Go Nats!

Warfish

At least one team I root for is in the playoffs.

Tough game coming up against the Brew Crew, hopefully being a home game helps us out.  We got our best pitcher throwing, our bats have been hot of late, we won a bunch in a row leading up to this, we have some momentum.

Just get us past the Brewers and into that Dodgers series.  Not asking for a title, but I would love a full series to root for my Nats in the playoffs.

GO NATS!!!  Get us a curly "W" Tuesday!

P.S. as a Jets Fan, the Nats variant of "N.....A.....T.......S.....NATS! NATS! NATS! Whooooooo!" will never, ever sound right to my ears.

I could handle the theft of our Jets Chant, four letter nicknames kinda lend themselves to it.  But that "Whoooooo!" at the end.  It's just bad. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Nice stadium.  My daughter lives 3 blocks away, I go to about one game a year....  Go Nats as long as they don't play the Yanks.

Your daughter is in a good spot, hope she bought, because damn will THAT investment pay off for her later.  DC is most definitely not what it once was.  The rebuild is in full swing, the crime ridden craphole of the 80's and early 90's seems long gone in alot of parts of town.

Me and the wife went ~10 times this year.  We love the park.  We've kinda gone hard-core Home-team with the Nats, and watch them on TV regularly.  May look at becoming a season ticket plan guy next year.  

Gotta tell you, being a home team fan in the City in which your favorite team plays....heavenly, compared to being an out of town fan of say, a crappy football team from NY, lol.  I was a Mets fan as a kid (come on, 86' was in my wheelhouse).  But I lost the game for many years till recently.

Nervous as hell about tonight, one and done is risky as hell.  anything, literally, can happen.  Nats are IMO better than the Brew Crew, but not by enough to feel really solid about tonight, especially with Max not quite himself.  

But man, I sure do want to watch a playoff series of my guys Baby Sharking it up against the Dodgers! :yahoo:

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Your daughter is in a good spot, hope she bought, because damn will THAT investment pay off for her later.  DC is most definitely not what it once was.  The rebuild is in full swing, the crime ridden craphole of the 80's and early 90's seems long gone in alot of parts of town.

Me and the wife went ~10 times this year.  We love the park.  We've kinda gone hard-core Home-team with the Nats, and watch them on TV regularly.  May look at becoming a season ticket plan guy next year.  

Gotta tell you, being a home team fan in the City in which your favorite team plays....heavenly, compared to being an out of town fan of say, a crappy football team from NY, lol.  I was a Mets fan as a kid (come on, 86' was in my wheelhouse).  But I lost the game for many years till recently.

Nervous as hell about tonight, one and done is risky as hell.  anything, literally, can happen.  Nats are IMO better than the Brew Crew, but not by enough to feel really solid about tonight, especially with Max not quite himself.  

But man, I sure do want to watch a playoff series of my guys Baby Sharking it up against the Dodgers! :yahoo:

My daughter is a congressional staffer last 8 years .. own???  It’s her first apartment without a roommate and it’s a studio for 2K a month.  I am very familiar with DC as I get up there a bunch to see her.  Big reader of Baldacci and Thor so I sometimes go early and walk around the spots where many of the books I read are detailed. I’ve eaten at restaurants specifically because they are detailed in books I have enjoyed.   I’m a NATS fan all the way... through her.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Wow!!!!  Big Win!

Veteran team with a sprinkling of young talent. Man is Soto a STUD! Kid has no fear of the big moment.

Rendon should win MVP IMO.... has carried that team in a lot of ways. Hudson pickup was brilliant. Throwing smoke last night 

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Yankees are due, need one team to get another Championship.

How do you define "due"?

The Expos->Nationals have played MLB for lets see......since 1969, or 50 or so years.  They've collectively never won a single Playoff Series.

The Yankees won a World Series, lets see, 1923, 1927, 1928,  1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009.

Yeah my friend, you guys are so "due", just like the Patriots and the Lakers are due. ?

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

How do you define "due"?

The Expos->Nationals have played MLB for lets see......since 1969, or 50 or so years.  They've collectively never won a single Playoff Series.

The Yankees won a World Series, lets see, 1923, 1927, 1928,  1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2009.

Yeah my friend, you guys are so "due", just like the Patriots and the Lakers are due. ?

That's right Devils and Yanks are due, winners think like that.....F-Patriots and LA

On 9/30/2019 at 2:59 PM, Warfish said:

At least one team I root for is in the playoffs.

Tough game coming up against the Brew Crew, hopefully being a home game helps us out.  We got our best pitcher throwing, our bats have been hot of late, we won a bunch in a row leading up to this, we have some momentum.

Just get us past the Brewers and into that Dodgers series.  Not asking for a title, but I would love a full series to root for my Nats in the playoffs.

GO NATS!!!  Get us a curly "W" Tuesday!

P.S. as a Jets Fan, the Nats variant of "N.....A.....T.......S.....NATS! NATS! NATS! Whooooooo!" will never, ever sound right to my ears.

I could handle the theft of our Jets Chant, four letter nicknames kinda lend themselves to it.  But that "Whoooooo!" at the end.  It's just bad. 

BIG game tonite.....  GO NATS!!!!

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Clayton Kershaw.   Great regular season pitcher.....

I honestly feel bad for him a bit, last night wasn't completely his fault.

Can't fault Kershaw for the Rendon homer. That was a sinking curve way below the strike zone that most hitters would completely whiff at. And if they did make contact, they wouldn't do much with it. Gotta give all the credit to Rendon for going deep there.

Now the Soto bomb was completely his fault. Threw a hanging slider right over the plate, he was asking for trouble there. Soto made him pay for his mistake.

Was a combination of great hitting and bad pitching. That Rendon HR changed everything. So in a sense I do feel a tad bit bad for Kershaw because it wasn't all fault yet it's being used to push the narrative that he's a choker.

But at the same time he does have a history of underperforming in the playoffs so ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

What is the creepy avatar about?

It's an album cover made by a rap artist that's really into fashion and designing.

It's street/dark art, not meant to be blasphemous or anything. He likes to take all kinds of stuff and mixes them together. Like he has a set of CDs called "Hitler Wears Hermes" and has designs and clothing of Hitler in Hermes outfits. Basically a play on "Devil Wears Prada" ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Up 3 games to none, tonight's game 4, so incredibly excited to maybe get a chance to see my team win their way to their first World Series!

The Jets Fan in me is worried.....I'm trying to kill that thought off.  GO NATS!!!

You guys close out tonight, your pitching staff will get a lot of rest while the Yanks and Stros wear out each other's bullpens.

ff_3708614-f6dcf2abce8005f32006_full.jpg

The Nats have given me what the Jets have yet to provide, a blissful moment where MY TEAM earns its way into the big game/series.

I was there tonight, at Nats Park, getting to see my team win that big moment, seize the day and WIN!

One more series to go.  GO NATS!

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

ff_3708614-f6dcf2abce8005f32006_full.jpg

The Nats have given me what the Jets have yet to provide, a blissful moment where MY TEAM earns its way into the big game/series.

I was there tonight, at Nats Park, getting to see my team win that big moment, seize the day and WIN!

One more series to go.  GO NATS!

Congrats! Bring it home. Amazing what you can do when you remove a disease(Harper) from a team!