SAM AT THE HALF WAY POINT

14 in Green

My point is that I don’t see negativity. The idea that is there would have been a an controversy after week 3 because of teddy is absurd. It’s a genius troll move though... since a hypothetical can’t be proven wrong. 

Your point is that you don’t read and then jump to conclusions. That leads you to saying all sorts of things that don’t apply to the conversation. Then, when the hole gets deep enough you resort to name calling.
Then... you create a fantasy where someone is a mastermind “genius” troll.
Hey... I will say that if I have to be a troll, it sure is nice to be one of the genius variety.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Your point is that you don’t read and then jump to conclusions. That leads you to saying all sorts of things that don’t apply to the conversation. Then, when the hole gets deep enough you resort to name calling.
Then... you create a fantasy where someone is a mastermind “genius” troll.
Hey... I will say that if I have to be a troll, it sure is nice to be one of the genius variety.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A02DF656-C8C9-4A65-BDF9-FC9C4C462D67-11022-00000A3246B3786E.jpeg

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

ah, @nico002, my poor nico, you knocked it out of the park with your first post in this thread. @Patriot Killa and I were so proud of you.... But alas, you just can't help yourself. Take a few moments, calm down, go back and look again at the posts @GREENBEAN  left, and read what he was saying.

Back to the Sam Darnold closet shrine for long meditation, much needed prayers and spiritual healing.

“Shed thy skin to wear anew, Sam Richard Darnold a flare of truth”

Sam has been fantastic. Still cant believe he fell into our laps. He's played beyond my expectations considering the numerous issues with this team. He's just a young kid 21 and really should have sat for a year but playing time is invaluable experience so I'm ok with him starting.  The OL is a joke. He rarely has time to throw and is constantly under pressure. The running game is hampered by the lack of an OL allowing defenses to play the pass.  A running game is young QB's best friend. Thus he is constantly in 2nd and 3rd and long compounded by Bates' vanilla play calling which has been abysmal. Sam has very few weapons and now nearly all of them are injured and when they're not, they are far from elite to begin with (blame Macc there).  Sam's leadership has been stellar. He is not a prima donna. You don't see him throwing fits during the game or at press conferences. He's a bright, mature, no nonsense kid.  He has displayed outstanding vision, has answered the claim that he cant throw deep, has excellent touch, very good pocket presence, knows how to prolong a play, and has decent escalability.  He's accurate and doesn't put his wr's in harm's way. He has shown flashes in the 2 minute drive. He's outstanding in the red zone.  He's improved on what was the biggest fear of the fanbase - turnovers.  No fumbles, and the INT's have been minimal and often not entirely his fault. Screw the 3-5 record. I'm more focused on what Sam has done with what he has to work with. Half these clowns wont even be here in 2 years.  This kid's ceiling is through the roof. Sam is the real deal.

Where have I seen him improve?

- Using his legs a bit more and has become very efficient at his sneak on 3 and 1

- His feet have calmed down and he moves more purposefully in the pocket

- like his demeanor on sideline - Romo was calling out how he was getting the team pumped up on sideline yesterday. Becoming more of a leader.

- Getting to line of scrimmage faster.

My fear is that the lack of ingenuity at the OC position and lack of talent will end up frustrating him to the point of regression. He is NOT being developed ... He's being handcuffed. We need to drafting but OL and WR next year. Spend cash on OLBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

ah, @nico002, my poor nico, you knocked it out of the park with your first post in this thread. @Patriot Killa and I were so proud of you.... But alas, you just can't help yourself. Take a few moments, calm down, go back and look again at the posts @GREENBEAN  left, and read what he was saying.

That's interesting. I didn't know you could "mention" someone in a comment and the poster would receive an alert.  Now I know. Thanks man 

7 hours ago, nico002 said:

I'll allow this. 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

My fear is that the lack of ingenuity at the OC position and lack of talent will end up frustrating him to the point of regression. He is NOT being developed ... He's being handcuffed. We need to drafting but OL and WR next year. Spend cash on OLBs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It’ll only be for 1 year and I think he knows this. I’m sure McCown is telling him not to be frustrated by this and to use this year to adjust to NFL speed in not ideal conditions.

