Kacy Rodgers Press Conference

Maxman

6 hours ago, Matthew007b said:

thing I noticed was the hat... bright green with a *EDIT* gray stripe down the side... 

probably thinking too much into it but.. future colors?

jets.png

That’s an ugly hat an and an uglier sweatshirt. And who’s KC Rodgers anyways? ??‍♂️

10 hours ago, Drums said:

I wanted to make a post about this press conference and now I can. Thanks Maxman.

My main point is.. Kacy is way too happy in this. No wonder why our defense is terrible. This guy should be pissed off but he's all smiles like we're undefeated and our defense hasn't let up more than 1 point all season. Pathetic.

he is hapy because he has grossly overpaid for years and buddy Todd is responsible

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seems like a really good guy and I bet the players like him a lot. He also seems like he just might not be on the cutting edge of his chosen field. Almost like he is playing catch up and reacting to all of the great coaches and play callers in the game today. He sounds like he would be much happier if things stayed the same as when he cut his teeth in the game. 

He will be a position coach moving forward IMO. 

This highlights, while we have good men running our team, just how exciting it will be to get some real coaches in here. The NFL has been kicking this guy's a$$ for the past few years. He's does not have the solutions nor will his designs be catching anyone off guard. 

"God I hope we don't see any RPO's this weekend."  lol

And there you have it. How can you PREPARE a defense for things you don't yet understand yourself? Wow, I can't wait to see the difference with this defense with just a coaching change. He's clueless, and now I know why every week the defense looks clueless. They're all kind of on their own out there, trying to just use what they already know innately from past experience. 

Problem is the younger guys have to just go by instinct, and when your not experienced that means getting out of position frequently.

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

And there you have it. How can you PREPARE a defense for things you don't yet understand yourself? Wow, I can't wait to see the difference with this defense with just a coaching change. He's clueless, and now I know why every week the defense looks clueless. They're all kind of on their own out there, trying to just use what they already know innately from past experience. 

Problem is the younger guys have to just go by instinct, and when your not experienced that means getting out of position frequently.

right?  He didn't really have a solid answer to why guys were out of position. Just to say that it was a miscommunication. If that's the case then there are quite literally dozens of miscommunications a game which is a very damning revelation. Nice guy. Likes to laugh. That's really great, but not as the only real redeeming quality for the number one coordinator on our staff. 

I'm looking forward to the coaching change more than ever. God I hope we get it right. 

McCarthy would be delightful! 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

right?  He didn't really have a solid answer to why guys were out of position. Just to say that it was a miscommunication. If that's the case then there are quite literally dozens of miscommunications a game which is a very damning revelation. Nice guy. Likes to laugh. That's really great, but not as the only real redeeming quality for the number one coordinator on our staff. 

I'm looking forward to the coaching change more than ever. God I hope we get it right. 

McCarthy would be delightful! 

They used the "miscommunication" excuse in 2015!

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

He made REX look like a Princeton Scholar.  I absolutely believe my garbage man is more astute and clear in his thoughts.   If he sat next to me in a bar to talk football, I’d move down a few chairs.  

We have the what??? 26th ranked defense?   Thanks Kacy... you are a dumb POS. 

the whole bowles/kacy thing underscores the problem with hiring first head coaches and coordinators together.  neither bowles nor rogers had any experience in their current positions before coming to the jets.  and bowles didn't even have much as a defensive coordinator.  rogers was a dline coach.  maybe these guys were good as position coaches but taken on the whole and it becomes a serious mess.

Archived