New Uniforms a hit With Jets Faithful

JetNation

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

So you're saying they're basically the same and everyone should just get over it? 

They can't be "basically the same" how would you then explain the vitriol it has stirred in some posters. ?

As much as the majority of fans seem to like the jerseys...One thing I’m surprised isn’t being mentioned more is how they nailed the color green.

Our color greens have been atrocious since Nike took over. But they absolutely got it right. Pops, colorful, without it ever looking drab, weak, or plain. Greens a tough color to get right, and they did.

14 hours ago, jetsons said:

nmrgnt6j6dq21.jpg 

This... Would have been a MUCH Better Design.

I have to say I disagree with you. That looks pretty bad. It's actually uncomfortable to look at.  I'm not sure why there is so much love for the 80's logo.  It literally reminds me of losing.  

9 hours ago, jgb said:

I never want to see that 80s/early 90s fail logo again. Too many bad memories.

This is exactly how I feel. That 80's logo only reminds me of the worst times of being a Jets fan. We only had like 3-4 good years the whole time we wore that logo. People need to realize how many ways this could have been far worse. This hat is actually on the Jets shop web site. Blue and Orange. lol 

IMG_0987.thumb.jpeg.ba00c3ea3fa0b0e4e1413677dd45e8d2.jpeg

9 hours ago, jgb said:

I never want to see that 80s/early 90s fail logo again. Too many bad memories.

+1

I don't get people who romanticize the worst period in team history.  It's a 70's logo design of the defunct Concorde supersonic passenger plane.  Blech on all accounts.

SAR I

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I have to say I disagree with you. That looks pretty bad. It's actually uncomfortable to look at.  I'm not sure why there is so much love for the 80's logo.  It literally reminds me of losing.  

That's basically what they have now.. lol.. but it flows so much better with the rest of the "wedges" on the shoulders and pants... also it fits with the new "Take Flight" theme... it just goes show much better than a "football" that looks totally out of place... Both prior helmet designs are basically a memory of futility, that's why most fans were disappointed with the present logo design.   They were expecting something Completely different after being told by the owner that it would be Totally New & Fresh & it is Neither... but the one with the concord like jet on it looks wayyyy better.  imo

Posted something similar in the uniform thread: 

Not a fan of the logo at all Logo looks like it was completed in about 10 minutes. Very amateur.. Too big. Zero creativity. Looks like it could have been done by a middle school student doodling. Should have been some type of NY symbol that we could  call our own combined with a  jet airliner plane. How difficult would that have been? New York across the jersey looks so forced.. Why do we have to settle for this? 

The Yankees, Knicks, the Nets and NYCFC all got it right and the Jets got it wrong. Showcase New York as the main logo and it becomes a classic that everyone would be proud to wear. Yankees (simple NY) , Knicks (New York across the chest) , Nets (Only the name Brooklyn) NYCFC (it's in the name). Jets missed out on a huge opportunity to brand themselves as New York's football team and plaster it everywhere, most importantly  across their helmets but instead chose to bring back an out dated 90s black uniform that screams of selling out, the word JETS (way too big) written as plain as a fourth grader could make it and a toy football that doesn't remind me of the iconic football on the original helmets.  Even the pattern of the stripes on the jersey are simply the Arizona Cardinals but green. If we choose to wear the green on green uniforms with green helmets we wil truly look like pickles. Epic fail.

Im faithful and i'm loyal the uniforms to me are alright nothing earth shattering. 

The logo with the oval on some items should have been on the helmet, cant figure out why it isn't vs the JETS and a huge football. 

Not for me to decide but my choice as to what to purchase. 

I have all the authentic NY Jets helmets in my family room, not sure yet if i will be buying this one. 

Same goes for the jerseys i'm not  fan the super hero slash near the chest and shoulder. 

Love it or hate it....it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

This is exactly how I feel. That 80's logo only reminds me of the worst times of being a Jets fan. We only had like 3-4 good years the whole time we wore that logo. People need to realize how many ways this could have been far worse. This hat is actually on the Jets shop web site. Blue and Orange. lol 

IMG_0987.thumb.jpeg.ba00c3ea3fa0b0e4e1413677dd45e8d2.jpeg

I was going to show JiF this hat, because he loves blue and orange.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

That hat is the ugliest piece of NY Jets merchandise I have ever seen in my life. 

I'm not sure why they made it....other than Jets fans being mostly associated with Mets fans. I've always felt someday the Jets will leave MetLife and build their own stadium in Queens right next to Citi Field.

23 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm not sure why they made it....other than Jets fans being mostly associated with Mets fans. I've always felt someday the Jets will leave MetLife and build their own stadium in Queens right next to Citi Field.

From your mouth to Mark Cuban's ears.

That's basically what they have now.. lol.. but it flows so much better with the rest of the "wedges" on the shoulders and pants... also it fits with the new "Take Flight" theme... it just goes show much better than a "football" that looks totally out of place... Both prior helmet designs are basically a memory of futility, that's why most fans were disappointed with the present logo design.   They were expecting something Completely different after being told by the owner that it would be Totally New & Fresh & it is Neither... but the one with the concord like jet on it looks wayyyy better.  imo

I hear ya. I think the problem I’m having with the logo in the pic is if the jet/contrail thing was on the helmet it should be on the top.
I don’t love the backwards jet as many as some others in the first place but taking the exact same thing and just moving it to the bottom
Is tough for me.

The actual logo with the football seems much smoother. Maybe it’s that the football is centered. I’m not sure.

Either way I actually like the new stuff. Not what I was expecting either but really not bad. I like the word jets bigger on the helmet. I certainly don’t get anyone actually being upset over it. That’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I hear ya. I think the problem I’m having with the logo in the pic is if the jet/contrail thing was on the helmet it should be on the top.
I don’t love the backwards jet as many as some others in the first place but taking the exact same thing and just moving it to the bottom
Is tough for me.

The actual logo with the football seems much smoother. Maybe it’s that the football is centered. I’m not sure.

Either way I actually like the new stuff. Not what I was expecting either but really not bad. I like the word jets bigger on the helmet. I certainly don’t get anyone actually being upset over it. That’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I actually like the Jet under the name, I like that it's not a carbon copy of the 80's logo... I agree with the Jet facing backward, I would prefer it forward as well but that's the only photo that I saw with the jet underneath... (which I prefer)…

I don't "hate" the new logo... I just think it doesn't flow aesthetically... you have sharp angles throughout the uniform... you have the "Take Flight" moniker... then you have an oval design???... to me it doesn't go with what they're trying to present... imo… 

I like the new uniform as well, it has grown on me, my only contention was the "football" on the helmet... but it is what it is, I'm not losing any sleep over it.. I just Hope we Play Exceptionally Well with them & bring home Multiple Lombardi Trophies.

I would add that the helmet looks Extremely Good with a blackout/dark visor... it just stands out so much better... it would be Great if all the players wore them.

image.jpg

Archived