10p Werewolves vs Mafia Game - Game Over

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

BANG!

Just as the sun was creeping over the horizon there was a loud noise as if to herald the dawn. Everyone rushed out of their houses bleary eyed to see what was going on. It took them a moment to realize one among them was missing. Fearing the worst they power walked (good thing Crusher is already dead!) to Stark's house. The door was locked but his front window was busted out so they climbed in through the window, being careful not to get cut on broken glass, to the inside of Stark's living room. It was still dark but the rising sun provided a greyish hue to the household. They crept down the hall into Stark's bedroom to find him completely naked on his bed, hands and legs tied to each post. There was a single bloody hole right over his heart and a smear of blood running down his chin. Someone grabbed a sheet and threw it over his body as the rest of you went back outside. When you were all gathered again you were more determined than ever to remove the killers among you.

Stark, Town Cop, has been killed

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, yeah, you're right. The scene seemed to suggest only a Mafia kill. Forgot about that.

So then I was definitely targeted by the werewolf.

Can you point out to me what you meant? I never really read scenes but I got curious at your comment and took a peek. I dont get it.

11 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I've given my two cents. But it's super late and I got work tomorrow so I'm gonna turn in.

I'd feel more comfortable if we talked some more. At the same time the only other direction I can see this going is CTM...

But if the thread just dies while im gone.... or it turns into ctm and gata bitchfest again (lol) then I'd understand if you guys cant wait for when I get off work.  ?

Not a problem. We can certainly wait for more discussion first. We've had good progress today. No need to rush this.

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Can you point out to me what you meant? I never really read scenes but I got curious at your comment and took a peek. I dont get it.

The bolded language in the first scene below paints two vastly different kill scenes between Dice and Jif, noting a distinction between the two factional kills; i.e., Dice was shot by an intruder who snuck in and shot him, JiF was killed by an intruder who burst in and tore him apart.

The bolded language in Stark's death sounds, to me, more like what you'd hear from a mafia hit, rather than a werewolf.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, Nolder said:

It was a dark and stormy night...when everyone woke up the next morning to talk about yesterdays events they noticed that two among them were missing. As a group they walked to Dicetossers house and found the door slightly ajar. Gingerly they prodded the door open to find Dice sitting in his underwear leaning back on a reclining chair with a can of fosters still gripped tightly in one hand and a small bullet hole between his eyes. Horrified and disgusted they went to check on the other missing member of the town, Jif.

Jif was always kind of weird and talked funny but everyone still liked him well enough. Worried that he'd been murdered too they came to his house to find the door not slightly ajar like Dice's but in the bushes, completely ripped off the hinges. They went inside and didn't find Jif anywhere...they found him everywhere. Pieces of his body were strewn around every room. An arm here, a leg there, a teeny tiny dick on the coffee table and bloody smears on the walls. After exiting the horrific scene suspicion began to grip the town as they carefully watched each other and assessed their next move.

Dice, Vanilla Town, has been killed.

Jif, Town Seer, has been killed.

9 hours ago, Nolder said:

BANG!

Just as the sun was creeping over the horizon there was a loud noise as if to herald the dawn. Everyone rushed out of their houses bleary eyed to see what was going on. It took them a moment to realize one among them was missing. Fearing the worst they power walked (good thing Crusher is already dead!) to Stark's house. The door was locked but his front window was busted out so they climbed in through the window, being careful not to get cut on broken glass, to the inside of Stark's living room. It was still dark but the rising sun provided a greyish hue to the household. They crept down the hall into Stark's bedroom to find him completely naked on his bed, hands and legs tied to each post. There was a single bloody hole right over his heart and a smear of blood running down his chin. Someone grabbed a sheet and threw it over his body as the rest of you went back outside. When you were all gathered again you were more determined than ever to remove the killers among you.

• Upvote 1

Glad to see we didn't lynch anyone while I was unavailable.  Time for some observations....

