SAM AT THE HALF WAY POINT

14 in Green

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Think Darnold is having a solid rookie campaign given circumtances. He's thrown more TDs than INTs. One big concern for him coming out of college was his abilty to hold onto the football because of small hands. That hasnt been a concern this year really

Darnold doesn’t have small hands 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, Philc1 said:

Sam has been the best of the rookie QBs so far

I'm not sure I've seen Sam do anything that has separated him from Baker, or even Rosen, who put together a nice game winning drive Sunday that we'd be talking about for weeks if Sam had done it. I'm curious what would lead you to make this statement in such a decisive way. I'd see nothing wrong with it if you led it with "I feel" or "I think"... I'm happy with Sam so far, but I just don't see the separation from the others yet. 

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

How would you know this, LOL? (Question I'm not sure I want answered....)

Measured at the combine...hands deemed average, Mayfield’s hands were a little smaller, don’t think it hinders his grip on the ball in any way.

Josh Allen’s hands were the largest, arm the strongest, tallest with the largest frame, how has that worked out?

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good call then, nico. I don't think we have anything to worry about with Sam, but nice job nipping that one in the bud.

9 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Measured at the combine...hands deemed average, Mayfield’s hands were a little smaller, don’t think it hinders his grip on the ball in any way.

Josh Allen’s hands were the largest, arm the strongest, tallest with the largest frame, how has that worked out?

What I said to nico just above this applies to you also. Thanks.

These next two games I think Sam should start to open up the offense. Go for the tight throws instead of safer ones to push it down the field.

I know the WR's aren't there but take advantage of the next two opponents by pushing it downfield.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, nico002 said:

Darnold doesn’t have small hands 

His issue was not the size of his hands but that his improvisational style contributed to him being a bit careless with the ball and he held it low with one hand too often.  Now you see him with two hands on the ball more often and when he cocks his arm to throw he holds the ball higher.  This is definitely something he was worked on.  Fumbling has not been the problem it was his sophomore year at SC.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:39 PM, southtown24th said:

it was 2009-2012, not 1978.  Let's not fool around, Mark Sanchez sucked and Sam's overall trajectory is head and shoulders above that.  Sanchez's numbers SUCKED.

it still wasn't anywhere near the same as 2018.  Mark's rookie year was a good one, as it stands right now he was better than Sam has been but hopefully Sam finishes strong.

I thought he would struggle alot because of the O-Line and his lack of a top #1 WR.

I don't know if anyone listened to Boomer and Gio this moring but I know Boomer said he thinks at this point put McCown in for the Buffalo just to give Darnold a bit of a blow and let him watch and kind of reset himself and I agree with that. He looks like these 8 games have taken a toll on him with the O-Line being up and down. Your center can't get the ball back to him in a shotgun. Anderson, Q and Powell have been hurt and missed time and it looks like right now he doesn't know what to do back there.

Maybe give him this week and the bye week off to recharge and reset and put him back in there against NE. 

Archived