Sorry. We Are Now Playing For The Top Pick

Just now, jgb said:

W8t. Wut?

the silliness of folks saying that we should be playing for the top pick as recently as 72 hours ago.

i believe that we have a FQB in Darnold.  i think 2H of the year it's going to start to show up once he gets back to 100%.

next year when we add 2 quality OL guys it's going to be shown completely.

17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

the silliness of folks saying that we should be playing for the top pick as recently as 72 hours ago.

i believe that we have a FQB in Darnold.  i think 2H of the year it's going to start to show up once he gets back to 100%.

next year when we add 2 quality OL guys it's going to be shown completely.

We are agreeing. Hence my stupefaction.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, southtown24th said:

We are playing for the 32nd pick. Any “fan” concerned about where we are drafting after an inspiring win with almost 75% of the schedule left to play is an idiot.

• Upvote 4

If the Jets pick in the Top 8 or so they might be in a position to trade down with a team like Tampa or Tennessee who both now look increasingly likely to move on from their current QBs.

With that said, I think the Jets will pick just inside the top half of the Draft, maybe around 13 or 14 after going something like 7-9.

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If the Jets pick in the Top 8 or so they might be in a position to trade down with a team like Tampa or Tennessee who both now look increasingly likely to move on from their current QBs.

With that said, I think the Jets will pick just inside the top half of the Draft, maybe around 13 or 14 after going something like 7-9.

This.

Jets will go 6-10, 7-9, maaaaybe 8-8. either way, they are picking outside of the top 10 and quite possible in the early to mid teens. Unless, of course Darnold gets hurt and the Jets shut him down. There's just too many bad teams on the schedule.