Jets decline Darron Lee's 5th-year option

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Remind me how they calculate Compensatory picks?  Would Lee be worth a 3rd, 4th, 5th?  Is it based on the fact he was a 1st round pick or does it depend how much he signs for next year? 

Depends on how much the Bucs pay for him. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Gase?  You think his opinion on Lee matters?  I think if Gase had any hand in the D, they wouldn't have been able to force Gregg Williams on him.  I'd believe that Williams wants no part of Lee. 

Do you think that somebody is going to offer a 4th or useful CB or C?  I think if we were offered a 4th in the 2019 draft he'd be gone already.

Gase is the HC. He is the guy who decides if they challenge, of they go for it, if they punt or go for a FG.  They are not equals.  I think Gase is causing some rumblings.  I would if I had to coach players on the field

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Let's be clear about Lee too.  He's not horrible, he's just a borderline starter who is upgradeable (and was just upgraded with Mosely!).  It's a miss in terms of a late 1st round pick.  If he went in Round 4 he'd probably be considered in the same regard as someone like Jenkins is....pretty good/average, but not very good and certainly not great.  Darron Lee is the Brian Winters of the defense.  He's not a bust and can start in the NFL but I think you're always looking to upgrade him.

Like Kyle Wilson

12 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

So a 5th round draft pick with multiple surgeries has made our 1st round draft pick expendable after 4 years? Cool. 

Yeah, That's what the article said.  It didn't mention CJ Mosley or anything like that.  Bashing Macc isn't even difficult if you want to do it. You don't have to reach for stuff. 

• Upvote 1