All Jets fans do is complain

Jetster

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I have earned the right to revel in my NY Jets related misery and refuse to have a newb like you question it. When the wins pile up have your guy call my guy and we can talk. Until then........

Newb? I'm 59 years old dude, I saw the Jets win a Super Bowl when I a NEWB. The Jets have never had a QB with Darnolds skills since Namath. He showed glimpses last year of his talent. HE WAS 21 YEARS OLD! 

You guys act like you were SHOCKED we didn't win anything with Geno, Fitz or McCown. Jets will be the team to finally take down the cheaters & put Brady out to pasture. It's OK to wear your new Jets stuff around. Don't be afraid to be optimistic, it's much better than being miserable about the unknown future.

28 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Newb? I'm 59 years old dude, I saw the Jets win a Super Bowl when I a NEWB. The Jets have never had a QB with Darnolds skills since Namath. He showed glimpses last year of his talent. HE WAS 21 YEARS OLD! 

You guys act like you were SHOCKED we didn't win anything with Geno, Fitz or McCown. Jets will be the team to finally take down the cheaters & put Brady out to pasture. It's OK to wear your new Jets stuff around. Don't be afraid to be optimistic, it's much better than being miserable about the unknown future.

Dude..lol.

57 minutes ago, Larz said:

The internet tends to attract more negative opinions

Jets fans also have lots to complain about

1- We finally have a young talented QB

2- We haven't had a talented QB since Namath (Todd was average, Obrien was leadfooted, Testeverde was unpredictable, Sanchez was fools gold propped up by one of the best Olines the Jets have ever had. 

3- We signed arguably the best RB in football (Gurley dropped that mantle). And we paid WAY LESS than the naysayers here said we would pay. 

4- We have a couple of good leaders on the defense in Adams & Mosely. 

5- We cut ties with the WORST coach in Jets history (Bowles was an abomination equal to Kotite). 

6- Our new head coach comes from the offensive side of the ball & is not a 1st timer, plus he had success when his QB was healthy. Health is something a coach has no control over. 

7- We should get another stud in this upcoming draft. 

8- Brady, Big Ben, Rivers, can't play forever. Steelers don't have Brown, Chiefs might see Hill suspended, Pats lost their LT (Brown), best Dlineman (Flowers), Darnold beat the Bills IN BUFFALO..IN THE COLD & Miami is in total rebuild mode. AFC is wide open, anything can happen when you've secured your QB.

Did you know the Browns had almost 500 yd passing in that game??

Not specifically. That’s one of the earliest games I remember a lot of the details. I was 13 at the time. I know you were already in your 40s so you probably have a better grasp of the specifics.

I can still see Freeman’s face as he bobbed and weaved through the Cleveland D to put us up by 10 in the 4th. Such an incredible game though. Was that the last playoff double overtime?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

complain?  let's see, the jets have had 8 seasons of futility with 3 of the last 4 drafts picking in the top ten.  if past performance is an indication of future performance then there's still quite a bit to complain about.  i do think they've made some significant improvements during free agency and, of course, darnold looks to be the qb they need.  and gase/williams seems to be a significant upgrade to bowles/rogers but we should all be from missouri.  show me.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

complain?  let's see, the jets have had 8 seasons of futility with 3 of the last 4 drafts picking in the top ten.  if past performance is an indication of future performance then there's still quite a bit to complain about.  i do think they've made some significant improvements during free agency and, of course, darnold looks to be the qb they need.  and gase/williams seems to be a significant upgrade to bowles/rogers but we should all be from missouri.  show me.

Bowles was a huge Woody Johnson blunder. Using Charley Casserly to help us find a coach is ridiculous. But what coach were you getting to come to the Jets when you have Geno Smith as your QB? 

Chris Johnson has changed the culture here. You can tell he's paying attention, expects more & seems to be making some good choices overall for the organization. 

The Rex/Idzik period after 2013 dug us a whole so deep it was difficult to get out.  Chris is running the show & I love the fact that he's really immersed himself and obviously has been paying attention, knew Sam Darnold could woo a much better coach & didn't just go after McCarthy which would have been an old Jets style. I like the direction things are going in with Chris at the helm.

On 4/17/2019 at 6:37 AM, Jetster said:

We have the 3rd pick in the draft, we have 2 third round picks. We have Sam Darnold, we have an all pro safety who happens to love football, we signed LE'VEON BELL, one if not the best all around backs in the league, we signed a stud LB in Mosley, a slot WR in Crowder (underrated signing), Quincy will be back, Bells backup is Ty Montgomery, we signed a beast at LG in OK, we have a very good young TE in Herndon, Shell will be healthy & he's better than Jet fans give him credit for, if Maye stays healthy him & Adams are a top safety duo, we have our 1st offensive head coach with head coaching experience, we have a DC with head coaching experience, we have a proven Oline coach in Pollack, we have new uniforms that didn't turn out to be abominations like many here predicted. 