It’ll only get easier with weapons and different coaches. That’s probably the only thing that keeps Sam from going crazy because I’m sure he HATES losing and this loser mentality that is the Todd Bowles Jets. Gutless, sh*t show. 

Sam Darnold, Jamal Adams, Darron Lee, Jason Meyers, Jeremy Bates, Christopher Johnson, & Brian Heimerdinger. They get a life raft. 

Everyone else needs to go. And if some prodigal talent like Sean McVay comes around, then Jeremy walks the plank as well.

Sam has looked about as good as a rookie can look with the sh*t hand he’s been dealt. The only way he’ll have a chance to become the FQB we’ve all been dreaming for is if the players, FO, and coaching staff around him gives him a chance.

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The Jets have played 8 games, and Sam has started them all. The team sits at 3-5, which sadly, is about where most of us thought we'd be. This year wasn't supposed to be one where we worried too much about our record, but about developing our rookie QB. Statistically, it doesn't look good for Sam or the other 3 rookie QBs taken in the 1st round in last years draft. We've gotten to watch Darnold closely for half a season now, and here's my question. Do you see any progress being made by him so far? If so, in what way do you feel he's improved from week 1? If you aren't happy with his development, what do you feel he or the coaching staff needs to change? Lets not try to turn this into a "we need to get him a new HC" fest, and just keep the conversation about Sam and the offense.

Can we complain about Bates' game plans?

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Progress from day one? Oh yeah. I think Sam will finish about 22 TD’s 15 INT’s and 3,000-some yards. 

He’s look up and down as I expected. The other guys have looked up and down too but none look better than Sam at the moment - when considering the weapons he has to work with.

One really good true wideout would make such a difference.  Enunwa is basically an undersized TE---which is fine.  That is who he is.  Robby is a bit of a one trick pony.  Good assets, close--but no cigar

I wish we could have seen Sam with Morton as OC for an apples to apples comparison with what McCown did last year. Morton/McCown were the only reasons that the Jets “overachieved” last year and firing Morton(the first competent OC that we’ve had in a long time) is coming back to bite Bowles right in the *ss. 

11 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Let's give Darnold some kudos for the following:

He has gone 8 straight games and yet no Jets fans are calling for his replacement or to draft another franchise QB next year

That is actually quite an accomplishment with this fan base. 

Well, about that...

11 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He's been ok. The talent around him stinks. The coaching staff stinks. However he hasnt been good enough to not scout the incoming class, especially if Bowles and Macc get canned. There hasnt been any "he's definitely the guy" moments.

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Don’t think I’m calling for anything. The Jets need a new talent guy first and foremost. Having this little depth at the skill spots is insane. 

This is at least the 3rd time I've seen you suggest the Jets should be drafting a QB next year 8 games into Sam Darnold's career.  You were doing it after week 3.  lol  Calling vs suggesting?  I guess there's a difference.  No biggie either way.  You're not hurting my feelings.  I think you're take on Sam is completely off and the idea of drafting another QB is ridiculous but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I see a star in the making and the last thing I would do is draft another QB, especially not in the 1st round.  I'd rather use those resources to invest in supporting Sam instead of giving up on the youngest week 1 starter in NFL history 8 weeks into his career, leading one of the worst offensive units in the NFL being developed by the league's worst coaching staff. 

I think hes doing just fine for a rookie qb with barely any real talent around him. We lost anderson, enunwa, and Powell. All 3 if which are ok role players but none is an elite player. Yet they were 3 of the 4 best skill players we had. And our oline isnt very good either.

IMO Darnold has improved every game since the beginning of the year, and in time is going to be a top QB in the NFL.

