If you could guarantee one player or position got drafted by the NYJ what would it be?

jetstream23

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I won’t go with a specific player but if I could guarantee one thing about this draft it would be that the Jets draft a Center within the first two rounds.

If you could guarantee one thing what would it be? 

A Center or LT within the first 2 rounds. 

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

HURD

You motherfaker if we don’t draft Hurd I am going to be so pissed at you. 

You’ve given me Hurdwood and if it doesn’t come to pass, I’m showing up at your abode with blue balls expecting relief. 

Damn I want him now. 

Bastid. 

I want us to draft an OL in 3rd / 4th round that seriously has the potential to play LT for us by start of next year. I don't see us starting a rookie over Beachum this year - maybe get some playing time in mop up duty - but Beachum is not the long term solution (plus I believe his contract is up after this year).

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You’ve given me Hurdwood and if it doesn’t come to pass, I’m showing up at your abode with blue balls expecting relief. 

Damn I want him now. 

Bastid. 

Welcome to my world of pain. Bonus points for coining the term Hurdwood. 

It's a little tricky - obviously there are a lot of needs.

I'd like to see an offensive skill player Gase gushes about and has a plan to use as a big part of the offense. Don't really care who - could probably list like 15-20 guys at WR and TE  I'd get pumped about growing with Darnold if the new HC is pumped (Hurd among them).

As much as I really really want to improve the OL and finally find an edge, if they go out of their way to find Gase someone like Marquise Brown or TJ Hockenson and Gase starts spouting X's and O's and young QB development I'll be pretty fired up.

53 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You’ve messed me up and I’ve convinced myself Jalen Hurd in the 4th will be the greatest pick in this team’s history.

It's possible that would be accurate. We don't have too many "what a franchise moment that was, drafting so and so in the 3th/4th/ etc 

What is the best mid round pick this franchise has made? ....Mo Lewis? Lance Mehl? the list is short anyway. 

22 hours ago, Paradis said:

HURD

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Damn I want him now. 

Bastid. 

48 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I'm getting a sense it's going to be more of a Hurdchub when someone else grabs him.  

I am seriously surprised that @Paradis has not started a thread and in that thread linked to a "sign this petition for hurd to the JETS" yet, that he will repeatedly send to any and every contact he can get in the JETS offices and on all social media platforms.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I am seriously surprised that @Paradis has not started a thread and in that thread linked to a "sign this petition for hurd to the JETS" yet, that he will repeatedly send to any and every contact he can get in the JETS offices and on all social media platforms.

If I thought it would do any good, I would personally call up Macc and wage war.  

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

I support this

True story, I was having coffee with a coworker who was furious with the Falcons for holding onto Gonzalez in his last year (and a lost year for ATL).  Buddy called up the head office, asked for the GM, got him on the phone and reamed him out for being a selfish dick. “Sent Tony to KC you bastard”

On 4/10/2019 at 1:52 PM, jetstream23 said:

I won’t go with a specific player but if I could guarantee one thing about this draft it would be that the Jets draft a Center within the first two rounds.

If you could guarantee one thing what would it be? 

No way. You are pretty much guaranteeing a trade down or a trade up into round 2 and there is no way I would guarantee that.

I guarantee the Jets draft a Pass Rusher in round 1 or 2. Allen, Bosa, Burns, Sweat, Polite. One of these guys is gonna be a Jet.  

And here is my thinking. We stick at 3- its Allen or Bosa.

We move down, we probably get a 2nd rounder. We take Burns or Sweat in Rd. 1. An O-lineman in Rd.2. If we take an O-lineman in Rd. 1. We take Polite in Rd. 2. If its none of the guys I specified, I still think we take a Pass Rusher once we move down.  

And again, if we stay put I would be VERY surprised if its wasn't Allen or Bosa. 

After thinking about it for a while, I think my answer is trade down and select Andre Dillard. I don’t think he’s ever going to be an utterly dominant LT in both the run game and the pass game but I think he’s a virtual lock to be a high end pass protector in the NFL for 10+ years. Tons of quality pass reps in college, elite athletic testing.

He’s older and not a road grader but whatever. That’s the pick I feel best about if they make it in the first round. Have him protect Darnold for the next decade plus. And if they get extra picks, awesome.

Three to Cincy for 11, 42, 72, and their second round pick next year (or 11, 42, and their first next year). Dillard, McCoy/Bradbury - I’m not sure I even care about the rest. Throw one of the big athletic WR’s and an edge in there with some other stuff.

Archived