On 8/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, CTM said:

Shameless defensive vote, but I'd also argue killing inactives better for the game 

Unvote 

Vote verbal 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:38 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount

Verbal - 80, Nyn, Jif, CTM (4)

CTM - Crusher, Gata, Spoot (3)

Spoot - Stark (1)

I'm willing to rule out CTM as werewolf based on this vote alone.  This was a momentum vote for Verbal.  If he did that as Verbal's teammate, huge kudos.  But that's not a CTM scum move, that's an 80 scum move.  

CTM is either Mafia or VT.  

On 8/15/2019 at 3:19 PM, JiF said:

Yo!  Peep this game sh*t I'm about to throw down...

Dice, when he dropped in said nothing, disappeared but dropped an inconsequential vote that will serve no purpose before the deadline, was gross.  

Verb not playing is really stupid.  If mafia continues on this board, I think there should be consequences for this type of behavior.   Not in game but some more like, you cant play here anymore....or for a period of time.  This is why the game has died here.  People sign up but dont play.  It's better if it's a 5 man game but people are playing.   This sh*t, is lame.

GFY's

On 8/15/2019 at 3:35 PM, CTM said:

Agree,. Verbal should die asap

On 8/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, Spoot-Face said:

Agreed.

unvote vote Verb

Spoot's "hammer" vote on Verbal, which appeared to be a policy vote.  Again, if he's werewolf he played this thing beautifully.  

Won't be voting Spoot today.  

On 8/15/2019 at 11:08 PM, Spoot-Face said:

With only a two person team, it'd be a ballsy move to throw your teammate Verbal under the bus so early. There's a couple players I'd expect to see that from, but we can start with looking at anyone unwilling to vote Verbal as his potential Werewolf mate.

This was the post that first led me to believe Spoot was town (other than his hammer vote on Verbal).  The only player still alive that was NOT on the Verbal train was GATA.  She was voting CTM along with Crusher.  

Good look for Spoot, bad look for GATA.  

On 8/16/2019 at 8:09 AM, GATA said:

Well for me. It was Day1 most voting was done for the LOLs. And I stand by my hippie vote. Especially, since I did it while consuming alcohol. 

GATA's defense against Spoot's point is pretty good, however.  Voting the hippie for the lols while drunk is ALWAYS a good excuse.  

On 8/19/2019 at 7:00 AM, Nolder said:

It was a dark and stormy night...when everyone woke up the next morning to talk about yesterdays events they noticed that two among them were missing. As a group they walked to Dicetossers house and found the door slightly ajar. Gingerly they prodded the door open to find Dice sitting in his underwear leaning back on a reclining chair with a can of fosters still gripped tightly in one hand and a small bullet hole between his eyes. Horrified and disgusted they went to check on the other missing member of the town, Jif.

Jif was always kind of weird and talked funny but everyone still liked him well enough. Worried that he'd been murdered too they came to his house to find the door not slightly ajar like Dice's but in the bushes, completely ripped off the hinges. They went inside and didn't find Jif anywhere...they found him everywhere. Pieces of his body were strewn around every room. An arm here, a leg there, a teeny tiny dick on the coffee table and bloody smears on the walls. After exiting the horrific scene suspicion began to grip the town as they carefully watched each other and assessed their next move.

Dice, Vanilla Town, has been killed.

Jif, Town Seer, has been killed.

Based on the first night scene, Dice was killed by Mafia and JiF was killed by the Werewolves.  The scene makes that clear.  

On 8/19/2019 at 8:19 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Actually this was one of Crusher's only posts nearing the deadline.  GATA at least was around at the deadline and provided a decent reason for not voting Verbal.  So....

Unvote vote Crusher

On 8/19/2019 at 9:01 AM, Stark said:

No reason to waste any time with this....

100% Crusher is Mafia.... 

VOTE CRUSHER

Just pointing out that I was voting Crusher BEFORE Stark's reveal.  I rule.  

On 8/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, CTM said:

No reason for stark to fake claim in this spot, 1 thing about open setups is it makes situations like this black and white

Vote crusher 

Good job by CTM here immediately buying Stark's claim and not Crusher's counter.  I don't think this is a situation where CTM knew something town doesn't; just sound logic to not buy Crusher's counter-claim.  

