CTM. 

Still catching up but for now I will

un-vote and vote 80

gross momentum vote. 

Official Vote Count: 

Brick (4) JC, Leelou, DPR, Brick

GATA (1) Pac

Smash (1) JiF

80 (6) Verbal, CTM, Ape, Smash, LK, Stark

Pac (1) 80

Stark (2) Crushluv, GATA

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch

Deadline, Wednesday 8:00 PM

45 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE 80

DISGUSTING!

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yet you vote 80? Deadline is in 11 hours. Unvote 

Yup, I voted 80... I mess with Gata every game about her being scum just because her responses are kind of humorous to me. go look back at the previous games this is nothing new.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

gross momentum vote. 

I was voting brick most of this entire game, we have a deadline. The 80 train is gaining momentum, and the more brick post the more i am second guessing my vote on him.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Unvote

Vote Stark

LOL, greatest scum hunter of all time... ugh. You obviously are not. 

17 minutes ago, D P R said:

Yeah, so, self-voting is widely panned as scummish because it's the ultimate martyr move. It's not a complicated technique and doesn't require any previous game experience. It's like puppy dog eyes - more of a "what is the ulimtate way for me to look innocent?" thing, hence the term knee-jerk. 

1. "So it’s his first game as scum and he already has a reflexive response to pressure ? No."

2. "He is posting more because he is trying to defend a day one case on him and he is doing a bad job of it. Hence the self vote."

Anyway, why u so defensive on D1? He's the vote leader, deadline is coming up, what's the problem? 

My second use of reflexive was mocking you. Do you feel mocked? Breakfast is perpetuated for me. 

Oh yeah. 80 is the vote leader. So yeah that. 

You aren’t paying attention and that is not a very good look. 

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

I camped on Smash last game too. I camped on CTM the game before.  Guess what they were?  This is pretty consistent with my D1 play.  It's mostly gut mixed with meta mixed with some game play.  Kind of weird you're saying otherwise. 

Honestly, my hunting has landed me directly on Smash and Stark again.  2 games in a row on D1.  I'd be more convicted around it but it seems very unlikely they're both scum again.  Stupid rationale but that's legit why I havent gone all in yet on either. 

You camped on me?

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

My second use of reflexive was mocking you. Do you feel mocked? Breakfast is perpetuated for me. 

Oh yeah. 80 is the vote leader. So yeah that. 

Why so testy?

Didn't feel mocked - just looked like you were rushing and contradicted yourself. 

Brick was the vote leader when I posted everything that you quoted. 

Why so testy?

19 minutes ago, D P R said:

Brick has seen self vote from townie, I don't know that it's scum tell but it's not giving me a townie vibe either.

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Gross misrepresentation of the truth.  Same sh*t you were doing last game as scum. 

When I'm active, I'm more active than anyone and I actually catch up by quoting everything I see necessary.  Come 5pm, I dont really post.  Got better sh*t to do.  I post in between calls at work since basically my job is to have conference calls about conference calls. 

It's posts like this that have made me go all Bowie on you ****ers lately when I'm telling you what to do and instead, you spin bull sh*t about me.

You are overreacting to me agreeing with Ape that you seem less active. Maybe the "mass morning post" is the reason that it feels like you aren't playing as much. not a misrepresentation, obviously if I am not the only one thinking it.

I get it, and you do when you post, I, and most play in between calls/meetings/projects at work too.

You have not told anyone what to do, not that I can remember. 

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

You camped on me?

Pretty much.  I had you an Ape on my top 3 list.  You guys told me I was lazy because you were both voting me, which I stupidly agreed with and convinced myself you both wouldnt vote me at the same time as scum, so I went with whoever was 3rd on the list later in the day but I was on you until that point. 

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Yup, I voted 80... I mess with Gata every game about her being scum just because her responses are kind of humorous to me. go look back at the previous games this is nothing new.

I was voting brick most of this entire game, we have a deadline. The 80 train is gaining momentum, and the more brick post the more i am second guessing my vote on him.

LOL, greatest scum hunter of all time... ugh. You obviously are not. 

Oh, I am.  Again, same stupid sh*t you were doing last game as scum. 

8 hours ago, Nolder said:

Are you depressed because you did nothing wrong and can't figure out a way to fix something that's not broken?

This is a deeper discussion than I care to have on a message board.

With regards to the gameplay, basically, yes. “Frustrated” rather than “depressed” probably more accurate.

6 hours ago, Leelou said:

I was going to unvote you, but now...:confused:

I feel ya. Little crazy sometimes. 

3 hours ago, D P R said:

Actually, you've gone out of your way voice your opinion twice, but you haven't done that for any other player.

Took it as a joke the first time, but the second time was forced and then there's that self-vote, lol.  

I choose death by Thunder, pika.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE

VOTE 80

Stark is not stark this game.idk if it’s the kids or pride from last game.

32 minutes ago, GATA said:

Vote Stark 

I'm actually ok with this. He's been hanging on to that Brick vote for a while and he asked me to re-iterate why I voted.

Seems like he's just cruising by to me. Let's see what this reveals.

I also didn't like he overlooked her role

Yeah. Where’s the stinkin graphs

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

My skills have been on fire lately.  2 out of my top 3 have been scum for like 3 straight games in a row.  And none you ****ers listen to me but you want to pretend like you will now?  

You guys dont deserve me.

GFY

I was giving u props. You’re my Florida guy.