Kacy Rodgers Press Conference

Maxman

Todd: Kacy you go face the media today I have to start packing up my office. 

Kacy: Sure thing boss I can still call you boss right

Todd: Yes then even after Monday I won't be your boss but you can still call me boss.

Kacy: Aww shucks Todd you are my hero thanks for never firing me.

I wanted to make a post about this press conference and now I can. Thanks Maxman.

My main point is.. Kacy is way too happy in this. No wonder why our defense is terrible. This guy should be pissed off but he's all smiles like we're undefeated and our defense hasn't let up more than 1 point all season. Pathetic.

Ouch this was tough to watch. The guy just admitted he is way over his head and doesn't know how to defend the new age offenses and liked it better when it was run 1st and 2nd down throw the ball on third down. This actually gets me excited for next year it may just be our completely inept coaching and game plan that is the reason for the poor defense.

This is kind of strange.  Like @Beerfish I can't remember seeing this guy speak before.

IMO this was kind of a weird time to have him address the media.  Think it's a strong sign the current CS is gone.  I know a lot of posters are 100% sure Bowles is gone.  I wasn't.  Yes, he should be gone.  I just wasn't sure CJ had the chops to do it..

Funny thing is I don't think Rogers came off badly in the interview.  He seemed a hell of a lot smarter then I thought he was going to be.  

Just now, flgreen said:

This is kind of strange.  Like @Beerfish I can't remember seeing this guy speak before.

IMO this was kind of a weird time to have him address the media.  Think it's a strong sign the current CS is gone.  I know a lot of posters are 100% sure Bowles is gone.  I wasn't.  Yes, he should be gone.  I just wasn't sure CJ had the chops to do it..

Funny thing is I don't think Rogers came off badly in the interview.  He seemed a hell of a lot smarter then I thought he was going to be.  

They do it once a year 

He is not a good public speaker 

17 minutes ago, Drums said:

I wanted to make a post about this press conference and now I can. Thanks Maxman.

My main point is.. Kacy is way too happy in this. No wonder why our defense is terrible. This guy should be pissed off but he's all smiles like we're undefeated and our defense hasn't let up more than 1 point all season. Pathetic.

He's doing a public job interview for his next employer.

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

They do it once a year 

Do they always do it before the last game?  I honestly don't know.  Just seemed like the timing is odd.

Your right he's not a trained public speaker.  Seemed very self conscious.  I did think he came off as very likable.  Could be because I was expecting a cretin.   

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Do they always do it before the last game?  I honestly don't know.  Just seemed like the timing is odd.

Your right he's not a trained public speaker.  Seemed very self conscious.  I did think he come off as very likable.  Could be because I was expecting a cretin.   

Yes 

Last years was worse actually lol

3 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

thing I noticed was the hat... bright green with a green stripe down the side... 

probably thinking too much into it but.. future colors?

jets.png

Kacy I know you are about to be fired in a few days but if you could help us plug the new merchandise before then that would be great.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Your right he's not a trained public speaker.  Seemed very self conscious.  I did think he come off as very likable.  Could be because I was expecting a cretin.   

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

They do it once a year 

Pretty sure they do it once a week. The OC and DC speak with the media. 

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Pretty sure they do it once a week. The OC and DC speak with the media. 

Yes, the NFL requires teams to make coordinators available to the press at least once a week during the season. Bates and Rogers don’t  usually say anything interesting so most people don’t notice. 

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He did come off as likable, but not on top of things.  He's the kind of guy who's so nice he's tough to fire, but he needs to be.

This is kind of strange.  Like [mention=28594]Beerfish[/mention] I can't remember seeing this guy speak before.

Kacy has spoken before. Not sure if it's twice a month or what. Last time on 12/20. Probably last PC before post season PC...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

Fidgeting and mumbling was what I saw.  Bet he gets a HC interview though.

This is what we learned.  #!.  NFL Offenses are innovative and challenging.  #2.  Kacey Rodgers has no clue on how to adapt to stopping them at this present time.  #3  The Jets defense knows that they suck and should be embarrassed and probably are.  #4.  Kacey Rodgers is in over his head and has been for a long time. #4  Like Todd Bowles Kacey Rodgers has little clue what happened,  {He has to look at the tape, after having looked at the tape} but realizes that a defense giving up 500 yards in a single game is a "bad thing"  Goody. 

Archived