Poll - Your Preference for Jets HC Adam Gase to Hire as DC

JetsFanatic

Poll - Your preference of who Jets HC Adam Gase should hire as DC  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Your preference of who Jets HC Adam Gase should hire as DC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 05:00 PM

57 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I want Gregg Williams, so if history is any guide, the Jets will hire Rob Ryan as DC.

Back of my  mind, little screeching voice that is likely Woody Johnson on a bad cell phone from London keeps mentioning how much he would like his good buddy Rex Ryan to come back to Florham Park as DC so they can get the band back together on the days The Ambassador wants to come home for a long weekend or 3. When you consider what a big deal the Jets have made about assistants this go around, this is not an entirely misplaced fear. Ryan has been on ESPN and his best behavior for exactly such a chance at career rehab. 

Odd story today in NYP is Giants kicking tires on Kacey Rodgers. Good luck with that. 

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Prob Greg Williams but I am keeping an open mind. I’ll be happy with any top flight coordinator Gase chooses.

I'm sorry but you don't get how this works. You must love one option and then tell us why the other options would be a disaster and that if we don't hire your guy you will fall into a state of depression. 

1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Can anyone explain why anyone thinks Gase is a good HC and why the **** the Jets hired him?  

Can anyone explain why anyone thinks Pederson is a good HC and why the **** the Eagles hired him?  NYMick 2016

Can anyone explain why anyone thinks McVay is a good HC and why the **** the Rams hired him? - NYMick 2017

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gregg Williams 100%

But it's not going to happen.

If I am Gregg Williams I am going to the highest bidder.  He is a coaching mercenary at this point and unlikely to be a HC again.  

All of these young offensive HCs hired need experienced DCs.  That is the model that is hot now, and currently successful.  The Jets are now bidding against 7 other teams for Gregg Williams and others.  If they win, which I doubt, it will be a sign that the Chris and the Jets are evolving.  

33 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Can anyone explain why anyone thinks Pederson is a good HC and why the **** the Eagles hired him?  NYMick 2016

Can anyone explain why anyone thinks McVay is a good HC and why the **** the Rams hired him? - NYMick 2017

That make zero since and has nothing to do with Gase. Pederson worked his way up through the Eagles then went to KC and they team did good then went back to the Eagles, he never coached for the rival team, did an awful job and was hated by the players. The same for McVay. 

43 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Can someone explain why Vance Joseph is considered a Good DC?  As far as I can tell, he has only been DC for 1 year and it wasn't great.

Didn’t the Dolphins finish 4th in total defense when he was their DC? He was good enough to land a head coaching gig .. then again so was Bowles 

48 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm sorry but you don't get how this works. You must love one option and then tell us why the other options would be a disaster and that if we don't hire your guy you will fall into a state of depression. 

well u know what....people should be clearer on the rules ?

Gregg Williams.  This defense needs a kick in the a**.  This team walked all over Bowles.  Will be a tough transition for some of our underachievers, but they'll either have to get in line or be exposed quickly.  It's a talented defense, but a lot of guys who have been "just getting by" or flat out dogging it.  Williams is as demanding a coach as any, but he'd get the most out of our players IMO.

25 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That make zero since and has nothing to do with Gase. Pederson worked his way up through the Eagles then went to KC and they team did good then went back to the Eagles, he never coached for the rival team, did an awful job and was hated by the players. The same for McVay. 

Right, and Gase was construction worker before the Jets hired him.

I voted Williams, but honestly, Pagano might be the smartest choice.

As far as I know, he’s the only one who runs a base 3-4. 

I’d personally love to transition to more or a 4-3, but we’d have to really retool some areas on defense to make it happen. Guys like Jenkins, Anderson, etc wouldn’t really have a place. We also don’t have a 3-tech DT on the roster. If anything, it would probably make it even more likely that a guy like Quinnen Williams is the pick at #3.

Archived