Congrats Drew Brees

JohnnyLV

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I think we need to go through all of them.

um, Tom Brady just won the league MVP LAST YEAR.

And Todd Gurley should have won MVP in addition to OPOY with over 2000 scrimmage yards and 19 TDS 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Vader said:

Brady was the best game manager plus maybe ever, and was perhaps the most magical QB ever, until Moss. 

He remained great 10 years post Moss which invalidates the point. He was a part time college starter who was def hitting his prime right when Moss appeared on stage, the stars kind of aligned. Brees stunk until Rivers was drafted, it's almost as silly to credit Rivers with Brees becoming Brees

8 hours ago, CTM said:

Brees plays in a dome, has played for an offensive minded hc under the same system and always had talent around him. And those bad defenses you mention mean a lots of shootouts / pass attempts 

Great, great QB but to pretend hes not been in the ideal situation to rack up numbers is disingenuous.

Wow......

Well, I guess that is true for the top ten QB's on the all-time list.  IF it wasn't for all those receivers catching those passes....

Imagine if mayfield one day breaks the record? Two of shortest qbs ever will be 1 and 2 in all time passing yards, really ticking off the scouts who insist on measure tapes and speed gun. I’d like to think darnold would have a shot at it, but we know our foundation has been build on D and run game. Darnold will obviously be needed to come up big and believe he will. But Likely he won’t get anywhere near pass attempts as mayfield likely will..

19 minutes ago, CTM said:

He remained great 10 years post Moss which invalidates the point. He was a part time college starter who was def hitting his prime right when Moss appeared on stage, the stars kind of aligned. Brees stunk until Rivers was drafted, it's almost as silly to credit Rivers with Brees becoming Brees

It’s not a slight against Brady. He was a real good QB when the talent around him was lesser and the defense better. That NE defense was damn good early on. Statistically speaking though, it wasn’t until Moss that Bradys stats popped.

13 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Wow......

Well, I guess that is true for the top ten QB's on the all-time list.  IF it wasn't for all those receivers catching those passes....

You realize I was responding to someone who essentially said the only reason general perception that Brady > Bress is cause Moss and stuffs?

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

You realize I was responding to someone who essentially said the only reason general perception that Brady > Bress is cause Moss and stuffs?

That’s not what I said CTM. I said that Brady’s game evolved following the Moss acquisition, and that year was the first his stats were truly remarkable. Early in his career, that offense was more ball control and the defense was far more prominent.

The reason for the aura around Brady is that he just wins no matter what. That’s the perception.

But I wasn’t talking perception. I was talking statistics.

The claim was made that Drew Brees “is not even close to Tom Brady”.  And that his stats are reducible to dome games. And that Brady has really never had much talent to work with compared to Brees.

Think about those statement. That is the premise I think is wrong - and easily refuted 

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

That’s not what I said CTM. I said that Brady’s game evolved following the Moss acquisition, and that year was the first his stats were truly remarkable. Early in his career, that offense was more ball control and the defense was far more prominent.

The post CanadaSteve quoted was my initial post in thread which was a response to gjf, not you.

Archived