On 8/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, Stark said:

Contradict yourself lol...

I did look at your play, thats why I investigated you since you essentially did nothing the entire first day. Even for you in either alignment you're never that quiet in a game. 

You didn't acknowledge anything happening in the game and just kept the same "is the hippie dead?"  

Investigation results = Crusher is Mafia.

Great job Stark!  Didn't give you enough credit at the time.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Nolder said:

BANG!

Mafia kill, as Spoot correctly identified.  

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Final D1 Vote Count:

Votecount

Verbal - 80, Nyn, JiF, CTM, Spoot, Stark (6)

CTM - Crusher  Gata (2)

JiF- Dice  (2)

Final D2 Vote Count

Votecount

No Lynch - Crusher  (1)

Crusher  - Spoot, Gata, CTM, Nyn (4)

Nyn was on both the Verbal and Crusher lynch trains.  Being an early voter on Spoot makes me think she's also in the "Mafia or VT" camp.  

And that's all I've got for now.  To conclude regarding each player:

• 80:  Town Jailer, and awesome
  • Spoot:  Can ONLY be werewolf OR vanilla town.  Leaning the latter.  If we lynch the remaining werewolf today and its not Spoot, Spoot is cleared.
  • CTM:  Leaning only Mafia OR VT
  • Nyn:  Leaning only Mafia OR VT
  • GATA:  Could be Werewolf, Mafia or VT.  My # 1 choice today.  If she's the final werewolf that clears Spoot and gives us a clear path to victory.  

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nyn was on both the Verbal and Crusher lynch trains.  Being an early voter on Spoot makes me think she's also in the "Mafia or VT" camp.  

You should pull up the vc before nolder reset it. See if it's the same. At work so can't check myself right now. 

For me specifically, I'm pretty sure I wasnt on Crusher's train cause by the time I logged on he already fake claimed... stark countered and he had a bunch of votes on him. I was about around the time of the reset though.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

You should pull up the vc before nolder reset it. See if it's the same. At work so can't check myself right now. 

For me specifically, I'm pretty sure I wasnt on Crusher's train cause by the time I logged on he already fake claimed... stark countered and he had a bunch of votes on him. I was about around the time of the reset though.

Good point.  This was the VC before Nolder reset it:

On 8/19/2019 at 10:36 AM, Nolder said:

Votecount 

Crusher - 80, Stark, CTM (3)

Stark/No Lynch - Crusher (1) 

59 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And that's all I've got for now.  To conclude regarding each player:

• 80:  Town Jailer, and awesome
  • Spoot:  Can ONLY be werewolf OR vanilla town.  Leaning the latter.  If we lynch the remaining werewolf today and its not Spoot, Spoot is cleared.
  • CTM:  Leaning only Mafia OR VT
  • Nyn:  Leaning only Mafia OR VT
  • GATA:  Could be Werewolf, Mafia or VT.  My # 1 choice today.  If she's the final werewolf that clears Spoot and gives us a clear path to victory.  

Lol @Spoot-Face if you're part of either faction you did a stand up job getting credibility.

Since you're going to vote w/ him anyway go head bb seal the deal. 

because I die the second to last town and then unless you 100% defend there's going to be 0 town left.

And either faction wins. 

5 minutes ago, GATA said:

Lol @Spoot-Face if you're part of either faction you did a stand up job getting credibility.

Since you're going to vote w/ him anyway go head bb seal the deal. 

because I die the second to last town and then unless you 100% defend there's going to be 0 town left.

And either faction wins. 

I'm already voting you.  The hammer hasn't dropped yet, so rather than simply defending and fear-mongering, can you make a case for someone?  Convince me why I should vote CTM.  In my re-read I really didn't see you making much of a case.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm already voting you.  The hammer hasn't dropped yet, so rather than simply defending and fear-mongering, can you make a case for someone?  Convince me why I should vote CTM.  In my re-read I really didn't see you making much of a case.  

