Has Adam Gase Does a Good Job with the 2019 Jets Offense in Games 1 and 2?

Warfish

Has Adam Gase Does a Good Job with the 2019 Jets Offense in Games 1 and 2?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Has Adam Gase Does a Good Job with the 2019 Jets Offense?

• Yes, he has done good job because....
    • No, he has not done a good job because....

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

It’s amazing how many just abjectly refuse to evaluate the two games so far on their own merit. No one is getting fired yet nor anytime soon and there is no need for “more time” or incomplete grades to evaluate how he did as a coach in these two specific games. It’s pretty obvious any reply for more time or incomplete is really a No vote anyway. I’m sure if he hung 30+ points on O. both weeks there wouldn’t be such hesitation....

I think the point is that evaluating Gase at all after two games (especially given the circumstances) is mostly meaningless.  

38 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So I'm still having trouble with this line of reasoning, as it implies you cannot evaluate a Coach (or anyone) based on how they did in a single game.

Again, to repeat, not looking for or making a long-term evaluation.  But are you of the view that no one can ever be evaluated for the job they did in a single game?

Lets use a different example, if Sam Darnold goes 2 for 32 for 6 yards, with 4 INT's in a game, would your reply be "we cannot evaluate this single game, we can only wait and evaluate over the course of a year or three?"

I suspect it's just a matter of how we each view the world. I'm just simply not one to make what I consider to be snap judgments. Am I pleased with the offense the first two weeks of the season? Short answer: No. But with Sam's illness, Herndon's suspension, Siemian and Enunwa's injuries, and the overall poor talent on that side of the ball, I'm not prepared at this time to lay it at the coach's feet. I don't know what coach could've gotten much more out of this depleted group. 

46 minutes ago, slats said:

I suspect it's just a matter of how we each view the world. I'm just simply not one to make what I consider to be snap judgments.

Again, "snap judgement" implies we're making universal, overall, all encompassing type evaluations.  

Let's try it a different way, because the obtuse here is just killing me.

Do you think our kickers, Vedvik and Ficken, have kicked well so far

Do you believe that by answering this question you are "making a snap judgement"? 

Am I pleased with the offense the first two weeks of the season? Short answer: No.

Good, we're making progress......

But with Sam's illness, Herndon's suspension, Siemian and Enunwa's injuries, and the overall poor talent on that side of the ball, I'm not prepared at this time to lay it at the coach's feet. I don't know what coach could've gotten much more out of this depleted group. 

So reading the above, you are, in fact, pleased with the job Gase has done. 

You say you do not believe any other coach could have gotten more out of the players and situations Gase was in.  So if he literally did the best possible in the circumstances he was in, then clearly you do think he did a good job so far.  Right?

It's perfectly ok if that is your honest answer.  I just wish we didn't have to run through a dozen rounds of questions to get here.

49 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think the point is that evaluating Gase at all after two games (especially given the circumstances) is mostly meaningless.  

Any and all fan "evaluation" is meaningless.  It has no effect on anything.  

Should we all stop posting and talking about the Jets?  JN would get awful boring....

We have two games played.  We thus have two actual games to discuss and evaluate, if we feel like evaluating. 

If you don't feel like using your brain because it's too early to judge the two already completed games so far, that's cool too. 

I am sure there is a "which cheerleader is the hottest" thread someplace to post in instead.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

F' sake, I think some of you are being consciously and knowingly obtuse at this point.

I guess we can make the usual suspects happy and just not try to evaluate anything Gase does till 2022. 

Maybe then we can talk about how he's doing.....you know, once he has weaponz.

No, I think this question is consciously and knowingly obtuse.

In week one, we had a bad offense led by a QB with mono.  In week two, we had a bad offense led by the 3rd string QB.

We've scored one offensive TD in two weeks.  It's just so shocking to me you can't find someone on the other side of this substantive debate to say, "this is good."

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Any and all fan "evaluation" is meaningless.  It has no effect on anything.  

Should we all stop posting and talking about the Jets?  JN would get awful boring....

We have two games played.  We thus have two actual games to discuss and evaluate, if we feel like evaluating. 

If you don't feel like using your brain because it's too early to judge the two already completed games so far, that's cool too. 

I am sure there is a "which cheerleader is the hottest" thread someplace to post in instead.

The simple fact that our evaluations have no actual effect on anything doesn’t make them meaningless. We all enjoy analyzing the sport we love -  it’s entertainment, and as a result, holds meaning to us. 

However, the evaluation your poll is asking us to make is (mostly) meaningless because of: (A) A hopelessly small sample size, (B) Drastic extenuating circumstances which are hard to properly account for in our assessment. 

To put it in the language you are comfortable with, the vast majority of the folks who have bothered to respond in this thread “don’t feel like” evaluating Gase after only two games.

Hope that helps.

