Congrats Drew Brees

JohnnyLV

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Did they set up the record? Something was fishy about that....

they show his family on field 

talk up record

first play Brees has wide open receiver 

DB makes ridiculously bad tackle attempt

trots to end zone

Oh nico nico nico. Don’t ever change.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I’ve been making it over and over again but here’s one more. Brees is going to end his career as the career leader in yards and touchdowns yet the whole case in his favor is excuses. Didn’t have Belichick. Didn’t have Moss. C*h*3*3*t*r*1*0*t*z. And of course per usual the case against Brady is Jets fans’ butt feelings.

Holy random inexplicable random punctuation.

You must be confused about how I feel about brady the cheat. Here:

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm biased. I'm on a Jets forum as a Jets fan who hates brady. I'll admit that. I also stay as objective as possible and go out of my way to credit brady for his career.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is hard to describe as an anomaly, because I would almost expect that he would have more INT's at home than the road, as one would think the weather at home would generally be worse that what he sees on the road.

The number of attempts in the splits are almost equal. I am stumped to explain it.

Yeah I don't get it. Again, if we saw drastic declines in his other metrics then we could conclude he just sucks on the road.

re: weather, he's playing a minimum of 2 road games a year in north east, which is 25% of that total. Maybe he sucks in the heat. I believe he's had some bad games down in Miami if memory serves and I think he often starts slow. I used to have a site that gave splits by temperature but I don't remember what it was or if it even exists anymore.

My guess is that it would be a couple of really bad games away, like 4/5 INT games that are pushing that total so high

Also, lost in all of these records is the total number of crocodiles these guys have wrestled on national television.

Crocodiles wrestled:

Brees: 1 crocodile

Peyton: 0 crocodiles

Brady: Negative crocodiles

Elway: 0 crocodiles

Marino: 0 crocodiles

Montana: 0 crocodiles

Favre: 0 crocodiles

Unitas: Nothing recorded but I'm sure he ****ed one up somewhere along the line.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Oh look, another one..

Hey remember that 1 time Brees played in in the snow in a conference championship in 2007 and lost 39-14?

Or.. the 1 time he played in the rain in the divisional round in 2014 and lost 23-15?

The vast majority of Brees's postseason games and basically all of his successes have happened in the confines of stat inflating domes. A quick glance shows the only playoff game I see Brees winning in the elements was 2014 against the Eagles, but he threw 1 TD and 2 INT's that game which again undermines the statistical comparison you are making.

It's apples to oranges.

I don’t think anyone debates that’s Brees and Brady are peers on the leaderboard and that people will disagree on preference. But the way in which you are buttressing Brady, and more, the ferocity with which you are denigrating Brees, is quite another thing.

brees and manning have Definitely benefitted from playing domes to some extent but Tom Brady is never going to shake the controversies that swirl around in the wind in foxboro. Deflategate, Espionage, the disgustingly positive officiating Brady has always benefitted from, from rule changes to non calls on holding, and the general rank stench around Patriot Way, Robert Kraft, BB, and Roger Goodell.

thats not a jets and saints fan talking. These are real issues.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also, lost in all of these records is the total number of crocodiles these guys have wrestled on national television.

Crocodiles wrestled:

Brees: 1 crocodile

Peyton: 0 crocodiles

Brady: Negative crocodiles

Elway: 0 crocodiles

Marino: 0 crocodiles

Montana: 0 crocodiles

Favre: 0 crocodiles

Unitas: Nothing recorded but I'm sure he ****ed one up somewhere along the line.

Let's be transparent, here.  Brady has wrestled dangerous animals.

69e2825576c931a128d135a5789e4bce.jpg

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I don’t think anyone debates that’s Brees and Brady are peers on the leaderboard and that people will disagree on preference. But the way in which you are buttressing Brady, and more, the ferocity with which you are denigrating Brees, is quite another thing.

brees and manning have Definitely benefitted from playing domes to some extent but Tom Brady is never going to shake the controversies that swirl around in the wind in foxboro. Deflategate, Espionage, the disgustingly positive officiating Brady has always benefitted from, from rule changes to non calls on holding, and the general rank stench around Patriot Way, Robert Kraft, BB, and Roger Goodell.

All top QB's get calls, Manning and Brees do as well. Happens in every sport.

