Justified Mafia - GAME OVER

Nolder

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Huh? You thought it was going random and you didn't push for a lynch. I think like Crusher the heavy amounts of cholesterol circulating through your veins has finally started limiting blood flow to the brain.

I don't think DPR is scum..  I was willing to take the risk even if it meant taking a bullet *shrugs*

If he fooled me then a tip of the cap to him.  and next time I won't give him any credit for not being a complete moron.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CTM said:

they blow

they've made for some of the more memorable moments in JN Mafia history... who can forget Vic completely melting down and giving away the whole cult team because he was recruited late in the game.  It was an epic mental breakdown.

Just now, Pac said:

they've made for some of the more memorable moments in JN Mafia history... who can forget Vic completely melting down and giving away the whole cult team because he was recruited late in the game.  It was an epic mental breakdown.

lol, they still blow. Sucks getting recruited late, it's hard to switch loyalties.

37 minutes ago, Stark said:

1.  Brick saying I’m not active / not playing for fun or investigating.  I clearly said I would have a hard time being active after I left the office. 2 young children make it tough

hess.  He has said multiple times that he thinks DPR is scum. Yet he won’t vote him. Aren’t we trying to lynch scum? He also has voted for 4 people in last hour. He’s lost or confused or doesn’t believe himself. 

Lk. I was parked on him all day and can easily go back here. 

I hear that. I’m not gonna give you crap about it. Was calling it as I saw it.

31 minutes ago, Stark said:

Who cares what you want you need to be more active. 

That’s cool. Uh...ok. But you just said..about how u were busy .. and it was hard for you ..

Being “active” esp on day 1 means jack sh*t. When the time mattered I showed up and made as much helpful banter as anyone. Did no good anyway.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

lol, they still blow. Sucks getting recruited late, it's hard to switch loyalties.

yeah but it keeps you on your toes because if you start the game as vanilla town there's always a chance you can become scum.

I liked when I've been recruited in cult games..  Pretty sure Crush and Slats recruited me in the same Predator game where Vic lost his mind.

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't think DPR is scum..  I was willing to take the risk even if it meant taking a bullet *shrugs*

If he fooled me then a tip of the cap to him.  and next time I won't give him any credit for not being a complete moron.

We'll see, I think his first game here was star wars and he tried to take a leadership role and fell flat on his face.. Day 1 or 2 lynch as scum I believe 

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

yeah but it keeps you on your toes because if you start the game as vanilla town there's always a chance you can become scum.

I liked when I've been recruited in cult games..  Pretty sure Crush and Slats recruited me in the same Predator game where Vic lost his mind.

Whatever happened to Vic? He had many temper tantrums if memory serves 

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

back to this..  a cult game is the most stressful type of game as players have to rethink their suspicions every day.

It usually starts with a cult leader and 1 other cultist.  Each night instead of killing someone they recruit someone to join the cult.

Their #'s continue to increase each day until and the town is often completely lost.  A person you were 100% certain was town could have been converted during the night phase and start the next day as scum.

paranoia runs rampant in these games.

Unfortunately only a couple mods run this type of game.  It really can piss people off..  I've modded cult games that have turned into complete monkey f**ks.

I mean I haven’t seen Justified get to a Cult ep. yet. But that would be awesome with a True Detective theme 

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Reading back, Brick made a good point about Jif. Last game he bickered with a noob stark as scum, this game it's gata, Hiding in plain sight perhaps. 

=D>

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

Official Vote Count
DPR (4) Leelou, 80, Brick, CTM
Brick (2) Verbal, Stark, 
Gata (1) LK
LK (3) DPR, GATA, Jif
Leelou (1) Pac

Verb (1) Hess

Not Voting (0)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday 8PM PST

Analysis of Final Vote Count:

1. There was a good bit of vote switching toward EOD. The vast majority of it was focused on not achieving a lynch. 

2. Nolder's scene included "everything is working according to plan". This *might* imply that a no lynch was desirable. 

3. LK, Pac & Hess made it a point to not vote for any viable train. There is no benefit to the town in these votes. Had they voted for me, it would have provided info to the town - should have been a no brainer to consolidate. Why didn't they? 

4. Leelou parked a vote on my train early, but never evolved her read or followed up with it. She did half-heartedly question Gata closer to EOD, but nothing really ever came of that. 

From a town pov, I should have been the lynch. That would have moved the game along toward solving. 

@ LK, Pac, & Hess: why didn't any of you consolidate to gain info? 

In addition to not voting a viable train, Pac put on a puppet show with CTM after the lynch regarding the merits of my scum play. He makes a point to defend me, but then why didn't he jump on the LK train? Almost as weird is CTM trying to view everything from a "past game" meta kind of scope - I almost mentioned it when he was going on and on about Brick/Gata playing the last few recent games and literally LOL'd when he brought up Star Wars from 8 years ago. So I'll ask this: other than laying down cover fro your vote / lack of vote, what is the purpose of that discussion? 

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Analysis of Final Vote Count:

1. There was a good bit of vote switching toward EOD. The vast majority of it was focused on not achieving a lynch. 

2. Nolder's scene included "everything is working according to plan". This *might* imply that a no lynch was desirable. 

3. LK, Pac & Hess made it a point to not vote for any viable train. There is no benefit to the town in these votes. Had they voted for me, it would have provided info to the town - should have been a no brainer to consolidate. Why didn't they? 

