Now you understand why Tampa Bay canned Dungy?

SouthernJet

Understand,, this guy slows down a offense like mollasses when the pressure tigtens in playoffs,,

He had the Bucs go 4 straight playoff games without a Offensive TD,,

now this disaster,,

If Schottenheimer and Dungy faced each other in a playoff game they would need a rouge to break the scoreless tie,,,,

He's had an awful month. But no matter-this is his job. And it's clear that in a big spot he has no idea what he's doing. In fairness, he has little to do with the offense. A ranting lunatic isn't the best persona. But to be so passive and bland and passionless on the sidline-like Edwards was-I don't understand it at all. And it clearly had some nagtive effect on the Colts. They seemed dead most of the day. Now, a guy cannot get a personality transplant, but for God sakes,your hsitoric season is going down the drain.Show some emotion, some passion, some anger.

One thing I noticed-Freeney was allowed in all day so the Steelers could just screen pass right over and past him. Very effective vs. a one dimensional pass rusher like Freeney. And the Colts coaching staff did nothing to adjust for it. Dungy does have something to do with the defense, and that doesn't speak well of him as a coach. Something to think about RE-Abraham, who has been neutralized often by the same kind of screens.

The 2005 Colts could be the biggest fraud and choke in NFL history.

Dungy is going to get a pass and that's understanding. But he really sucks as an HC and under normal conditions he should be fired. The stage was set for the colts: the homefield, no patriots to worry about, heck even the refs were trying their hardest to push them to the next round by creating their own rules and not only did they choke again, but they didnt even win a game.

Dungy needs to go and that fat old man offensive coordinator should go with him. He is an overrated fraud who seldomly adjusts to anything.

The Colts need an offensive minded HC who will come in and and take control of the offense. The whole manning point and yell for 30 seconds at the line of scrimmage hasnt gotten them anywhere.

anyone else see 4th and 2 when Dungy sent the punt team out there and Manning told them to get back on the sideline?

I think that answers the question of who wears the pants around there.

I saw an interview with Dungy where he said that the punting team ran out on their own. Dungy had already decided to go for it.

Spin? Possibly.

I saw an interview with Dungy where he said that the punting team ran out on their own. Dungy had already decided to go for it.

Spin? Possibly.

...Could be but I think Big J is correct. Manning runs the show there and should be held accountable. But I remember posting here and discussing this in Miami...Peyton never shows up in the big games...and I knew Indy would lose. Everytime he has that big playoff game he doesnt show up. This instance he just showed up to late. People thought I was crazy for not wanting to be on the Indy wagon but my stance then and now is until he does something in a meaningful playoff game, like todays, I cant back Indy. They have great years and then nothing in the playoffs. The D bailed him out and then they couldnt give Vanderjagt 5 more yards...Peyton wants to throw into the endzone...a TD would be nice, but I would go for the tie unless I really close to the endzone. By close meaning at least inside the 20. But oh well, better luck next year Peyton... :lol:

i hate to say it, but the lose has to go on dungys shoulders, i agree. The D saved them there at the end a few times....even manning finally "showed up" in the 4th quarter...plus like you guys said, the refs tried to give them the game. Point is...with a great back like edge(and i know they had been stuffing him most of the day, but keep in mind they were on their heels, and felt the game slipping away from them) you HAVE to give him atleast one shot to get those 2 yards for the 1st down. Totally ridiculous that a run play wasnt called IMO. Had 2 timeouts remaining....just a total waste of what is one of the most, if not the most talented team in the NFL--goes to show you how big of a factor coaching really is. Kudos to the steelers, everyone wrote them off, but they came in there and fired away, they were the deserving team today.

Archived