Poll - Your Preference for Jets HC Adam Gase to Hire as DC

JetsFanatic

Poll - Your preference of who Jets HC Adam Gase should hire as DC  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Your preference of who Jets HC Adam Gase should hire as DC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 05:00 PM

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I want Gregg Williams, so if history is any guide, the Jets will hire Rob Ryan as DC.

The Ryan's are the most OVERRATED DC's in NFL history. They left NY and went to Buffalo, where Gregg Williams had just left with a top-5 defense and turned it into one of the worst units in the league. They are too rigid and unbending and try to force personnel into roles they are not good at or used to. They think their scheme is infallable and they are WRONG.

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I voted Williams. Seems like kind of a gamble to add his personality to the mix but I do genuinely believe he can take our current defensive talent to the next level.

I also voted Williams and I hope he gets the job but I think Vance Joseph has the inside track because he worked with Gase in Denver. Coaches like familiarity in their coordinators.

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I also voted Williams and I hope he gets the job but I think Vance Joseph has the inside track because he worked with Gase in Denver. Coaches like familiarity in their coordinators.

I wouldn't hate Joseph, all three choices are solid, IMO. But I was underwhelmed with what Joseph did with the defense in Denver.

It's a product of bias of course, but watching the Jets offense annihilate the Broncos defense for 330 yards rushing didn't make me think "we need to hire the guy responsible for this stop unit."

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I voted Williams, but honestly, Pagano might be the smartest choice.

As far as I know, he’s the only one who runs a base 3-4. 

I’d personally love to transition to more or a 4-3, but we’d have to really retool some areas on defense to make it happen. Guys like Jenkins, Anderson, etc wouldn’t really have a place. We also don’t have a 3-tech DT on the roster. If anything, it would probably make it even more likely that a guy like Quinnen Williams is the pick at #3.

Poor Henry Anderson if we switch back to a 4-3.  Before the Colts traded him, he lost a bunch of weight because the Colts were switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3.  He had to gain it all back when he got traded to the Jets.  Now, he'll have to lose it again.

That dude is gonna end up with diabetes or something.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I voted Williams, but honestly, Pagano might be the smartest choice.

As far as I know, he’s the only one who runs a base 3-4. 

I’d personally love to transition to more or a 4-3, but we’d have to really retool some areas on defense to make it happen. Guys like Jenkins, Anderson, etc wouldn’t really have a place. We also don’t have a 3-tech DT on the roster. If anything, it would probably make it even more likely that a guy like Quinnen Williams is the pick at #3.

Yup this is exactly why I picked Pagano as well.....I think it would be a burden to have to install a new defense while we are also installing/retooling the offense at the same time. 

Archived