But when you come here and read these threads it's just negative, negative, negative. I'm looking forward to a great draft, plus we still have almost 26 million so we're not done filling holes and most importantly I'm looking forward to a great season. Sam has quiet leadership skills. Jamal has loud leadership skills, Greg Williams has even louder leadership skills, Gase is putting together skill players that can take advantage of these new defensive rules by spreading teams out & forcing them to cover the entire field. Bowles brought zero expectations here, this new coaching staff & player additions bring with them high expectations. No one will be late for meetings. 

Reminds me of 1997. Sam, Gase, G.Williams bring a hierarchy these players can follow, any success should snowball and what this team has been missing for years is true confidence. False bravado has been a Jet staple for years. Pregame speeches meant nothing after they got punched in the face. This team truly has leaders at every level. Sure we have holes, but most teams do. If Sam develops the sky is the limit, once a team believes in their QB good things happen, just that little bit of extra effort puts teams over the top. I expect a 60 minute, tough azz team in 2019 that has enough weapons on offense & defense to succeed. I think we'll see a few Sam Darnold off script wow plays that propel this team toward a playoff berth. I think Darnolds the real deal, my god, 21 years old starting in the NFL! He hasn't even hit full maturity physically, he's got room to get stronger & every game he plays he seems to get better. Full offseason, full camp, every 1st team rep, with an experienced offensive coach. A coach who made Ryan Tannyhill look good when he was healthy! 

Jet fans....enjoy the ride. This is going to be a fun ride & it starts with the 2019 draft. If we were picking 10th, there would be threads stating, I wish we were picking 3rd, that's the sweet spot, lol. Bosa, Allen, Q.Williams, Oliver or a trade back. Jets are sitting pretty.

Sir you do realize that knowledge and intellect are not welcome here right? Great post brother

On 4/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, FidelioJet said:

We still aren’t sure about Darnold - he had a very impressive last 4 games of the season - and a lot to build on. I’m confident he’s the answer - but I want to see it.

The experienced offensive coach spent the last 3 tests putting up the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses.

Certainly a lot here to optimistic about, but still an awful lot of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

Also had an 10 win season and made the playoffs with  below average qb play and a lackluster roster, coordinated the offense that gave Peyton his best year and seems to be well respected around the league. I'm not dismissing what you said because it is a valid point 100% I'm just bringing to light some positive things he's done along the way. 

it is my right to complain-having been going to games since the early 70s and seeing one home playoff game in that period if memory serves me correctly.   I support the team with my money-several hundred thousand dollars over the years and by attending games-I wish they were as loyal to me as I am to them. I wish they actually hired pros to run the organization instead of taking chances on guys with no proven track record of building anything. 

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Hey, I just choose not to be miserable. You negative Nancys are the ones screaming at the clouds.

Dear Jetster,

Good for you!  

However....miserable is such a strong characterization.

Personally I prefer that my positivity be rooted in reality and not augmented by blind faith, hope, unproven predictions, delusion, mania, psychoactive medicines, etc.

It's simple.

Show me the wins / NYJ related positiveness pops its beautiful self into my psyche.

Sincerely,

NN

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

it is my right to complain-having been going to games since the early 70s and seeing one home playoff game in that period if memory serves me correctly.   I support the team with my money-several hundred thousand dollars over the years and by attending games-I wish they were as loyal to me as I am to them. I wish they actually hired pros to run the organization instead of taking chances on guys with no proven track record of building anything. 

Everyone complains now & then but Jet fans would complain if they squeaked out a Super Bowl win & thought it should have been a blowout.....and don't tell me I'm wrong because I read this board daily. 

Your not getting Bill Belichick to coach the Jets, and your not getting Tom Brady to be your QB. Unfortunately we as Jet fans had to end up with our division foe literally having the best Head Coach & the best QB in the last 18 years in the NFL. The Steelers got numerous shots at the Pats, with GREAT SUPERSTARS and a franchise QB & still came up short vs the Cheaters, over and over again, at Home & on the road. Ooh...ooh...KC Chiefs....gonna KILL THE PATS at Arrowhead! Uh, no...Pats win another Super Bowl. The best organization in football resides I need the AFC East. None of the teams that are on everyone's UP & COMING radar have beaten the Pats of late, Houston? Nope, Steelers? Nope, Chargers? Nope, KC? Nope, Jaguars? Nope, Indy? The Jets & Ravens are the only 2 teams to beat the Pats in Gillette in a playoff game. 

That will change soon. But let's not just trash the Jets, we could trash the entire AFC.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bowles was a huge Woody Johnson blunder. Using Charley Casserly to help us find a coach is ridiculous. But what coach were you getting to come to the Jets when you have Geno Smith as your QB? 

Chris Johnson has changed the culture here. You can tell he's paying attention, expects more & seems to be making some good choices overall for the organization. 

The Rex/Idzik period after 2013 dug us a whole so deep it was difficult to get out.  Chris is running the show & I love the fact that he's really immersed himself and obviously has been paying attention, knew Sam Darnold could woo a much better coach & didn't just go after McCarthy which would have been an old Jets style. I like the direction things are going in with Chris at the helm.

i am truly hoping so but i'm from missouri.  i also like the way chris johnson is running the team vice woody.  as you said there have been many good things happening since he became the CEO.

Archived