Your Top 3 - Stack your board as of January 2019

jetstream23

We're still several months away but as of Jan. 4, 2019 the Jets are sitting on the #3 pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Let's assume they stay there and you're guaranteed to get one of your top 3 prospects, what would your board look like?

1. ______________________

2. ______________________

3. ______________________

Top three....Ok maybe four:

Oliver

Bosa

Haskins/  Quennin Williams.

Jonah Williams is close to cracking that top three with a dominant performance Monday.

And then next month will happen.

1 - bosa (i guess)

2 - Allen

3 - Oliver

4 - williams 

The variation (Lack of) in these replies says it all.  We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1. that would be more interesting and fun to track in 4 months.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

1 - bosa (i guess)

2 - Allen

3 - Oliver

4 - williams 

The variation (Lack of) in these replies says it all.  We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1. that would be more interesting and fun to track in 4 months.

I like that.....today off the top of my head,

Hakeem Butler

Ross Pierschbacher 

Devin Singletary 

I reserve the right to change my mind several,times between now and the draft.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I like that.....today off the top of my head,

Hakeem Butler

Ross Pierschbacher 

Devin Singletary 

I reserve the right to change my mind several,times between now and the draft.  

Not bad. You like Butler that much hey? 

If i could pick 3 players *realistically* post-RND1 that i could guarantee would make it onto the Jets roster -- 

1. Jalen Hurd, durr
  2. Dexter Williams
  3. Keelan Doss

I'm watching more Josh Jacobs, and having a hard time denying the flashes of what could be. Can i have both Williams and Jacobs? We could totally overhaul the RB stable and it would do nothing but benefit this team. 

Just now, Paradis said:

Not bad. You like Butler that much hey? 

If i could pick 3 players *realistically* post-RND1 that i could guarantee would make it onto the Jets roster -- 

1. Jalen Hurd, durr
  2. Dexter Williams
  3. Keelan Doss

I'm watching more Josh Jacobs, and having a hard time denying the the flash of what could be. Can i have both Williams and Jacobs? We could totally overhaul the RB stable and it would do nothing but benefit this team. 

I think Butler can be effective.  I think there is more to him than what he’s shown in college.  They used him in the slot in 2017 and he presented some interesting issues for defenses.  I’m not drafting him to be Calvin Johnson or anyone like that, but with his length can help in the red zone.   You pair him with a kid like your boy Doss, add Quincy, Anderson and a Humphries, you finally have a serviceable WR group.   

1. Bosa- EDGE

2. J.Williams- OT

3. G.Little- OT

Bosa is obviously the top dog in nearly everyones mock. After that the Jets desperately need a plug and play top rated OT. I'd be happy with either Williams or Little.

Having said that. If Bosa doesn't somehow slide to 3, I think the Jets should trade down within the top 15 where they can still get Little.  

21 hours ago, Paradis said:

We should have a top 3 people you want to see make it on the team outside of rnd 1.

There will be a ton of posts about Rd 2 and so on as the draft approaches. Right now, the top three are much easier to gage. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:29 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah. I think oliver is 6'2  265.

As much as I love him I do have concerns about his weight. I'm guessing around 6'2" and 285-290 and I would be fine with that. He's dynamic and a good DC will play him all over the line and maybe a bit at LB. 

10 hours ago, PepPep said:

1. Bosa- EDGE

2. J.Williams- OT

3. G.Little- OT

Bosa is obviously the top dog in nearly everyones mock. After that the Jets desperately need a plug and play top rated OT. I'd be happy with either Williams or Little.

Having said that. If Bosa doesn't somehow slide to 3, I think the Jets should trade down within the top 15 where they can still get Little.  

Greg Little is not, and should not be on any list as top 3. Maybe for the second round.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CTM said:

1) Trade back

2) Trade back

3) Trade back 

The last time the Jets traded down in (or out of) the first round was for Mike Nugent and Doug Jolley, missing Roddy White, Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and a handful of other ten-year starters. The time before that was to pass on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior and a pile of pig sh*t. Everybody wants to trade down every year but the Jets don't do it and are awful at it anyway.

36 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The last time the Jets traded down in (or out of) the first round was for Mike Nugent and Doug Jolley, missing Roddy White, Heath Miller, Logan Mankins, and a handful of other ten-year starters. The time before that was to pass on Orlando Pace and Walter Jones for James Farrior and a pile of pig sh*t. Everybody wants to trade down every year but the Jets don't do it and are awful at it anyway.

Doug Jolley night lol, brings back memories of that freakout. I think Pac was one of the few pro Jolley posters, not much has changed.

And while I appreciate you listing who we missed out on we both know we'd actually have taken whomever was the bust selected closest to our original pick.

On 1/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The Jets are awful at drafting in general 

Archived