Weekend College games....

Beerfish

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

AJ Terrell is going to be a first round CB IMO.  He’s a big corner but really smooth.  Not stiff and has the ability to play press man and zone.  He’s a former WR and plays the ball extremely well.   Plus he’s been battling these CU WRs in practice everyday, that’s got to help. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, RobR said:

I don't know about Evans...definitely not someone I would use as a comparison. Evans was a big, thick mofo.

I think you hold Evans in the highest regard... I don't quite have the same unabashed love for him. I love him, but not to the degree that i wouldn't throw his name around in comp dialogue... I think there's similarities in the way the way they play the position. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I think you hold Evans in the highest regard... I don't quite have the same unabashed love for him. I love him, but not to the degree that i wouldn't throw his name around in comp dialogue... I think there's similarities in the way the way they play the position. 

You know I hold Evans in high regard. I think I'm the only one that had him rated as the #1 WR that year and he's surely lived up to it and then some.

My complaint about the comparison is that Evans was a huge guy that was incredible at 50/50 balls. I love Higgins, I just wouldn't use Evans as a comparison. Different players IMO. Higgins is more Julio than he is Evans.

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

You know I hold Evans in high regard. I think I'm the only one that had him rated as the #1 WR that year and he's surely lived up to it and then some.

My complaint about the comparison is that Evans was a huge guy that was incredible at 50/50 balls. I love Higgins, I just wouldn't use Evans as a comparison. Different players IMO. Higgins is more Julio than he is Evans.

Hmmm.  Higgins since his freshman year kinda reminded me of AJ Green.  So we have a Mike Evans, a Julio Jones and an AJ Green comparison,  let’s just say Higgins is pretty good...Lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Hmmm.  Higgins since his freshman year kinda reminded me of AJ Green.  So we have a Mike Evans, a Julio Jones and an AJ Green comparison,  let’s just say Higgins is pretty good...Lol. 

You're right. I like the Green comparison better especially with their builds. 

10 minutes ago, RobR said:

Colorado wins a great comeback, ironically with their D making plays at the end. Great game, now onto LSU and Texas. I'm getting some serious CFB overload today.

Where do you stand on Shenault? I'm not a believer. not in the capacity that he's being talked about... still not entirely convinced he's an automatic to be a successful WR in the NFL 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Where do you stand on Shenault? I'm not a believer. not in the capacity that he's being talked about... still not entirely convinced he's an automatic to be a successful WR in the NFL 

He’s pretty raw as receiver IMO.  He hasn’t even really been a full time WR, they’ve moved him all over the place since he’s been at Colorado.  He’ll test well since he’s so athletic, but he needs some polishing to be talked about with the Higgins, and Juedy’s    

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

No idea. Like always I go back and do evals after the season.....now I just enjoy the games and don't over think it. 

Looking forward to this upcoming game. If you watched pregame these teams absolutely hate each other and almost brawled. I'll keep an eye on your boy Johnson even though I'm not much of a fan. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s pretty raw as receiver IMO.  He hasn’t even really been a full time WR, they’ve moved him all over the place since he’s been at Colorado.  He’ll test well since he’s so athletic, but he needs some polishing to be talked about with the Higgins, and Juedy’s    

I agree. He doesn't look like a traditional WR and a ton of his production came off of designed plays that don't translate to the NFL. 

This is going off of some games that i revisited this summer to see what all the hype was about (an oversized Percy Harvin is what i walked away thinking).... but like Rob said, I wait till after the season to really make an attempt to figure it out... i was just curious if he'd already made fans of y'all.

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i don't care if he squats 1000 - they're not going to make it the distance running ehlinger all day

No argument here....hence the lol. They can move the ball but if they keep relying on him running it in the redzone they're done.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

no doubt about it. was exciting to see 63 hung up though. They continue to show off continuity in a full committee of solid running backs.

I've haven't watched Georgia this year but I've always been a huge fan of Swift. I hated Holyfield coming out and I'm not even sure if he made a practice squad. 

42 minutes ago, RobR said:

I've haven't watched Georgia this year but I've always been a huge fan of Swift. I hated Holyfield coming out and I'm not even sure if he made a practice squad. 

Swift has a knack for those chunk plays. Good vision and burst thru the LOS. White is also someone to watch. He has looked good in the role that Holyfield occupied last year. And yeah Holyfield was cut and not added to the PS.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Big boy points!

George Pickens is our next great WR. Calling it now.

7C59A686-0EAE-48D7-BBB2-C240A866FFC7.jpeg

C'mon man.  We have national title hopes, no need to pound the table for a win against Murray State.  It ws little more than a scrimmage.  And we didn't even cover, pretty sute thge line was 48 1/2.

• Upvote 1