Chubb vs Pass rushers this year

MindOverMatter

This years draft is said to be full of pass rushing edge and a few DT's with potential to be All-Pro. It's an absurd class and i honestly can't remember such a dominant pool of positional talent coming out, the 2014 wr class is probably the closest. 

With that being said, last year Bradley Chubb was drafted at #5 overall. If he were to have declared for the draft this year, were do you think he ranks amongst the edge players? Playing alonside Miller obviously helped a ton for the rookie but putting up 12 sacks in his 1st year is impressive.

Interestingly enough the Broncos had the opportunity to take  Q.Nelson and solidify an already decent Oline but they opted for the pass rusher. Jets are facing a similar dilemma this year, but there is no Nelson in this draft. Hoping Mac realizes that.

29 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

This years draft is said to be full of pass rushing edge and a few DT's with potential to be All-Pro. It's an absurd class and i honestly can't remember such a dominant pool of positional talent coming out, the 2014 wr class is probably the closest. 

With that being said, last year Bradley Chubb was drafted at #5 overall. If he were to have declared for the draft this year, were do you think he ranks amongst the edge players? Playing alonside Miller obviously helped a ton for the rookie but putting up 12 sacks in his 1st year is impressive.

Interestingly enough the Broncos had the opportunity to take  Q.Nelson and solidify an already decent Oline but they opted for the pass rusher. Jets are facing a similar dilemma this year, but there is no Nelson in this draft. Hoping Mac realizes that.

That alone shows a significant difference between the jets & Broncos... the main difference with this draft is there is no Quenton Nelson.

45 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think Chubb would probably be neck and neck with Bosa as the best passrusher in this class.

Maybe even slightly ahead of Bosa, honestly.

If it wasn’t for the QB class last year, Chubb and Barkley may have been the first two players taken.

Bingo. If it was this years QBs in last year’s Draft then Chubb could have gone #1. Positional value is a factor. QB, Edge, OT, CB continue to be the premiere positions. It’s why Chubb went before Nelson last year despite Nelson probably being the single best prospect regardless of position in last year’s Draft. 

10 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Was the 2014 wr draft where we knocked it out of the park?

10 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Was the 2014 wr draft where we knocked it out of the park?

Nope. 2014 was the class were we took Enunwa and Saunders with late round picks. In the 1st, Idzik drafted Pryor (SS) over Brandin Cooks. Mike Evans, OBJ, Watkins, all went in the 1st and Davante Adams and other talented WRs went in the 2nd and later. Jets had a huge need at WR and opted to wait because the draft was deep. I love Enunwa but you cannot walk away with just him and Saunders (lol), it was a historic failure.

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I think Chubb would probably be neck and neck with Bosa as the best passrusher in this class.

Maybe even slightly ahead of Bosa, honestly.

If it wasn’t for the QB class last year, Chubb and Barkley may have been the first two players taken.

Fortunately for us, even with the QB class last year, Saquan was still the second player taken in the draft \\:D/

Archived