Unfortunately at this point of the season it's hard to see it because of injuries to WR's and poor play of the OL.  Yesterday he was only sacked once.  If you only looked at the stats you would assume the OL did a good job.  In reality Darnold made the OL look better then it was.  6-7 times or more yesterday, 2 seconds after the ball was snapped , Sam was chased to his right , and had to either throw the ball at someone's feet , or throw it out of bounds down the right sideline.  A less mobile QB may have been sacked 4-5 more times.  When a QB is running for his life it's really hard for him to display his improvement.

IMO, against the Fish and Bills, he is going to look a lot better, then struggle a bit again as the opponents get tougher.  It was good to see him make a connection again with his ole buddy Tay.

Think when Enunwa gets back his completion % will get back up, but it's going to be hard to rate him against good defensive teams because the OL isn't going to improve this year.

IMO the kid is fine, his improvement has been somewhat stunted because the team in general isn't good.

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

This is simple.  He’s exactly where I expected him to be, especially considering what he is working with on this offense.  He will be the guy, It’s just a matter of how fast this front office gives him the tools to do so.  

in the 2nd half yesterday when the jets were actually trying to score, driving for their only td, it occurred to me - the running game isn't protecting darnold anymore.  he's the best guy on that offense and he doesn't want to keep handing it off when they're losing.  he can avoid the rush most of the time.  the running game protects the coach, by keeping the score close, and the gm, who otherwise has to have guys like romo comment that nobody is open, darnold has nobody to throw to, they need to overhaul the offense, etc.  

what disappoints me so much is that when bowles believes he can't win, he has this strategy to keep it close by running and punting, and hoping the other team makes a mistake in the 4th quarter.  you'd think they'd run a trick play every once in a while - a flea flicker would really fool a defense that is geared towards stopping crowell.  

in year 4 of bowles it's clear it does not matter who the qb is or who the OC is. the gameplans remain the same.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

in the 2nd half yesterday when the jets were actually trying to score, driving for their only td, it occurred to me - the running game isn't protecting darnold anymore.  he's the best guy on that offense and he doesn't want to keep handing it off when they're losing.  he can avoid the rush most of the time.  the running game protects the coach, by keeping the score close, and the gm, who otherwise has to have guys like romo comment that nobody is open, darnold has nobody to throw to, they need to overhaul the offense, etc.  

what disappoints me so much is that when bowles believes he can't win, he has this strategy to keep it close by running and punting, and hoping the other team makes a mistake in the 4th quarter.  you'd think they'd run a trick play every once in a while - a flea flicker would really fool a defense that is geared towards stopping crowell.  

in year 4 of bowles it's clear it does not matter who the qb is or who the OC is. the gameplans remain the same.  

Agree.  That’s why I stated yesterday there needs to be a total change in philosophy for the HC and the GM.  Mac has been here for 4 drafts and 4 free agency periods and he has refused to use any decent assets on offensive playmakers.  You have an awful overall philosophy right now, you have a defensive conservative HC paired with a GM who seems to not place a very high premium on acquiring legit playmakers.  People can debate that, but the facts are there, just look at his draft record and the free agents he’s signed.  There is no way I allow this duo to hamstring my young QB any longer.  

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

This is at least the 3rd time I've seen you suggest the Jets should be drafting a QB next year 8 games into Sam Darnold's career.  You were doing it after week 3.  lol  Calling vs suggesting?  I guess there's a difference.  No biggie either way.  You're not hurting my feelings.  I think you're take on Sam is completely off and the idea of drafting another QB is ridiculous but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

I see a star in the making and the last thing I would do is draft another QB, especially not in the 1st round.  I'd rather use those resources to invest in supporting Sam instead of giving up on the youngest week 1 starter in NFL history 8 weeks into his career, leading one of the worst offensive units in the NFL being developed by the league's worst coaching staff. 

Agreed. He is a clown who either is trolling or doesn't know jacksh*t about football

Archived