Your Top 3 - Stack your board as of January 2019

jetstream23

LIke many of you, I'm desperately hoping the Jets can trade down to the 6-10 range in the first round in order to pick up some addition picks, so my list is based on who could be available then.

Cody Ford OT - Crazy athleticism for a man his size, he could come in and start immediately at guard or RT. Has the potential to be a perennial All Pro. One of the top 3 players in this draft IMO.

Clelin Ferrell DE - Prototype DE (6'-5" 265lbs) for our new 4-3 defense he is durable, has a high motor with proven production against college football's best. Plug him in as a starter for the next 5-6 years as a reliable run stopper and a top edge rusher. One of the safest picks in this draft.

Jonah Williams OT - Not as much upside as Ford but will start a long time in this league as a tackle or guard. The Jets must upgrade the O Line and there is not much available in free agency so Williams is a solid pick to build around for the future.

6 hours ago, Mackman55 said:

LIke many of you, I'm desperately hoping the Jets can trade down to the 6-10 range in the first round in order to pick up some addition picks, so my list is based on who could be available then.

Cody Ford OT - Crazy athleticism for a man his size, he could come in and start immediately at guard or RT. Has the potential to be a perennial All Pro. One of the top 3 players in this draft IMO.

Clelin Ferrell DE - Prototype DE (6'-5" 265lbs) for our new 4-3 defense he is durable, has a high motor with proven production against college football's best. Plug him in as a starter for the next 5-6 years as a reliable run stopper and a top edge rusher. One of the safest picks in this draft.

Jonah Williams OT - Not as much upside as Ford but will start a long time in this league as a tackle or guard. The Jets must upgrade the O Line and there is not much available in free agency so Williams is a solid pick to build around for the future.

If we are somehow able to trade back, Ford would be a great player to target.  Having a guard that can hold up at the POA and also has the athleticism to get out in space is huge for the Oline as a whole.  

Unless Shell has  nerve damage or tore all 3 knee ligaments, then we should not even be thinking about a RT.  He is a good player, who should be able to be signed for a reasonable long term contract.  

Signing a center, keeping Long at LG, and putting someone like Ford in for winters would really solidify the group, even with Beahcem having to hold the LT spot one more season.

On 1/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Paradis said:

Not bad. You like Butler that much hey? 

If i could pick 3 players *realistically* post-RND1 that i could guarantee would make it onto the Jets roster -- 

1. Jalen Hurd, durr
  2. Dexter Williams
  3. Keelan Doss

I'm watching more Josh Jacobs, and having a hard time denying the flashes of what could be. Can i have both Williams and Jacobs? We could totally overhaul the RB stable and it would do nothing but benefit this team. 

Paradis... you and Jalen Hurd... lol. I can remember watching him torch kids when he was in HS. He was a big deal around here. 

His junior year my friend was like, "hey you want to go watch a Beach HS game?" I'm like ,uh... I don't know, you just want to go watch that RB don't you (my fried is a U Tenn. Alum and was hoping Hurd would go there). So here are some 30 year olds going to watch this kid kill it. 

FTR I'd be good with all 3 of these and Josh Jacobs to me is a guy I would love to have.

49 minutes ago, Stark said:

Paradis... you and Jalen Hurd... lol. I can remember watching him torch kids when he was in HS. He was a big deal around here. 

His junior year my friend was like, "hey you want to go watch a Beach HS game?" I'm like ,uh... I don't know, you just want to go watch that RB don't you (my fried is a U Tenn. Alum and was hoping Hurd would go there). So here are some 30 year olds going to watch this kid kill it. 

FTR I'd be good with all 3 of these and Josh Jacobs to me is a guy I would love to have.

Lol, yea... it's a pretty bad case of the Man Crush.... I've been following him closely since pre-Kamara at UT. I saw lot of the things that drew me to David Johnson... Didn't know what to think in the wake of his sudden transfer and changing of position... i was like - oh my sweet Hurd, what's happened to you....

But, he looked good at Baylor. Really good. Boner re-engaged. If you can't tell, i have a real fascination with things that fit into the TE/HBack universe, which I believe you can get a little bit of everything out of Hurd. Deep posts, shallow crosses, bubble screens, counter-draws -- you name it.

A true Universal Soldier. 

And those are the guys who can really help you win a close game.. ie. this past weekend. 

Archived