10p Werewolves vs Mafia Game - Game Over

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

No, only the jailer even if so you think 1 team gave up a NK?

um no. I said multiple times that I think the opposing team must of shot into the crown and hit the jailkeeper. That is the most likely scenario here, the fact that you won't touch it is pinging

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Actually, scratch that so you guys think the Jailer blocked himself instead of protecting the cop?

I was under the impression that a jailkeeper both blocks and protects, meaning that if they targeted themselves, they would effectively block their own protection.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Like I mentioned earlier, generally, I feel like analyzing the previous night's kills a waste of time, although not that I don't do that in my head. I just typically refrain from putting it out there.

Do I think you're overselling your logical statement and being way to defensive over it? Yes.

Do I think he "caught" you in that one post? Probably not. And that was the "low hanging fruit" to which I alluded to earlier.

I'm always overly everything that's just how I play.

My first post was just that a statement did he try to capitalize on it as if it were a ping? Yes 

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

um no. I said multiple times that I think the opposing team must of shot into the crown and hit the jailkeeper. That is the most likely scenario here, the fact that you won't touch it is pinging

I didn't think that's how it worked. But, what do I know.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Do I think he "caught" you in that one post? Probably not. And that was the "low hanging fruit" to which I alluded to earlier.

I think that post was the scummiest thing I've seen this game because it ignores the most likely scenario entirely. It also included an absurd suggestion that they withheld their kill which seems to me to be a way of distancing herself from the knowledge of who was shot at. 

I think gata is a werewolf and shot someone last night who she now knows is the jailkeeper and is over playing the clueless card so as not to let on to the fact that she has this information.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I was under the impression that a jailkeeper both blocks and protects, meaning that if they targeted themselves, they would effectively block their own protection.

Jail Keeper

You are a Jail Keeper

Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

• Once per night you may target a player to be protected, this will protect them from one kill for one night. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill.
  • You also block your target, thus causing any attempted actions will fail for the current night phase. The targeted player will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Blocked].

BLOCK YOUR TARGET means you block what they do? No?

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I didn't think that's how it worked. But, what do I know.

From Nolder's link. Maybe you are right, I read that wrong.

Jail Keeper

You are a Jail Keeper

Win Conditions:

• You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Abilities:

• Once per night you may target a player to be protected, this will protect them from one kill for one night. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill.
  • You also block your target, thus causing any attempted actions will fail for the current night phase. The targeted player will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Blocked].

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I gotta leave in a bit so I need to reduce the pool a bit for today's lynch.  I'm the Jailer (or JailKeeper).  I holstered on N1 because I didn't trust anyone.  I protected Spoot last night.  

Why wouldn't you protect Cop?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I gotta leave in a bit so I need to reduce the pool a bit for today's lynch.  I'm the Jailer (or JailKeeper).  I holstered on N1 because I didn't trust anyone.  I protected Spoot last night.  

Or it blocked his NK

Oh sh*te lol

To paraphrase my role:

I can target a player to protect each night.  I'm not told if the protection worked, nor is the player targeted. 

The action also works as a "Roleblocker" for whoever I target.  So if Spoot had any actions, they would have gotten blocked and he would have been notified.  Since the Seer was gone and the Cop was outed, that could only mean Spoot was vanilla town OR on one of the scum factions.

I could not target myself, since of course the role works to block the action.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think that post was the scummiest thing I've seen this game because it ignores the most likely scenario entirely. It also included an absurd suggestion that they withheld their kill which seems to me to be a way of distancing herself from the knowledge of who was shot at. 

I think gata is a werewolf and shot someone last night who she now knows is the jailkeeper and is over playing the clueless card so as not to let on to the fact that she has this information.

I keep saying, every time someone tries to break down the night kill's, it makes them look scummy, but I'm not surprised to see that from Gata.

Yes, the suggestion that one team witheld their kill is absurd. More than making her look like she's distancing, I think it makes her look like she doesn't understand how the jailkeeper and or seer/cop roles work in this game. And, seeing as you and I can't agree on the former, I think this is just a waste of time.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

To paraphrase my role:

I can target a player to protect each night.  I'm not told if the protection worked, nor is the player targeted. 

The action also works as a "Roleblocker" for the player targets.  So if Spoot had any actions, they would have gotten blocked and he would have been notified.  Since the Seer was gone and the Cop was outed, that could only mean Spoot was vanilla town OR on one of the scum factions.

So why would you conclude that you wouldn't vote Spoot? You might of prevented his NK.

Am I missing something?

To paraphrase my role:

The action also works as a "Roleblocker" for the player targets.  So if Spoot had any actions, they would have gotten blocked and he would have been notified.  Since the Seer was gone and the Cop was outed, that could only mean Spoot was vanilla town OR on one of the scum factions.

SO unless anyone of you wants to claim Jailer @Nynaeve @Spoot-Face.

80 is pretty much in the clear

1 minute ago, CTM said:

So why would you conclude that you wouldn't vote Spoot? You might of prevented his NK.

Am I missing something?

He'd been playing a pretty good town game when I re-read.  I also thought maybe one of the scum teams would target him because of that.  Could just be ego, thinking I was reading him correctly and successfully protected him.  

He'd been playing a pretty good town game when I re-read.  I also thought maybe one of the scum teams would target him because of that.  Could just be ego, thinking I was reading him correctly and successfully protected him.  

Fair, I believe 80.

Sticking with gata

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

These are the most logical assumptions...

Unless the werewolf was dumb enough to target the Cop, too, which is a possibility.

If both teams targeted Stark, that would explain it all.  And not help us one iota, because you could just as easily have been scum and had one of those kills blocked as you could be an innocent VT.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm so glad you did.

Sorry for wanting to kill you.

❤️

• Haha 1