Bennett Jackson

Maxman

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

NJ kid. Grew up in the next town over from me. 

How do you think he will be used here?

First, he needs to stay healthy

Jackson, who was drafted in 2014 and has yet to play in a regular-season game, made one of the most impressive defensive plays in Baltimore’s shutout with a nifty interception.

The defensive backs are competing for roster spots in the Ravens’ deepest and most talented position group and hoping splash plays will tip the scale in their favor.

“That’s what you play ball for, to go out there and make big plays,” Jackson said. “It’s good when your hard work pays off and you can make a play for your team. I need all the plays I can get.”

A Notre Dame product, Jackson was drafted by the New York Giants in the sixth round in 2014. He didn’t make the team out of camp, signed to the practice squad, then suffered a major knee injury while jogging in an early-season practice, which required microfracture surgery.

Jackson moved to safety the following year and was, miraculously, in position to be the team’s starter. Then he tore his ACL late in the fourth quarter of the Giants’ second preseason game.

He came back again in 2016, but the injuries were bothering him. The Giants cut him in training camp, and this time they didn’t ask him to come back.

Jackson spent more than a year out of football, just working out and waiting for somebody to give him a chance, before the Ravens signed him a few days after the 2017 season ended. A sports hernia at about this time last year ended his season once again.

“You’ve got to take life when it comes at you,” Jackson said. “I’ve been frustrated. You’re always going to be frustrated about something. You just have to take the negatives and make them positives. Whenever a bad situation comes, I just look at what’s next now.”

Jackson’s interception was just another example in his playmaking ability. Since he landed with the Ravens, he’s been a practice standout, always seemingly around the ball. But at nearly 28 years old and without any regular-season stats on his resume, it’s hard for Jackson to sell himself as an NFL playmaker.

“A lot of times people forget,” he said. “You’ve got to remind people. This is a production league. I would love to make the team. That’s the whole goal. But just work the next day. If you focus on that and continue to work toward that, good things are going to happen.”

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Can play both CB and S - another versatile guy for a coaching staff that values versatility in its backup players.

An excellent replacement for Cannon . as a gunner track athlete.

Adams replaces the tiny turd as a KR because he has running instincts,

is 40 lbs heavier and a history of making the long run in college at

a higher level

41 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

An excellent replacement for Cannon . as a gunner track athlete.

Adams replaces the tiny turd as a KR because he has running instincts,

is 40 lbs heavier and a history of making the long run in college at

a higher level

Adams isn't even official yet...