How?

I voted for CTM to nudge him and then he tried to spin my hypothesis into something gross when it wasn't that.

Him and Crush were going back and forth like a school girl relationship. 

CTM loves to distance himself with partners I think that either he or nyn could be Mafiia. 

Just based on Spoot's play it seems he's trying to piece things together. Like I said if he is part of a faction job well done. 

1 hour ago, GATA said:

How?

I voted for CTM to nudge him and then he tried to spin my hypothesis into something gross when it wasn't that.

CTM loves to distance himself with partners I think that either he or nyn could be Mafiia. 

Just based on Spoot's play it seems he's trying to piece things together. Like I said if he is part of a faction job well done. 

I agree with the statements in bold.  CTM or Nyn are likely the final Mafia IF you flip as Werewolf, which also would that clear Spoot.

If you flip as VT, everyone remaining is a suspect, with CTM/Nyn remaining the 2 top candidates for Mafia and Spoot as the top option for Werewolf.   I think your lynch is the most informative amongst the options available.  

And I agree on Spoot.  If he's one of the scum factions he's played a great game and probably deserves the win.  Won't be voting him today. 

• Upvote 1

Just btw this is about the part of the game where I think this setup really shines.

You've got a couple days of lynches and night actions...and now it's puzzle solving time.

But it's also crunch time, you don't have a lot of leeway, with potentially 2 kills a night plus a mislynch it could be game over very fast.

Exciting to watch from the dead thread.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GATA said:

How?

I've already stated why I found your post suspect.

You parked on me day 1 and parked on me again day 3. You weren't nudging me, you were parking on a safe place to vote. You've only had eyes for me this game my dear robot

10 minutes ago, CTM said:

I've already stated why I found your post suspect.

You parked on me day 1 and parked on me again day 3. You weren't nudging me, you were parking on a safe place to vote. You've only had eyes for me this game my dear robot

I said why in Day 1 I did what I did in Day 1. Why did Crush park on you?

If you're Town why isn't Spoot or Nyn town?

I can see maybe why Nyn isn't but I can't buy Spoot isn't town.

I'm not willing to vote there and obv 80 is clean.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree with the statements in bold.  CTM or Nyn are likely the final Mafia IF you flip as Werewolf, which also would that clear Spoot.

If you flip as VT, everyone remaining is a suspect, with CTM/Nyn remaining the 2 top candidates for Mafia and Spoot as the top option for Werewolf.   I think your lynch is the most informative amongst the options available.  

And I agree on Spoot.  If he's one of the scum factions he's played a great game and probably deserves the win.  Won't be voting him today. 

When I flip as VT 3 possiblities could happen a faction wins or we have 1 more day or town wins.

Because lets say you block a kill if 1 faction kills the other you'll have 1 x Town 1x jailer town against 1 Faction.

or you have 1 werewolf 1 mafia & 1 town or (jailer if you somehow survive)

But if somehow the factions  kill each other and you don't block it town wins lol. That would be a long shot but truly glorious

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, GATA said:

When I flip as VT 3 possiblities could happen a faction wins or we have 1 more day or town wins.

Because lets say you block a kill if 1 faction kills the other you'll have 1 x Town 1x jailer town against 1 Faction.

or you have 1 werewolf 1 mafia & 1 town or (jailer if you somehow survive)

But if somehow the factions  kill each other and you don't block it town wins lol. That would be a long shot but truly glorious

Outlining what's going to happen if you flip VT doesn't help us decide whether to lynch you or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I agree with this. It's looking more and more like Gata is the most logical lynch right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Feel free to make that happen anytime you'd like, lol.

Unless of course you're waiting for more content from Nyn?

Yeah, I'd like her input a little more before I do.

I don't imagine we'll drag this out too much longer, though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Outlining what's going to happen if you flip VT doesn't help us decide whether to lynch you or not.

I never said that it did.

I already assume you're going to since you went on about voting 80s way no matter what. 

So by all means.