KRL Camp Notes (7/28/19)

KRL

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He looks like trying to keep afloat. Didn’t do real well during one on ones with the OL. Harrison and someone else(can’t recall) pushed him around on the inside. Has the speed but I just think he’s trying to catch up to the mental side of things. 

Hes constantly being coached up or has a player in his ear. 

Bro, if you were there, why not give us a report on your observations.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Bro. Okay. 

Osemele looked like a fn boss during drills. Winters and Anderson were going at, idk if they hate each other but there were words exchanged. 

Ryan Griffin had a few good grabs when he got out there. He’s prob the most reliable with Herndon out imo. 

During team drills the run couldn’t get going. The DBs seemed to be really flying around today.  And even though Crowder got popped, he did make the catch which is just as impressive. 

Harrison I think, has been impressive. He’s been vocal and def has a presence to him.  

Overall the vibe of the team is really good, but I think there will be some bumps with a new offense and defense system. Pre season should be a nice test against new faces. But the players really do like this staff a lot better then last. 

Glad to hear that about Harrison.  Everyone has been really down on him, but I thought he played as well as any of the OL at the end of the season

So back to the offense can't do anything type of reports.

I want to see our offense put together a string of dominant practices. Our defense is middle of the road, so we need our offense to step up

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, funaz said:

I want to see our offense put together a string of dominant practices. Our defense is middle of the road, so we need our offense to step up

Meh

This gets to be the "glass half full" vision.

Surprisingly, at least to me, the O put together 3 good practices.  That made me happy.  :)

Today, one of the positions of real concern, the CB's, had a real good day.  That makes me happy.  :)

Matter of perception I guess.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, funaz said:

Are you serious? Man for man the Jets have a much better front 7 than the Patriots. Yes, we have holes but Anderson, Leo, QW + the LB group of Mosely, Williamson, Jenkins are a damn good GROUP. Football is not just about individuals, especially on defense. Mosely + Adams are two really smart football players that quick to adjust where the defense should be. Kacey Rogers might have been the worst DC in the entire league last year. 

15 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

He looks like trying to keep afloat. Didn’t do real well during one on ones with the OL. Harrison and someone else(can’t recall) pushed him around on the inside. Has the speed but I just think he’s trying to catch up to the mental side of things. 

Hes constantly being coached up or has a player in his ear. 

Funny, I had read this earlier, when you posted it.

Watching one of the camp update shows later in the night and Connor Hughes said his reps in his first full day, yesterday, were slightly limited and not with starters, he looked good when he was in there, getting penetration 

No one said he was being pushed around.  

12 hours ago, funaz said:

Who that has watched camp has ever said this.  You want to see the D abused in multiple practices because it shows the team is improving by being able to score but not stopping anyone?  

I would think alternating good days by the O and D is the better indicator of success.  As has been happening so far.  D has had a strong practice Darnold and the O have come back strong the next day.

I would like to thank KRL especially as well as all the others on here who bring us these early reports into what is going g on with our NY Jets. Once again guys you are the best!

The defense pitching a shut out is very good news indeed. I am far more worried about the D than I am about the O.  I think we have a solid set of receivers and hopefully a bit better than solid in the RB and QB departments. The offense will score points. My concern lies in our ability for the defense to get off the field.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Funny, I had read this earlier, when you posted it.

Watching one of the camp update shows later in the night and Connor Hughes said his reps in his first full day, yesterday, were slightly limited and not with starters, he looked good when he was in there, getting penetration 

No one said he was being pushed around.  

Was he talking about OL DL drills? I was talking about individual one on ones. Not team drills. 

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Was he talking about OL DL drills? I was talking about individual one on ones. Not team drills. 

He been here one day, time to take the expections down a notch.  Whether we're talking team drills or one on ones. 

50 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. It was just an observation. I’m not calling him a bust. I guess I won’t mention any negative things. 

It's not that it's negative.  It's not time to be negative after one practice session.  

Over 1 on 1s.  That's all