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

However, the evaluation your poll is asking us to make is (mostly) meaningless because of: (A) A hopelessly small sample size,

It's like I'm talking, and no one is actually listening.

The "sample size" is 100% of the population you've been asked to evaluate.

This thread is about Gase's coaching and those two games ONLY.  How did he do in those two games ONLY as a Head Coach.

For **** sake, I feel like I'm being trolled at this point.  

(B) Drastic extenuating circumstances which are hard to properly account for in our assessment.

Why are they hard to account for?  They're all rather obvious and well known.  

To put it in the language you are comfortable with, the vast majority of the folks who have bothered to respond in this thread “don’t feel like” evaluating Gase after only two games.

Hope that helps.

It does.  And it says alot (IMO).

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Again, "snap judgement" implies we're making universal, overall, all encompassing type evaluations.  

Let's try it a different way, because the obtuse here is just killing me.

Do you think our kickers, Vedvik and Ficken, have kicked well so far

Do you believe that by answering this question you are "making a snap judgement"? 

Good, we're making progress......

So reading the above, you are, in fact, pleased with the job Gase has done. 

You say you do not believe any other coach could have gotten more out of the players and situations Gase was in.  So if he literally did the best possible in the circumstances he was in, then clearly you do think he did a good job so far.  Right?

It's perfectly ok if that is your honest answer.  I just wish we didn't have to run through a dozen rounds of questions to get here.

No, I'm with everyone and anyone giving him an incomplete grade. I need to see more before giving the head coach a thumbs up or down. Sorry if that's incompatible with you needing an answer to your question at this moment, or if you feel that's being obtuse. I just don't have an answer right now. I don't know if it's just the personnel or if it's also the coach. Either way, the personnel is a huge factor. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

No, I'm with everyone and anyone giving him an incomplete grade. I need to see more before giving the head coach a thumbs up or down. Sorry if that's incompatible with you needing an answer to your question at this moment, or if you feel that's being obtuse. I just don't have an answer right now. I don't know if it's just the personnel or if it's also the coach. Either way, the personnel is a huge factor. 

Yeah, this is just obvious trolling now.  Thanks slats, you got me good mate. ?

Fish:  "Hey man, how was your day yesterday, good?"

Slats:  "Well, I can't say, I'm going to have to give yesterday an incomplete, can't really give it a thumbs up or down yet, I'm just going to need to wait, take the long term view, review all my days for the next few hundred or so, and only than can I truly tell you how may day was yesterday.  Why do you need an answer NOW anyway, eh?"

Lol, good one dude. ?

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

It’s amazing how many just abjectly refuse to evaluate the two games so far on their own merit. No one is getting fired yet nor anytime soon and there is no need for “more time” or incomplete grades to evaluate how he did as a coach in these two specific games. It’s pretty obvious any reply for more time or incomplete is really a No vote anyway. I’m sure if he hung 30+ points on O. both weeks there wouldn’t be such hesitation....

Actually this part of the discussion has been very entertaining, well done for keeping it going

It's like people are afraid to say anything bad, maybe out of fear of the dreaded buttfumble, or maybe being branded a bad fan or SOJF

And/Or

they are people who would never tell their "significant other" that they look fat in an outfit when in fact the outfit in question is not flattering to their body shape (and makes them look fat) am I allowed to say fat?

I'm not sure what value there is in trying to evaluate a new coach in his first two games in which the first was led by a QB with mono and the second by a third string QB.

To the extent it has any value I am not thrilled with his planning around the O line. The O line performance is hardly affected by the QB behind it or any of the offensive injuries. If anything, the O line should have been given more help. Instead he left those edge rushers undefended. I get that his offensive scheme involves throwing out a lot of receivers and making quick passes but if the QB is not getting reasonable time to make short throws then the scheme needs to adapt. So far I haven't seen Gase do much to adapt and if he continues down that path then every team is just going to keep doing it. Forget scoring points--we will be lucky to avoid more QB injuries. 

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

His offense is literally the reason where 0-2 right now . Defense played good enough to blow out the bills and good enough to make the Browns game competitive. But 11 points in 8 qtrs is a joke . 

And let’s take a look at week 2 Monday night:

—Trevor Siemian looked totally unprepared. Didn’t know how to even audible when he saw a blitz or Garret with no OL even lining up in front of him

—vanilla playcalls every other play was a friggin screen play that the browns always recognized pre snap

—bad decisions like not taking the field goal at 16-3 in the 3rd quarter, next play was the OBJ 90 yard td

—the third string qb who had little to no interaction with Gase the days prior plays better than the starter who supposedly worked with Gase the entire week

I admit I was wrong I supported the Gase hire even though I wanted McCarthy.  Gase is an idiot who thinks he knows everything like Mangini but worse.  He needs to be fired and Williams promoted to HC