July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

My LB group is complete.  Cornelius Bennett, Ken Norton Jr, and Greg Lloyd. 

Not exactly what I envisioned it would be when I set out, but I like it.  13 Pro Bowls, 3 AFC Defensive POY awards and 3 Super Bowls (all from Norton) between them. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am saying this not to blame anyone(because I haven't been paying attention enough to the reasons this has bogged down).  Not in the least bit pointing fingers. 

Anyway, if this thing doesn't ramp up and get back humming and we are still drafting and haven't even gotten the actual "tournament" started by the time Training camp opens, we are going to be in trouble.  Once TC starts, the interest in this, from both a drafting perspective and a voting perspective, is going to take a huge hit.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am saying this not to blame anyone(because I haven't been paying attention enough to the reasons this has bogged down).  Not in the least bit pointing fingers. 

Anyway, if this thing doesn't ramp up and get back humming and we are still drafting and haven't even gotten the actual "tournament" started by the time Training camp opens, we are going to be in trouble.  Once TC starts, the interest in this, from both a drafting perspective and a voting perspective, is going to take a huge hit.

Yep and we are closing in. 4 days until camp starts.

12 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yep, still have 4 rounds to go.  Not much we can do about it. 

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I just noticed a lot of you guys going with the 3 WR sets. Interesting. Too each their own. 

Well when you have a QB like Dan Marino it would be sacrilegious not to.

Bambi (speed) - Swanny (big play) Berry (best route runner ever)   ?

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

Well when you have a QB like Dan Marino it would be sacrilegious not to.

Bambi (speed) - Swanny (big play) Berry (best route runner ever)   ?

Jerry Rice disagrees.  Honestly, Antonio Brown has a good argument as well.  

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Crap!!! Was all set to take Wilbur Marshall.

jetlife, just saying here. You took Jarvis Laundry before Art Monk. Just saying 

That always makes me feel better :)  It's so hard at this point where you THINK you are getting great value but you have no idea if anyone else agrees or if you are just crazy.  And yes, Landry seemed a bit early to me.  In addition to Monk, there are a few other guys I thought were close but it's definitely getting thin and it was time to lock that WR2 spot down.

44 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’ll stsrt obnoxiously tauting my team when it’s done LOL?

I started prior to this draft. 

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That always makes me feel better :)  It's so hard at this point where you THINK you are getting great value but you have no idea if anyone else agrees or if you are just crazy.  And yes, Landry seemed a bit early to me.  In addition to Monk, there are a few other guys I thought were close but it's definitely getting thin and it was time to lock that WR2 spot down.

Getting thin?  I have two guys I may draft if I go 3 wide.  Both monsters and I bet nobody picks either.  I am trying to decide if I want a nice possession guy or go 3 wide and have Julio Jones be the slowest one. 

24 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I started prior to this draft. 

Getting thin?  I have two guys I may draft if I go 3 wide.  Both monsters and I bet nobody picks either.  I am trying to decide if I want a nice possession go to go 3 wide and have Julio Jones be the slowest one. 

Hmmmm think I know one but I’ll zip my lips 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice picks, @UntouchableCrew.  I was considering Joiner in the slot as well before I took Hines Ward, and Abraham was high on my board too. 

Thanks! Yeah I basically neglected WR until now and Joiner was one of the few high production HoF guys out there. Abraham was a monster sack guy, fits in with what I'm doing on defense. 

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Thanks! Yeah I basically neglected WR until now and Joiner was one of the few high production HoF guys out there. Abraham was a monster sack guy, fits in with what I'm doing on defense. 

Joiner was a great pick here.  He was my alternate if Monk went and it was almost a pick-em for me.  I love Abraham here also.  Would have been a good fit for me here as well.  

I’ll never forgive Abraham for not playing  the playoff game vs. Raiders. He would have been thrown off the team had he played in the 40’s or 50’s where players played with injuries most would take a season off to heal.

Archived