4. Leelou parked a vote on my train early, but never evolved her read or followed up with it. She did half-heartedly question Gata closer to EOD, but nothing really ever came of that. 

From a town pov, I should have been the lynch. That would have moved the game along toward solving. 

@ LK, Pac, & Hess: why didn't any of you consolidate to gain info? 

In addition to not voting a viable train, Pac put on a puppet show with CTM after the lynch regarding the merits of my scum play. He makes a point to defend me, but then why didn't he jump on the LK train? Almost as weird is CTM trying to view everything from a "past game" meta kind of scope - I almost mentioned it when he was going on and on about Brick/Gata playing the last few recent games and literally LOL'd when he brought up Star Wars from 8 years ago. So I'll ask this: other than laying down cover fro your vote / lack of vote, what is the purpose of that discussion? 

Maybe bringing up ppl’s characteristics ? 

So you’re saying it would have been better to lynch you? 

1 hour ago, D P R said:

This is a small insular group of players that have been playing together for years. Meta has always been a larger factor here than on sites with bigger player pools and I'm fairly certain you know that. 

Pac's reasoning for not voting you was basically I refuse to believe he'd be that bad as scum, my retort was well we've seen him be that bad several times. This was within the flow of the conversation in which I was essentially chastising Pac for letting it go no lynch and saying he should've voted you. 

I noticed you didn't take exception when the verbal invoked meta in your defense. (he's usually more aggressive when scum) Is that meta OK? 

Finally, was star wars really 8 freaken years ago? 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yes him and I agree on that, DPR should've walked the plank. To his credit, that post was the first town like post I've seen out of the salty sob

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

Yes him and I agree on that, DPR should've walked the plank. To his credit, that post was the first town like post I've seen out of the salty sob

Yeah prob should have. 

But so if Cult leader with one last night, that means there were only 2 in 13. Tomorrow there will be 3.

47 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yep. The town has to have info to win and there's only one way to get it. Anybody playing with the town's interest in mind would have moved in that direction. 

42 minutes ago, CTM said:

This is a small insular group of players that have been playing together for years. Meta has always been a larger factor here than on sites with bigger player pools and I'm fairly certain you know that. 

Pac's reasoning for not voting you was basically I refuse to believe he'd be that bad as scum, my retort was well we've seen him be that bad several times. This was within the flow of the conversation in which I was essentially chastising Pac for letting it go no lynch and saying he should've voted you. 

I noticed you didn't take exception when the verbal invoked meta in your defense. (he's usually more aggressive when scum) Is that meta OK? 

Finally, was star wars really 8 freaken years ago? 

I'm not questioning the use of meta - I'm making a note that you spent a lot of time traipsing down memory lane without any real focus of why you were using that meta. Doesn't make you scum or town, its just good to keep it in mind as we get further into the game. You know this. 

Why you crying about Verbal? My question to you was about a conversation you had with Pac - nothing to do with anyone else. You answered - we're good.

And yeah - I joined for that game. I was surprised too, lol.  

Just now, D P R said:

Yep. The town has to have info to win and there's only one way to get it. Anybody playing with the town's interest in mind would have moved in that direction. 

I'm not questioning the use of meta - I'm making a note that you spent a lot of time traipsing down memory lane without any real focus of why you were using that meta. Doesn't make you scum or town, its just good to keep it in mind as we get further into the game. You know this. 

Why you crying about Verbal? My question to you was about a conversation you had with Pac - nothing to do with anyone else. You answered - we're good.

And yeah - I joined for that game. I was surprised too, lol.  

Actually now that I think I/we know set up I'm glad we didn't lynch you. Granted you could be a convert tonight but I dont see you as cult leader. 

47 minutes ago, CTM said:

27 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah prob should have. 

But so if Cult leader with one last night, that means there were only 2 in 13. Tomorrow there will be 3.

Shoulda lynched LK - dude has more 3P coming off of him than anyone else. Stark also raises eyebrows for laying low. 

Just now, HessStation said:

Actually now that I think I/we know set up I'm glad we didn't lynch you. Granted you could be a convert tonight but I dont see you as cult leader. 

Not for nothin', but I make a terrible convert. I post a lot. I don't filter a lot. It's hard to lay down a bunch of opinions and then have to go back on them. Evolution of opinion is one thing, but trying to spin X into Y is hard to do and easy to spot. 

We'll see, but if that's what we're dealing with, we can't afford to let anyone lay low. They gotta be put on the spot and lay down opinions or they gotta go. Fair warning 

36 minutes ago, D P R said:

Shoulda lynched LK - dude has more 3P coming off of him than anyone else. Stark also raises eyebrows for laying low. 

I am not going to explain it again, or find my quote before I left here yesterday. You choose to ignore what I posted or not read it. My level of play has dropped off after about 5pm CST every game i have played. So it raises your eyebrow but I know, you have only played 2 games with me, so Im giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Also talk about people laying low. go read back and see how many people "laying low" last night. Seems a decent portion. Brick went like 20 hours without posting anything (he did come in and make his "brick style comments"). I was reading posts when i had a chance last night so I didn't have to do an entire catch up before the deadline. I made it in, in time to post, and was around at the deadline ready to change my vote but it seems like the majority of people were either just watching the game or not around. 

Archived