Monken to Browns

peekskill68

2 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

There is a very strange dynamic on this board to someone accustomed to my college boards.  

Not as much substance and little actual game and player analysis broken down with real knowledge of Xs & Os, save from a very few.  People seem to spend more time pumping players from other teams, or taunting each other if they tend to act like fans of this Jets team.   

Damn.

The Jets season is over.  There's nothing to breakdown.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HelenOfTroy said:

There is a very strange dynamic on this board to someone accustomed to my college boards.  

Not as much substance and little actual game and player analysis broken down with real knowledge of Xs & Os, save from a very few.  People seem to spend more time pumping players from other teams, or taunting each other if they tend to act like fans of this Jets team.   

Damn.

There's a lot of silliness, but it's all amusing. 

The Mayfield stuff is particularly amusing to me, because the Jets never even had an opportunity to pick him. It makes no sense for Jets fans to bother obsessing over Mayfield. It only makes sense for Browns fans to obsess over Darnold. 

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I was here before the season.

Yes I know - you scolded me months ago.

Speaking for myself - if this board was 80% X and O's breakdown I'd find another board.  I love my Jets but want to discuss them in a setting where I'm busting balls and laughing.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There's a lot of silliness, but it's all amusing. 

The Mayfield stuff is particularly amusing to me, because the Jets never even had an opportunity to pick him. It makes no sense for Jets fans to bother obsessing over Mayfield. It only makes sense for Browns fans to obsess over Darnold. 

Why should anyone obsess about a player not on your team, save for expression of respect for their play?  That’s it, end of story.  

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yes I know - you scolded me months ago.

Speaking for myself - if this was 80% an X and O breakdown I'd find another board.  I love my Jets but want to discuss them in a setting where I'm busting balls and laughing.

I get that, I’ll be attending the second Meet and Greet in 3 weeks in L.A. this weekend, I drive 70 miles, one way to do so.  We discuss more than football, but it just seems you don’t have the same unity as a fan base.  

Guess NFL fandom is that different.

26 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I get that, I’ll be attending the second Meet and Greet in 3 weeks in L.A. this weekend, I drive 70 miles, one way to do so.  We discuss more than football, but it just seems you don’t have the same unity as a fan base.  

Guess NFL fandom is that different.

50 years of losing is a hell of a drug.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So the Browns are going with Steve Wilks and Todd Moncken as their two coordinators. Dorsey and Kitchens are putting together a pretty good staff. I'm really hoping we hear something tomorrow about a Williams DC signing. I'm not excited at all about Studs Lonnigan as the OC though.

Yeah, I'm not getting the skepticism about Monken.  Kitchens is a collaborator and doesn't appear to be ego driven.  I don't see a problem with him working with another talented offensive mind.

On a related note, the Browns hired James Campen as OL coach and Associate Head Coach.  He's the Packers' longest tenured ass't coach.  He appears to be another strong hire.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41052811-4

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

F*ck you guys. Villain thought Mayfield would be great and now it looks like Mayfield is going to be great. Meanwhile, most of you clowns were trashing him for saying so. If Vilain wants to take a few victory laps around the court after dunking on you morons, more power to him. 

I also thought Mayfield would be great. And I wasn’t alone....should we all take victory laps?

8 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The general jist of all of your posts on JN seem to be that “enjoying NFL football” actually takes a significant back seat to being an attention whore and trying to prove yourself right about every little thing on an internet message board. In fact, I’d argue that you’re only “enjoying the nfl again” because for the first time in the 5 years that I’ve been here, you finally seem to maybe be right about one of your love-childs, although we’ll see where Baker is in 3 years.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that we’re all happy for you and your Bakers, and wish you’d enjoy them somewhere other than JN.

129066350_Screenshot2019-01-14at11_11_17.thumb.png.84c06312cda27fff89140979c490f05e.png1026863934_Screenshot2019-01-14at11_11_37.thumb.png.ef655ef4a32d73383c4a211d3507388d.png1567039994_Screenshot2019-01-14at11_11_53.png.cd05f3eeceb043e40930387fa53cd43b.pnglol

But we all know that your desire for attention from internet strangers will keep bringing you back to our Jets messageboard. 

Okay. Lets be truthful here. What REALLY happened was this, you read my response to another person (Jet Nut) in a different thread, which had you sitting in front of your computer upset at a stranger who rarely says anything to you. You were sitting like....

8-reasons-caution-is-needed-to-chat-with

You began plotting your way and figuring out how you can say something to me. 

What you came up with was this. And it was met with alot of butt-fumbles. 

C'mon man, it's not that serious. lmao. Chill! 

8 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Damn.

I dont know if it is passive-aggressive or aggressive- passive.  Or if it is just a case of football incontinence.

Archived