Weekend College games....

Beerfish

4 hours ago, RobR said:

@Paradis Your boy Johnson can't get any separation against freshman. You still feel the same about him after tonights game?

Had to run out and save the second half. 

Yes... I've admittedly cooled on him, though it's broader than anything tonight. Seeing some of those slower/athletically limited guys predictably struggle to this past draft cycle - and then to see that carry over into their camps/tryouts...  it's made more concerned about CJ's measurables and speed. 

10 hours ago, RobR said:

These threads just aint the same. It's odd because of the volume of posters here that there is not more participation. 

Getting old sucks..Lol.  You west coast guys have the advantage for these later games.  My old a$$ fell asleep in the first half of the Texas game.  I really wanted to stay up and watch the USC game, didn’t even come close to that...Lol. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Grandy said:

This Kedon Slovis kid looks reallllllyy good, and quite similar to our own USC QB. 

A repeat scenario of how Darnold came in, maybe this guy can be a star too.

If this kid plays like that consistently into the season.  Wowzer.  

Kid comes out of a small private school, no local offers, just schools like San Jose State, UC Davis till USC came in at the last moment.....guess his OC/QB coach Kurt Warners’ opinion of his players talent meant more to our HC than the recruiting services.  Thank God.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

no comments on todays games?

Clemson struggling at UNC.

Tua getting pass yards with short passes and tons o YAC.

Two really good games right now.  Clemson - UVA is a realy shocker.  Lawrence sturggling, running a lot, taking hits.  And then he throws a TD pass.

Buckeyes looked strong in Nebraska, loved how Ryan Day (HC) pre game interview talked about how important is was to win the line of scrimmage (if only the Jets had a coach like that)

Then the team went out and proved it, pushed a good team around and dominated that game

College Playoffs should be good this year if there are no more slip ups 

12 hours ago, Lith said:

Sophmore slump.  Literally.

If UNC scores, do they go for 2?  I would think so.

Agreed, but it’s not all on Trevor.  The coaching staff, O-line and Travis Etienne haven’t been good either.   Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot, the CU co-offensive coordinators, have been abysmal IMO this season.  I get that you don’t want to show the entire playbook early in the season, but they’ve failed to get Trevor into a nice rhythm this year.  Part of it is the O-line isn’t performing well, but the play calling has been bad.  

There are probably 3 first round WRs on this team and they rarely utilize them properly.   You watch Oklahoma and Alabama feed their WRs downfield consistently, CU falls into these ruts where they throw too many screens and passes behind the line of scrimmage.   I expect to see the WRs involved a lot more against FSU in a couple weeks, they need to get Trevor back into his groove again.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed, but it’s not all on Trevor.  The coaching staff, O-line and Travis Etienne haven’t been good either.   Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot, the CU co-offensive coordinators, have been abysmal IMO this season.  I get that you don’t want to show the entire playbook early in the season, but they’ve failed to get Trevor into a nice rhythm this year.  Part of it is the O-line isn’t performing well, but the play calling has been bad.  

There are probably 3 first round WRs on this team and they rarely utilize them properly.   You watch Oklahoma and Alabama feed their WRs downfield consistently, CU falls into these ruts where they throw too many screens and passes behind the line of scrimmage.   I expect to see the WRs involved a lot more against FSU in a couple weeks, they need to get Trevor back into his groove again.  

I had to watch a lot of the games on delay yesterday with family visiting--

Totally agree. Steve Sark seems to know what he has in Jeudy/Smith/Ruggs/Waddle.... ad they feed them all day... Higgins and Ross disappear all too often from what i've watched this year... (PS Robinson>>Harris @Bama)

Not a great slate of games yesterday.... blowouts across the board outside of UNC/Clemson