I'm not denigrating Brees other than attacking this homerific idea that there's a bunch of "yeah buts" for Brady's accolades but not Brees. 

11 minutes ago, Vader said:

Playing in the dome is kind of offset by playing in the AFC East for 20 years. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have all for the most part- stunk.

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

All top QB's get calls, Manning and Brees do as well. Happens in every sport.

I'm not denigrating Brees other than attacking this homerific idea that there's a bunch of "yeah buts" for Brady's accolades but not Brees. 

What other sport has a QB?

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Playing in the dome is kind of offset by playing in the AFC East for 20 years. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have all for the most part- stunk.

It's almost like jet fans don't watch the Jets.  We were good for the first half of Brady's career, it's been easier for him since but how soon we forget how good we were.  

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

To be fair, without Walsh, Montana is a skinny 3rd rounder QB with a mediocre arm.   Without Shula, Johnny U is a 19th round pick of the Steelers, Steve Young was a USFL star without Walsh, Bart Starr was a nothing without Lombardi.

Most great QB's need a great HC, and vice versa.  The exception being Joe Gibbs in the 80s, who won with whatever.

Rogers is the best QB I have seen live.   I always gave it to Montana, but I was really more a kid then.   The rules are different, so it's hard to compare, people also forget young Joe could move around pretty well.

Brady has the best resume.   5 SB wins, 492 straight division titles, 2nd biggest salary earner in his family.

Johnny Unitas never won a single championship with Shula.

Weeb Ewbank and Don McCafferty were his coaches when he won titles.

25 minutes ago, Vader said:

Brees is an all time great, he's not close to Brady. 

As far as NE cheating, do we think belichick started doing that stuff when Tom stepped on the field?  Those are all excuses because he has whipped everyone for so long.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Without Belichick though, he's a 6th round scrub. Although, maybe without Belichik, he'd also have avoided the distinction of being the only QB in league history to be suspended for cheating, so, there's that.

Without Brady belichick is a defensive coordinator today.

We have seen BB without Brady and it's not pretty, we have never seen Brady without BB.  

7 full seasons without Brady the great Bill belichick has 5 losing seasons and just 1 wild card playoff app.

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Johnny Unitas never won a single championship with Shula.

Weeb Ewbank and Don McCafferty were his coaches when he won titles.

Parcells made 3 SBs without a single Hall of famer

Gibbs won 3 without a Hall of famer

Shula made a SB with David Woodley

Great coaches can win without great QBs, those that have had chances have succeeded. Bill belichick has only had real success with the greatest QB of all time. That should tell us something.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Disagree. I'm not going to go through the data but the offenses have been worse than the defenses, in general, which makes your point moot.  Pats played a 1st place schedule every year too and every team in the league has been gunning for them for 20 years, it's been the Jets/Bills and Fins annual SB during that time ;) 

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That’s a smart point. NE /Brady rose to prominence in the immediate aftermath of the Marino - Kelly Era. And the Testaverde/Pennington/Martin era simply never blew up. The AFCE was basically a dead zone. 

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

That’s a smart point. NE /Brady rose to prominence in the immediate aftermath of the Marino - Kelly Era. And the Testaverde/Pennington/Martin era simply never blew up. The AFCE was basically a dead zone. 

Yes. The road for New England to the playoffs then Super Bowl has been helped by how weak the division has been. The NFC South, while not the AFC North has been much better than the AFCE.

Id take Brady over Brees but if they swapped franchises New England is still dominant.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yes. The road for New England to the playoffs then Super Bowl has been helped by how weak the division has been. NFC South, while not the AFC North has been much better than the AFCE.

NE would dominate any division, their win percentage in the division and outside the division is very similar.  Part of the reason the division stinks is because of how dominant they have been.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. The road for New England to the playoffs then Super Bowl has been helped by how weak the division has been. The NFC South, while not the AFC North has been much better than the AFCE.

How many times since 2001 has NE lost more than 2 AFCE games?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

NE would dominate any division, their win percentage in the division and outside the division is very similar.  Part of the reason the division stinks is because of how dominant they have been.

The facts don’t bear that out

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

So the reason the Jets have stunk it up is because NE has been good?

Not buying what you're selling.

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

Yet, his passing splits are worse against the AFC east and the W/L is virtually identical. Next talking point?

image.png

Archived